Main TOM BIHN website

emailus@tombihn.com

COMMUNITY FORUMS

Welcome! We're glad you are here. This is the place to ask for bag advice, help other people out, post reviews, and share photos and videos.

x

First, select your desired search engine:

• Google Search
  • DuckDuckGo
  • Original Forum Search Engine

User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Germany
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That sounds awesome! And congrats on the NG/ Dawn Synic. Smilie

You can also ask Customer Service for fabric swatches if you are interested in a specific color.

I also don’t mind my packing cubes matching, I never had a problem with it because I only have three TB cubes anyway and each of those has a dedicated space in the bag if I take them all (and they are three different sizes). Depending on the bag I also use an old Eagle Creek Cube I still have and some Sea to Summit stuff sacks (to keep my shoes separate for example).

Forum Member
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Halcyon or Ballistic for internal organization?

I think the internal halcyon material is smoother and in some places has a coating that both protects it and makes it easy to slide accessories into.
    Last edited by shoplarry; 11-05-2019 at 09:34 PM.

Forum Member
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Halcyon or Ballistic for internal organization?

Quote Originally Posted by Mooose View Post
    I will hopefully be ordering a Ballistic Synik 22 with Halcyon interior in about four hours.

I will also be ordering a Snake Charmer, 3D Organizer Cube, Clear Packing Cube, Spiff Kit and Quarter Packing Cube for internal organization.

I have been debating material choice for these items with myself for weeks. I realize this question is really late, but I really thought I would come to my own conclusion reading the available FAQs and forum posts.

Do I want Halcyon or Ballistic for internal organization?

I havenít seen either material in person and will not be able to prior to ordering.

The weight difference is practically negligible for my expected use cases.

I think I like the look of Ballistic better, but it sounds like Halcyon may be slightly more practical (stretches more, slides in easier and easier to access/pack, while also being slightly lighter) but I really donít know having not handled either material.

Could anyone offer advice to sway me in either direction?
    I have several bags with Halcyon and although itís less structured and more flexible in movement, it is definitely not stretchy.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by shoplarry; 11-05-2019 at 09:34 PM.

Forum Member
    Florida, USA
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by moriond View Post
    @Moose, I think you will love the Nebulous Grey/Dawn color combination for the Synik 22. Thatís the combo that I have from the first preorder (and also for the Luminary 12).
    Agreed! NG / Dawn is a fantastic combination.

I picked up a Synik30 in this combo during the pre-order, just because I knew I'd kick myself if I missed out on it. (Sure enough, the subsequent run offers only Halcyon interiors.)

While I love Halcyon and find it incredibly versatile and functional, sometimes it is nice to have a sold color. Hope the Dawn 210 proves to be as resilient and robust as Halcyon as a liner.

Anyway, here's another photo of the Nebulous / Dawn combo (which strikes me as one of the more pleasing and elegant pairings in the lineup).

Hope you are enjoying yours!

Halcyon or Ballistic for internal organization?-img_6150-jpg

Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by moriond View Post
    I think you will love the Nebulous Grey/Dawn color combination for the Synik 22.
    I hope so! How well I feel about my decision varies from day to day.

Quote Originally Posted by b1gsky View Post
    That sounds awesome! And congrats on the NG/ Dawn Synic. Smilie
    Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by shoplarry View Post
    I think the internal halcyon material is smoother and in some places has a coating that both protects it and makes it easy to slide accessories into.
    I’ve heard that a few times, I’ll just have to see how well the ballistic interior works for me.

Quote Originally Posted by bb93fo57 View Post
    Anyway, here's another photo of the Nebulous / Dawn combo (which strikes me as one of the more pleasing and elegant pairings in the lineup).

Hope you are enjoying yours!
    The combination really does look fantastic!

I will not know if it works for me for another two months, best case. I do not live in the US, the bag will be delivered by someone traveling there. All I know at the moment is that UPS say they left the package at the “front door” two weeks ago.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2