Main TOM BIHN website

emailus@tombihn.com

COMMUNITY FORUMS

Welcome! We're glad you are here. This is the place to ask for bag advice, help other people out, post reviews, and share photos and videos.

x

First, select your desired search engine:

• Google Search
  • DuckDuckGo
  • Original Forum Search Engine

User Tag List

Los Angeles, CA
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

How do you store or display your Tom Bihn bags?

I'm fortunate enough to own an Aeronaut 45, Night Flight Travel Duffel (NFTD), and a Co-Pilot; all in Black Ballistic/Northwest Sky Halcyon. I normally place my Aeronaut 45 and NFTD on a bookshelf after each trip but they end up collecting dust. I'm currently considering pillow-cases for dust bags or a plastic box to store or maybe even display them on top of my bookshelves. I'm curious as to how everyone else stores or displays their Tom Bihn bags. Thanks!

Volunteer Moderator
    SF Bay area
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Welcome to the Forums @wgsqualix2002!

I have the larger travel bags stored in a large plastic tote in my bedroom closet; small cubes/accessories live in some 210 ballistic Trucks on a shelf in my room; small grab & go pouches live in Travel Trays in my entry area; my (ahem) large collection of shop bags live at work, in my car, and folded in stacks in a couple of Shop Bags in my entry closet.

Active EDC (usually an S19) sits by the door, ready to go.
    I like all the blues and greys...and all the happy citrus colours too! My search unicorn is the Sapphire Dyneema original Small Shop Bag...

Forum Member
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Nothing special for me. My A45 is on a top shelf in the closet. My CP (which isn't used too much anymore) is in a cabinet in my study. My S19 (soon to be replaced by a SN22) on the couch in my study when at home. All the various other Tom Bihn bits and baubles are usually insider whichever bag they are primarily used with.

I don't use any special protections, covers, etc. for any of my gear. I don't mind if they get a bit dusty or get scuff marks occasionally. I actually prefer the well used look over something that still looks pristine.

Forum Member
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My closet has storage cubes/bins in it. I just put my Tom Bihn bags in there with one cube holding the accessories. I just grab what I need and go. If it is something I use infrequently, I just store them in large plastic bin (much like G42 above).

Forum Member
    New England
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Pillowcases make great bag dust covers. Though i haven't stored any of my TB bags in one yet. My unused TB bags currently live in a plastic tote by the front door or in a closet, depending on frequency of use.

Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Simple idea of displaying my TB bags had never crossed my mind till this thread Smilie
    Are they instant collectibles? Then I should have taken better care of them by storing them accordingly Smilie

France
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    As much as I love and am enthusiastic to promote Tom Bihn products, they are bags - so not display items. But I do store them to be easily useable. Bigger travel bags are in bedroom wardrobes. Everyday bags and day sacks are in cupboard by front door. Shopping bags are scattered between car, home and work as constantly being used. Accessories are in plastic storage box.

Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    There was a discussion of this elsewhere, and someone suggested clipping the Tom Bihn key straps to a wire hanger. I decided to do something similar, getting a small steel rod from my hardware store, and suspending it below a shelf in my coat closet via cup hooks. This was very cheap and makes the key straps visible so I won't forget where they are.

How do you store or display your Tom Bihn bags?-key-strap-hanger-2-jpg

I also ended up taking down the hooks that were in the back of the closet, because they were spaced too closely together to be useful for coats or bags. (It took me an entire year of living in my condo, and being annoyed by them, before I decided it was worth the $20 investment to get new ones.) It was interesting what a difference it made.

All my other Shop Bags are folded inside the Pop Tote, but the Dawn Shop Bag has its own place of honor.

How do you store or display your Tom Bihn bags?-new-hooks-jpg
    ----
    All tyranny needs to gain a foothold is for people of good conscience to remain silent.
    Edmund Burke