Main TOM BIHN website

emailus@tombihn.com

COMMUNITY FORUMS

Welcome! We're glad you are here. This is the place to ask for bag advice, help other people out, post reviews, and share photos and videos.

x

First, select your desired search engine:

• Google Search
  • DuckDuckGo
  • Original Forum Search Engine

User Tag List

Thread: Halcyon vs. 525

Forum Member
    SW Gulf Coast FL
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Halcyon vs. 525

Hi yall...
    I read through threads looking for opinions on this but came up dry. I might have missed it so if there are threads, you can just direct me there.
    I am about to order a Co-Pilot. Dont know which fabric though. I am familiar with Halcyon because I have a MB in Nordic. Id like to know how the 525 compares to Halcyon. Not the durability but the hand of 525, softness, squishiness, how well it molds to body shape, is it stiff...stuff like that.
    Thanks!

Forum Member
    SF Bay Area
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Finnabair: In the last 12 months, I bought a Co-Pilot in deep blue 525 ballistic. I like the fabric because it is a nice compromise between too soft and too stiff. When I travel, I stuff the Co-Pilot pretty full including a Macbook 12, noise cancelling headset, etc. The 525 retains some structure and the back doesn't collapse and provides a bit more protection to the contents. The "hand" of 525 is smooth and just pliable enough without deforming.

Forum Member
    Indiana
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My CoPilot in Original halcyon, 400D is my EDC. It’s a little squishy front to back so it does curve around my hip when carried. The main shape is still pretty boxy due to the seaming in the construction and it stands on it’s own unless I’ve got it unbalanced. My Kindle Paperwhite lives in one of the back pockets and when I remove the cubelet (of cables, battery charger, headphones) from the opposite front pocket, it tends to fall over if there’s nothing in the center!

Forum Member
    SW Gulf Coast FL
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thank you, Go Navy and tress29 for your help. I ordered a black halcyon/Iberian CoPilot last night and, of course, a few other little goodies to put inside it! I think I will like the smooshier fabric and I don’t think the boxy shape is going to bother me. I’ve been carrying a couple of MZ Wallace quilted nylon bags lately that have a very boxy silhouette. Really nice bags but I am wanting an EDC that’s not so obviously a purse. A bag that’s a little funkier and interesting. And I love Tom Bihn’s philosophies and business practices.