Main TOM BIHN website

emailus@tombihn.com

COMMUNITY FORUMS

Welcome! We're glad you are here. This is the place to ask for bag advice, help other people out, post reviews, and share photos and videos.

x

First, select your desired search engine:

• Google Search
  • DuckDuckGo
  • Original Forum Search Engine

User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    TOM BIHN Crew (we work here) Darcy's Avatar
    The far west
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

12/2 Debut: Splitting it across two different times of day?

I believe a few of you suggested that we split the Synik releases over two different times/days. We did that, and I think it worked better for a number of people. So, thank you! Splitting the times means that people who have different work/school/family/life schedules can choose to order at a debut time that works better for them; it also means that, if the first 1/2 of the debut sells out, there's a chance for some breathing room and another opportunity at a later time.

Our next debut will be on Monday, December 2nd. We expect the product pages will go live on 11/26 or 11/27; so, there will be time over the long weekend to read descriptions, see photos, and consider color combinations. (We may or may not have quick videos ready in time!) All of the items for the 12/2 debut will be in-stock and ready to ship that day.

So here's what we'd like your feedback on: would it be helpful if we split the debut on 12/2? We're guessing yes but you may think of things we didn't, so we wanted to ask.

We're imagining the first 1/2 of the stock of all of the new items would go up at 8:00am Pacific Time and the second 1/2 of the stock would go up at 1:00pm Pacific Time. Note: for various logistical reasons, we can't split the 12/2 debut over multiple days, and the second 1/2 of the debut couldn't go up later at 1:00pm.
    Last edited by Darcy; 11-15-2019 at 09:20 AM.
    Current Carry: The Hero's Journey, Skookum Dog Citizen Canine, Founder's Briefcase, Synapse 19 (day hikes), Guide's Pack (longer day hikes), Yeoman Duffel (winter/emergency stuff for the car), Aeronaut 30 (travel), Night Flight Travel Duffel (camera bag), Moveable Feast + Shop Bags (food)

Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yes, please split the release times! I personally would appreciate not missing out.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3000 using Tapatalk

Forum Member
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    @Darcy, thanks for asking. Both times work well for me (in the Central Time Zone).

I'm torn about getting in on this round, though, so I have a couple of questions. 1) Can we assume that this is our last chance to get the Synik in time for Holiday shopping? And 2) I'm guessing that, given the wild popularity of the Synik, and your difficulty keeping the regular version in stock, that the Guide's Edition will get pushed further back in 2020? Can you give us a hint of when it might be available?

Alabama
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    So excited!!! Either way for the debut works for me, but I know others may appreciate the split.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    "Not all who wander are lost"
    "Love people, use things, because the opposite never works" - The Minimalists
    Synapse 25 in Olive, Aubergine Side Effect, UV A30 PCBP, Sitka PCSB

Montana
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Cannot wait for the debut! Either time works for me. (Mountain Time Zone) But I think this is a great idea!!
    Navy/Wasabi S25, Sitka Mini OP,
    Nordic/Iberian SE, Nordic PCSB, Navy Medium Clear OP, Iberian 8" Key Strap, Ultraviolet 8" Key Strap,
    Black/NWS SK, Ultraviolet Large OP, Fjord Small TT, Verde Small Double OP, Island Origami Swan, Island 3D OP , Island SSC , Nordic/NWS LCB, Multi Color Clear OW

Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Split times sound great! Always exciting to see what's new. <3

Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yes, definitely split the debut. It gives people with varying schedules a chance to order.
    ----
    All tyranny needs to gain a foothold is for people of good conscience to remain silent.
    Edmund Burke

Forum Member
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My vote is to split the debut times. In the recent past, some forum members have been very upset to have missed out on item(s) that sold out before they were able to purchase them. I remember debuts in years past where there was no perusing photographs and reading descriptions in advance; we were just given hints about the items, and it seemed like a feeding frenzy to check out within minutes or risk losing items in your cart. This current debut process is much more relaxed and itís easier to make an informed decision which items will work for me. Just my two cents Ö
    Seeking Solar shop bags and Solar packing cube shoulder bag Spring Also coveting an Iberian Synapse or Copilot

Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yes...split times please!
    Cadet (Steel /NW Sky) Yeoman Duffel (Burnt Orange)

Volunteer Moderator
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I love the idea of splitting the debut. As someone 8 hours ahead of pacific time, a 4pm/8pm split is really convenient! Thanks for offering this as an option.

NYC
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I offer my 2 cents to the pile of pennies. I like the idea of split times, too.
    "Ignoring isn't the same as ignorance, you have to work at it." -- Margaret Atwood, "The Handmaid's Tale"

TOM BIHN Crew (we work here) Darcy's Avatar
    The far west
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jimbo3b View Post
    @Darcy, thanks for asking. Both times work well for me (in the Central Time Zone).

I'm torn about getting in on this round, though, so I have a couple of questions. 1) Can we assume that this is our last chance to get the Synik in time for Holiday shopping? And 2) I'm guessing that, given the wild popularity of the Synik, and your difficulty keeping the regular version in stock, that the Guide's Edition will get pushed further back in 2020? Can you give us a hint of when it might be available?
    Good questions. Here's the most current information:

Monday, 12/2 will be next restock of both the Synik 22 and Synik 30.
    It's not final, but it looks like 1/2 of the stock will be offered at 8:00am and 1/2 of the stock will be offered at 1:00pm.
    Colors: same as the In Production colors on the website with the wildcard color listed below.

After that, the next Synik restock will be sometime 12/13 - 12/20 and it will be the Synik 30 only.

The wildcard color: as I mentioned elsewhere, we accidentally cut Steel Parapack Synik 30 *exteriors*. We have decided to line those bags with Navy Parapack. We're making them now, and they will either be available on 12/2 or in that second restock sometime 12/13 - 12/20, depending on when we finish them. Steel Parapack/Navy Parapack Synik 30s will only be offered this one time, as we're very low/almost out of Steel Parapack entirely.

Our plan is to offer the Guide's Edition options for pre-order as soon as all Coyote materials are at the factory and we've been able to make a small PPB production run. That could be as soon as late January or as late as late March, and it probably somewhere in-between Smilie
    Current Carry: The Hero's Journey, Skookum Dog Citizen Canine, Founder's Briefcase, Synapse 19 (day hikes), Guide's Pack (longer day hikes), Yeoman Duffel (winter/emergency stuff for the car), Aeronaut 30 (travel), Night Flight Travel Duffel (camera bag), Moveable Feast + Shop Bags (food)

Forum Member
    Indiana
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by pammy View Post
    I remember debuts in years past where there was no perusing photographs and reading descriptions in advance; we were just given hints about the items, and it seemed like a feeding frenzy to check out within minutes or risk losing items in your cart.
    I bet a lot of people bought the items (and later decided they didn't fit their packing style,) but they didn't want to miss out. With the Synik debut, I already knew the bag wasn't for me. I could still enjoy everyone's excitement, and I LOVE the reviews and photos! I just didn't have to stress if "my color" would be available, etc...

Forum Member
    New Zealand
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That works much better for me. 8am Pacific Time is 5am New Zealand DST whereas 1pm is a much more comfortable 10am.
    A30 in original halcyon/wasabi. Side Kick in verde/northwest sky and cloud/viridian, Pop Tote in Mars Red, Travel Cubelet in Mars Red, A30 packing cube backpack in northwest sky, large travel tray in sitka, packing cubes, pouches and cubelets

Forum Member
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by tress29 View Post
    I bet a lot of people bought the items (and later decided they didn't fit their packing style,) but they didn't want to miss out. With the Synik debut, I already knew the bag wasn't for me. I could still enjoy everyone's excitement, and I LOVE the reviews and photos! I just didn't have to stress if "my color" would be available, etc...
    So true. Probably a lot of returns in previous debuts. Now, it's so nice to be able to look at pictures and leisurely read about the new items debuting and hopefully see reviews of those who received those items early, such as the moderators. It really takes the stress out of debut day, but I must say those prior debuts were super exciting since we didn't know exactly what to expect.
    Seeking Solar shop bags and Solar packing cube shoulder bag Spring Also coveting an Iberian Synapse or Copilot

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast