Main TOM BIHN website

emailus@tombihn.com

COMMUNITY FORUMS

Welcome! We're glad you are here. This is the place to ask for bag advice, help other people out, post reviews, and share photos and videos.

x

First, select your desired search engine:

• Google Search
  • DuckDuckGo
  • Original Forum Search Engine

User Tag List

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
    Silicon Valley
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Maybe a few things to add:

* My WF in halcyon fits Eagle Creek folders:
    Granted it's a bit tight, and I only carry one stuffed to the gills in the bundle method, but the stretchier halcyon fabric allows for more room; for heavy business travelers I'd recommend Halcyon over other fabrics as it's just more flexible and it's plenty durable in minimum room. In 3+ years of 25+ trips/year, under seats, in overheads, I have a few small marks that came off with a wet rag - very durable!

* Yes, the WF fits great under all seats
    except very small / odd commuter flights, but it does fit in the those tiny overheads!

* I carry a ton of stuff in the WF:
    3+ suit and fixins, full size BT speaker, shoes, big laptop in cache, dopp kit, and lunch!
    I also use it on the absolute strap with an S25 as my support bag - people are always shocked those are my only bags and, really, I don't routinely need the S25, I'd just need a Pilot which serves as my briefcase and which I carry rolled-up in the S25 until I get to my destination

The WF is the unsung hero bag in the TB lineup - my only complaint is the weird fake-silk side handles ... I get they're probably better than webbing in terms of use and getting caught on things, but seems like it'd be easy to add Synik / TS type handles. For me, it prevents the bag from feeling premium
    Last edited by GrussGott; 11-21-2019 at 10:40 AM.

Manhattan. I haven't flown on a plane since the '90s.
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by GrussGott View Post
    The WF is the unsung hero bag in the TB lineup - my only complaint is the weird fake-silk side handles ... I get they're probably better than webbing in terms of use and getting caught on things, but seems like it'd be easy to add Synik / TS type handles. For me, it prevents the bag from feeling premium
    It really is!

I wouldn't have thought it.

In fact, I bought it to use as a "second" bag for my longer trips, and as an "overnight(ish)" bag for weekend jaunts.

Turns out it's pretty darn great as a primary bag. And it's JUST that much smaller than the TriStar so that it looks, feels, and carries more like an "overnight" bag than a full-fledged suitcase.

Forum Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Agree 100%. I think the WF is the best bag in the lineup due to the slightly wider openings than the TS. I can also pack nearly the same amount of clothes in a WF as my A45 so add me to the list!

Forum Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hey guys, cut it out. I love my Tristar and you're making me consider buying an Aeronaut 45 and/or a Western Flyer! Big Grin

Forum Member
    Indiana
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I've been researching the WF as my color preference is in production. But I keep wondering what the Trinity will be...

NY
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    After selling my WF and using an AER Travel Pack 2, I really miss my WF Frown

It just could pack so much and keep slim since I’m a flatpacker, and I realized how I really wanted a WF again. I’m thinking about buying a new WF now and selling my AER, but now I’m confused on which fabric to opt for.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by tress29 View Post
    I've been researching the WF as my color preference is in production. But I keep wondering what the Trinity will be...
    Good point about the Trinity. If I may ask what is your color of preference?
    Monster Truck (Nebulous Gray) Cadet (Steel /NW Sky) Yeoman Duffel Mini (Burnt Orange) Yeoman Duffel Small (Steel)

Forum Member
    St Andrews, Scotland
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This thread is making me think I should get a WF...damn it

Forum Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Love, love, LOVE the Western Flyer!!! ---with one exception: the handles!! I wish it had Tristar style handles on top (2 instead of one), and better side handles as well. Otherwise, the Western Flyer is perfect!!!

Forum Member
    Indiana
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Chris D. View Post
    Good point about the Trinity. If I may ask what is your color of preference?
    I love Original Halcyon with Wasabi! I like Ultraviolet too, but have it in many accessories, so don’t want it for the lining. My Sidekick has Island, which I don’t love, but felt I needed to get the Original while it was still available.

Silicon Valley
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Carolina View Post
    Love, love, LOVE the Western Flyer!!! ---with one exception: the handles!! I wish it had Tristar style handles on top (2 instead of one), and better side handles as well. Otherwise, the Western Flyer is perfect!!!
    it's the craziest bag ever: when you're packing it you're always thinking it's just a bit too small ... then when you're travelling with it you're always thinking you're so glad it isn't too big! It just fits everywhere and it holds everything you need it too if you're really good about selection and packing. Plus it unpacks and re-packs like lightning and doesn't look oddly large as a briefcase or backpack.

I'm traveling and I just used mine to carry two bags of groceries I repacked into it and returned the paper bags ... then we stopped for fresh bread and I was able to stuff that in there too!

TB Western Flyer: The World's largest 26L bag.
    Last edited by GrussGott; 12-27-2019 at 10:35 PM.

Forum Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Skirata44 View Post
    This thread is making me think I should get a WF...damn it
    Me too! And I donít even do one-bag traveling!Surprising results - Tri-Star vs A30Surprising results - Tri-Star vs A30

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Hong Kong
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I am trying to decide between TS and WF and totally agree about the handles not feeling premium. Really should make them same as Tristar. For the new Trinity bag, they will use 2 handles like TS so I might just wait and see what that bag looks like.

Forum Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I canít speak about the WF because I donít have one, but I love my A30! I have packed for a 2 week trip to Europe in it with room to spare. The WF seems like it would have less options than the ďwide open-nessĒ of the A30. I have also taken it on small European regional airlines and never had to check it.

Forum Member
    Jacksonville, FL
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by GrussGott View Post
    * Yes, the WF fits great under all seats
    except very small / odd commuter flights, but it does fit in the those tiny overheads!
    I've had more luck getting it under the seat than in the overheads on the regional cigars. I've found the under seat is the one place that, short of AV boxes, doesn't change much from plane to plane.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast