Main TOM BIHN website

emailus@tombihn.com

COMMUNITY FORUMS

Welcome! We're glad you are here. This is the place to ask for bag advice, help other people out, post reviews, and share photos and videos.

x

First, select your desired search engine:

• Google Search
  • DuckDuckGo
  • Original Forum Search Engine

User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Silicon Valley
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Maybe a few things to add:

* My WF in halcyon fits Eagle Creek folders:
    Granted it's a bit tight, and I only carry one stuffed to the gills in the bundle method, but the stretchier halcyon fabric allows for more room; for heavy business travelers I'd recommend Halcyon over other fabrics as it's just more flexible and it's plenty durable in minimum room. In 3+ years of 25+ trips/year, under seats, in overheads, I have a few small marks that came off with a wet rag - very durable!

* Yes, the WF fits great under all seats
    except very small / odd commuter flights, but it does fit in the those tiny overheads!

* I carry a ton of stuff in the WF:
    3+ suit and fixins, full size BT speaker, shoes, big laptop in cache, dopp kit, and lunch!
    I also use it on the absolute strap with an S25 as my support bag - people are always shocked those are my only bags and, really, I don't routinely need the S25, I'd just need a Pilot which serves as my briefcase and which I carry rolled-up in the S25 until I get to my destination

The WF is the unsung hero bag in the TB lineup - my only complaint is the weird fake-silk side handles ... I get they're probably better than webbing in terms of use and getting caught on things, but seems like it'd be easy to add Synik / TS type handles. For me, it prevents the bag from feeling premium
    Last edited by GrussGott; 11-21-2019 at 10:40 AM.

Manhattan
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by GrussGott View Post
    The WF is the unsung hero bag in the TB lineup - my only complaint is the weird fake-silk side handles ... I get they're probably better than webbing in terms of use and getting caught on things, but seems like it'd be easy to add Synik / TS type handles. For me, it prevents the bag from feeling premium
    It really is!

I wouldn't have thought it.

In fact, I bought it to use as a "second" bag for my longer trips, and as an "overnight(ish)" bag for weekend jaunts.

Turns out it's pretty darn great as a primary bag. And it's JUST that much smaller than the TriStar so that it looks, feels, and carries more like an "overnight" bag than a full-fledged suitcase.

Forum Member
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Agree 100%. I think the WF is the best bag in the lineup due to the slightly wider openings than the TS. I can also pack nearly the same amount of clothes in a WF as my A45 so add me to the list!

Forum Member
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hey guys, cut it out. I love my Tristar and you're making me consider buying an Aeronaut 45 and/or a Western Flyer! Big Grin

Forum Member
    Indiana
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I've been researching the WF as my color preference is in production. But I keep wondering what the Trinity will be...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2