Main TOM BIHN website

emailus@tombihn.com

COMMUNITY FORUMS

Welcome! We're glad you are here. This is the place to ask for bag advice, help other people out, post reviews, and share photos and videos.

x

First, select your desired search engine:

• Google Search
  • DuckDuckGo
  • Original Forum Search Engine

User Tag List

Silicon Valley
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Question People Grabbing Your Bag by Mistake?

As a two-bag all-black carry-on only traveler, one bag is always in the overhead ... given the number of black bags and distracted travelers it's not infrequent that you see someone grab someone else's bag. My wife once had to chase someone down in the terminal who had grabbed her bag! Tengu

In any event, I've never had any mistakes for my bags since switching to Halcyon 400: still black, but distinctive, and I've never seen anyone with another H400 on any flight I've been on, much less in my same row.

So curious as to everyone else's experience: ever had someone grab your bag by mistake? If so, was it a TB? If so, what colors and materials?

Thanks!

Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I was waiting to deplane the first time I flew with my Verde Western Flyer and was surprised when a guy across the aisle from me stood up and started to grab my bag. He moved it a couple of inches before looking confused and putting it back. His green (not sure what shade) Tri Star was at the other end of the bin. Smilie

Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by chuck-will View Post
    I was waiting to deplane the first time I flew with my Verde Western Flyer and was surprised when a guy across the aisle from me stood up and started to grab my bag. He moved it a couple of inches before looking confused and putting it back. His green (not sure what shade) Tri Star was at the other end of the bin. Smilie
    What are the chances? TB for TB. And green nontheless!

Sent from my SM-N950F using Tapatalk

Forum Member
    Alaska
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Greetings,
    A businessman took my purple bag off the carousel and to his hotel. His bag was a deep burgundy color. Mine was closer to grape. I understand that men and women see colors differently, but these were two clearly different bags, both brands and colors. They were a similar size, but not a Tom Bihn bag.

I can only imagine the look on his face when he opened it and found my tent and camping gear instead of his business suits. I look at it as a blessing every time I think of it. It motivates me to travel one bag style. On my three previous business trips, the airlines lost my luggage and kindly returned it to me the day I flew home.

I figured that this guy taking my bag (which was returned) was just the universe's way of telling me to go carry on or the airlines were going to just lose my luggage for good. elisa

Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That's kind of unbelievable! I have to think severe jet lag or some other factor may have been responsible.
    I don't usually check my TB bags, and even when I put them in the overhead, I try to place them across from me so I can keep an eye out when everyone is deplaning.

And @chuck-will, what are the odds of that? Too funny!

Quote Originally Posted by AlaskaGirl View Post
    Greetings,
    A businessman took my purple bag off the carousel and to his hotel. His bag was a deep burgundy color. Mine was closer to grape. I understand that men and women see colors differently, but these were two clearly different bags, both brands and colors. They were a similar size, but not a Tom Bihn bag.
    elisa
    ----
    All tyranny needs to gain a foothold is for people of good conscience to remain silent.
    Edmund Burke

Forum Member
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by bchaplin View Post
    I don't usually check my TB bags, and even when I put them in the overhead, I try to place them across from me so I can keep an eye out when everyone is deplaning.
    Same here. I never check at bag except when flying with my bike which I kinda have to check. Anyways, I always sit on the left side of the plane on the aisle and put my bag in the overhead across from me and slightly forward (usually just one row). Allows me to not stress over getting my back out as I just grab the handle with my right hand as a pass by. Works perfectly for me.

Forum Member
    Orlando, FL
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My aunt was quite a flamboyant dresser, but her luggage was plain black. I don't know who grabbed the wrong bag, but she got to her hotel and found business papers and men's suits in the bag. Whoever the business man was ended up with lace panties, high heels, and sequined dresses.

Forum Member
    Springfield, MA
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I know folks who have to take motion sickness meds to fly, and they get serious brain fog. It would be surprising if they DIDN'T grab the wrong bag a few times.