Main TOM BIHN website

emailus@tombihn.com

COMMUNITY FORUMS

Welcome! We're glad you are here. This is the place to ask for bag advice, help other people out, post reviews, and share photos and videos.

x

First, select your desired search engine:

• Google Search
  • DuckDuckGo
  • Original Forum Search Engine

User Tag List

Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Attaching a Tile to the Nik's Wallet (#4)

I have my lovely Nik's Wallet in Viridian on a key strap - it means I can always fish it out of my bag with ease and I'm less likely to lose it. Unfortunately less likely doesn't mean that it's impossible, and my skill with regards to losing things is unparalleled (if you've seen my ukulele please let me know!)–and some of my bags aren't Tom Bihn and don't have O-Rings!
    For this reason, I wanted to attach a Tile to my wallet, I clipped it onto the key strap first but the attachment on the Tile is quite large and after finding my Tile in my coat pocket but spending another 15 minutes looking for my wallet I decided enough was enough. I found some tiny split rings (keyrings) which are just 5mm in diameter (0.2"). This goes onto the webbing hook of my wallet easily, and the Tile is attached to that! It's simple but works for me. I did consider getting one of the credit card shaped Tiles, but I don't like that you can't replace the batteries in those and it would use up precious space inside my wallet. I can also detach my wallet from the key strap and keep the Tile attached now.

As a bonus, this also solves the fact that the attachment on my KeySmart Pro is too small for my key strap! I put another of the tiny rings on the attachment and the key strap attaches handily!

Unfortunately I can't seem to upload images to the forum, but I've put them in Dropbox instead:
    Nik's #4 Wallet
    KeySmart Pro

I thought I'd share in case anyone else has the same problem I do! Now where is that ukulele...
    Proud owner of a Synik 22 (Aubergine/Northwest Sky), a Medium Café Bag (Alphaviolet), and a whole host of accessories.

Forum Member
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks for the post! I actually attached a Tile to mine too. I got a small s-biner clip and attached it that way. i misplace it about every two weeks so it's helpful! My husband laughs every time he hears the Tile music. I don't care though because I know where my wallet is! I think a keyring would look better than an s-biner but they both work.

Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have a few small S Biners but mine seemed to still be a little too large for the Tile and I was worried it would pop off like it was doing on the keystrap. I'm glad yours work!
    Proud owner of a Synik 22 (Aubergine/Northwest Sky), a Medium Café Bag (Alphaviolet), and a whole host of accessories.

Boston; she/her
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Cool, that looks like a neat solution! @RosemaryOrchard, I think the problem you had uploading the images may have been the size--images need to be under 1MB for the uploader here.
    I have a bunch of great bags. Favorite color combos include Aubergine/Island, Navy/Solar, Forest/UV, Original Halcyon/Wasabi, Cloud/Viridian... and now also Seapine/UV!

I've fulfilled my dream of palindromic-colored nested bags! Navy/Ultraviolet Pilot with Aubergine/Island Side Effect inside: blue purple purple blue. Forest/UV A45 with Aubergine/Wasabi Co-Pilot inside: green purple purple green.

Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by aedifica View Post
    I think the problem you had uploading the images may have been the size--images need to be under 1MB for the uploader here.
    Ahh, I was just getting "upload failed" when I tried, I'll have to give it another shot to get those images inline, thanks!

Boston; she/her
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by RosemaryOrchard View Post
    Ahh, I was just getting "upload failed" when I tried, I'll have to give it another shot to get those images inline, thanks!
    Yeah, it would be useful if it could give a more specific message when failing to upload photos, but I don't think we have that level of control over the forum software.
    I have a bunch of great bags. Favorite color combos include Aubergine/Island, Navy/Solar, Forest/UV, Original Halcyon/Wasabi, Cloud/Viridian... and now also Seapine/UV!

I've fulfilled my dream of palindromic-colored nested bags! Navy/Ultraviolet Pilot with Aubergine/Island Side Effect inside: blue purple purple blue. Forest/UV A45 with Aubergine/Wasabi Co-Pilot inside: green purple purple green.