Main TOM BIHN website

emailus@tombihn.com

COMMUNITY FORUMS

Welcome! We're glad you are here. This is the place to ask for bag advice, help other people out, post reviews, and share photos and videos.

x

First, select your desired search engine:

• Google Search
  • DuckDuckGo
  • Original Forum Search Engine

User Tag List

Page 10 of 18 FirstFirst ... 8 9 10 11 12 ... LastLast
    Montana
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Does anyone have an IRL photo of the Icon in Nebulous Grey / Iberian?
    Navy/Wasabi S25, Sitka Mini OP,
    Nordic/Iberian SE, Nordic PCSB, Navy Medium Clear OP, Iberian 8" Key Strap, Ultraviolet 8" Key Strap,
    Black/NWS SK, Ultraviolet Large OP, Fjord Small TT, Verde Small Double OP, Island Origami Swan, Island 3D OP , Island SSC , Nordic/NWS LCB, Multi Color Clear OW

Volunteer Moderator
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Walker View Post
    Shepherd’s wool! Saffron gold.

The Icon looks interesting. I like the stealth black.

Can we get a photo of it turned inside out to show the pockets inside the main compartment. Pretty please.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Apologies for the lighting, it’s nearly 11pm here.

The two open top pockets that sit against the front of the bag:

The pen pockets on one short side (the little black tab sticking out on the right is an o-ring):

The plain short side (but you can see the other o-ring):

There are no interior open top pockets against the back wall of the bag.

Hope this helps!

Forum Member
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

12/2 debut: news + stock + more

Thank you so much, Cristina. This is very helpful indeed.

I like that stealth black.

The pockets look flat. I really liked the gusseted pockets of the Maker’s bag. When filled, the gusseted pockets sorta “fell” towards the main compartment, which helped balance the bag.

Last edited by Walker; 11-27-2019 at 04:45 PM.

Forum Member
    Seattle, WA
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have been looking for a new crossbody bag to use for traveling, among other things, and waited for this debut announcement in case there was something for me. And oh my, that Icon. I think that is just what I need. I'll be setting an alarm for 8 AM. Now to decide on a color.

I appreciate all the photos being posted to show the new Logic and Seapine fabrics. They are both so pretty. My first thought on viewing the announcement was - "I want one of everything in Logic." It's going to be an expensive Monday Embarrassment

TOM BIHN Crew (we work here) Darcy's Avatar
    The far west
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Finnabair View Post
    Since you asked Smilie...(if there’s a more appropriate place for this, let me know).
    Chewie is the red dog, a whippet, boxer, lab mix (the rescue thought he was a border collie mix).
    Bear is the black one. Cattle dog, maybe border collie and the trainer thinks there’s some husky in there.
    Thank you for helping Chewie and Bear! These photos made my day.
    Current Carry: The Hero's Journey, Skookum Dog Citizen Canine, Founder's Briefcase, Synapse 19 (day hikes), Guide's Pack (longer day hikes), Yeoman Duffel (winter/emergency stuff for the car), Aeronaut 30 (travel), Night Flight Travel Duffel (camera bag), Moveable Feast + Shop Bags (food)

Forum Member
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Will a Pouchkin Leaf clip into one of the HLTs?
    Last edited by darbotek; 11-27-2019 at 07:53 PM. Reason: Typo

Volunteer Moderator
    SF Bay area
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by darbotek View Post
    Welcome to the Forums @darbotek!

I don't have any First/Second Aid Kits or Pouchkins to check for you, but hopefully someone will chime in
    I like all the blues and greys...and all the happy citrus colours too! My search unicorn is the Sapphire Dyneema original Small Shop Bag...

Alberta, Canada
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by esg View Post
    I have been looking for a new crossbody bag to use for traveling, among other things, and waited for this debut announcement in case there was something for me. And oh my, that Icon. I think that is just what I need. I'll be setting an alarm for 8 AM. Now to decide on a color.

It's going to be an expensive Monday Embarrassment
    RIGHT?!?!? The timing is excellent for me, as I'll be in the US right after debut day... but the Icon is way above and beyond what I was envisioning for a small-upgrade-from-my-Sidekick bag... going to be such an expensive Monday!

Forum Member
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by G42 View Post
    Welcome to the Forums @darbotek!

I don't have any First/Second Aid Kits or Pouchkins to check for you, but hopefully someone will chime in
    Thank you, glad to be here!

Volunteer Moderator
    Honolulu, HI
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by darbotek View Post
    Yes, the size and spacing of the elastic webbing at the base of the HLTs are the same as for the First and Second Aid Pouches, so you can afix the bayonets at the bottom of the leaf pouchkins to the HLTs, but in practice you would only do this for the larger HLT2, because the pouchkins feel too large for the HLT1. There’s not enough vertical room to hang pouchkins from O-rings inside the mesh pouch of the HLT1, and the leaf pouchkin overwhelms the HLT1. You could hang a single pouchkin from an O-ring outside the mesh pocket of the HLT1, but the pouchkin connecting clips are stiff, unlike the snaphooks of the Ghost Whale Pouches and Organizer Pouches, so you’d have to slightly angle it to fit.

Forum Member
    austin
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by aedifica View Post
    No, they're much smoother to the touch than Cordura! I'm happy about that because they won't pick up pet hair like Cordura does. The Materials page has already been updated with the new fabric, and it says "Our 630d fabric is a filament fabric, so it’s smooth like our 210d, 525d and 1050d ballistic, and doesn’t tend to collect pet hair or fussels." (I had to ask what "fussels" meant, it was a new word for me! It means bits of lint.)
    thank you so much for pointing that out! i saw the reference to cordura on the product page and totally missed the "but it's actually smooth" part. yay!!

Forum Member
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Exciting stuff! Thanks for all the photos and details, everyone.

That Seapine Icon is gorgeous and so tempting, but I'm holding out hope for a future version with black zippers. The contrasty UV zippers are cute, but definitely not my style. Fingers crossed for a future Seapine version w/ black zippers!

Silicon Valley
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by BWeaves View Post
    I'm also a little turned off by the lack of a zipper across the top of the Icon that opens it up wide so you can easily see in and stuff it full.
    Yeah .. and the curvy non-symmetric multi-color design aesthetic. One thing I've really appreciated about TB over the last 5 years is form-follows-function design, and the Icon / Pika / HLT seem to be departing from that and in the direction of Kate Spade ... which is fine if it's confined to this line, however I'm really hoping this isn't a leading design cue of where the Trinity are going ... just my 2 cents for my style
    Last edited by GrussGott; 11-28-2019 at 02:23 PM.

Hampshire, UK
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by GrussGott View Post
    Yeah .. and the curvy non-symmetric multi-color design aesthetic. One thing I've really appreciated about TB over the last 5 years is form-follows-function design, and the Icon / Pika / HLT seem to be departing from that and in the direction of Kate Spade ... which is fine if it's confined to this line, however I'm really hoping this isn't a leading design cue of where the Trinity are going ... just my 2 cents for my style
    I have to agree as I came to TB about 7 years ago and have continued to be a customer specifically due to their focus on function.

I always thought their designs were geeky cool (functional but not boring). Also hoping the long awaited trinity bag holds true to this and not just fancy aesthetics.

Aeronaut 45 (Navy/NWS), A30 (Black/Island), Tristar (Steel/Island), Western Flyer (Steel/Island), Pilot (Steel/Island), Synapse 25 (Mars Red/NWS), Synapse 19 (Black/Island) & (Burnt Orange/Steel), Ristretto 11 (Navy/Steel), Small Cafe Bag (Navy/Steel) & (Mars Red/Dawn), Daylight Briefcase (Cloud/Dawn), Side Kick (Mars Red/Dawn), Travel Cubelet (Mars Red)

Forum Member
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by moriond View Post
    Yes, the size and spacing of the elastic webbing at the base of the HLTs are the same as for the First and Second Aid Pouches...
    Thank you so much!

Page 10 of 18 FirstFirst ... 8 9 10 11 12 ... LastLast