Main TOM BIHN website

emailus@tombihn.com

COMMUNITY FORUMS

Welcome! We're glad you are here. This is the place to ask for bag advice, help other people out, post reviews, and share photos and videos.

x

First, select your desired search engine:

• Google Search
  • DuckDuckGo
  • Original Forum Search Engine

User Tag List

Page 14 of 18 FirstFirst ... 4 12 13 14 15 16 ... LastLast
    Forum Member
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

12/2 debut: news + stock + more

YES vote for the black label.

Other favorite Tom Bihn labels:

Last edited by Walker; 12-03-2019 at 07:09 PM.

Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I agree on the black label. It would look very nice on any black bag. Possibly on coyote too. Not sure how it would look with other colors.

Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Soooo.... there's Icon...There's Trinity... Please tell me you are considering naming something
    Triptych???

Quote Originally Posted by Darcy View Post
    Okay, take this all with a huge grain of salt because it's subject to change, but you've caught me at the end of a busy day and my guard is down so... Big Grin

The original Trinity is a new travel bag designed by Tom; at this point, we think it will debut in two sizes in early-mid 2020. Its release has been delayed multiple times because we're waiting on a specialty zipper made just for us that's essential to the design.

Since designing the original Trinity, Tom has also designed a Trinity messenger bag and is working on Trinity briefcases. No timeline for those.

Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yes! I’m curious what everyone is thinking of the black label / what they’ll think when they receive their Icons and see it in real life. And whether you guys want to see it on more bags.
    I think it's a great idea! I would have tried for a Stealth Icon, but I felt they would be the most popular and would disappear from my cart too quickly to even bother attempting it. (I think I might have been right; I'm hearing anecdotally that a lot of people wanted them.)

I love the red label as a logo, and it goes very well with certain colors, like gray. But with blue, aubergine or orange, the red clashes. In those bags I would think a gray label would match a lot better. With the black bags, a "stealth" label would match the aesthetic of those who prefer to carry something more understated.
    ----
    All tyranny needs to gain a foothold is for people of good conscience to remain silent.
    Edmund Burke

Norway
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The British English spelling of colour (adding the u) allows us to bypass the automatic "In Production" designation that comes up when a color combination sells out. So, in the case of the Firewood Carrier, we had it spelled as "colour" so that it didn't appear as In Production. Then we decided to make one more production run. And, because you asked about it, I was prompted to remove the "u" so now it's listing as In Production. Maybe more than you ever wanted to know, but there you go... Smilie
    I am glad I asked! Thanks for the look behind the curtain. Smilie

Forum Member
    Portland-ish OR
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Sorry you missed out on the Icon. Irma is finishing cutting the next production run today! No 400d or Halcyon or 210d ballistic options for the Icon are planned. I'll double check with Tom, but I believe he felt those materials just wouldn't have the structure that the design of the Icon needs.
    What held me back on the Icon was not having a choice of 400d Halycon as I put my MCB inside my luggage until I get to my destination. I felt that it wouldn’t lay flat enough. It gives me great versatility to have my S19 when I need more to walk around with, or the MCB when I need less but only one personal item for travel.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    A30-halcyon/UV,, S19-black halcyon/Island, SCB-Original halcyon/Wasabi, MCB-Halycon/Wasabi, SK-black halcyon/Island, SE-Aubergine/Wasabi, LS-Aubergine Fjord, shop bags and numerous bits and bobs in as many colors as i can rationalize

Volunteer Moderator
    SF Bay area
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by sboussios View Post
    What held me back on the Icon was not having a choice of 400d Halycon as I put my MCB inside my luggage until I get to my destination. I felt that it wouldn’t lay flat enough. It gives me great versatility to have my S19 when I need more to walk around with, or the MCB when I need less but only one personal item for travel.
    If you have a chance, try to see/touch the new 630d recycled. I just rec'd an Icon in that and it reminds me of Parapack and 400d Halcyon in terms of that squish/collapsible factor
    I like all the blues and greys...and all the happy citrus colours too! My search unicorn is the Sapphire Dyneema original Small Shop Bag...

Forum Member
    Portland-ish OR
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by G42 View Post
    If you have a chance, try to see/touch the new 630d recycled. I just rec'd an Icon in that and it reminds me of Parapack and 400d Halcyon in terms of that squish/collapsible factor
    Thanks, I will give it a shot on the next availability.
    A30-halcyon/UV,, S19-black halcyon/Island, SCB-Original halcyon/Wasabi, MCB-Halycon/Wasabi, SK-black halcyon/Island, SE-Aubergine/Wasabi, LS-Aubergine Fjord, shop bags and numerous bits and bobs in as many colors as i can rationalize

Forum Member
    Bordeaux, Paris
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Another vote for Tom Binh Labs. What a terrific idea!
    I am very eager to learn details about the Trinity. But, wait, a Trinity Messenger Bag? (Be still, my beating heart!) Could this be a replacement for my dearly beloved Imago?
    Please?

TOM BIHN Crew (we work here) Darcy's Avatar
    The far west
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Updates on debut item stock:

Handy Little Thing (HLT) Size 1 and Size 2
    We’ll begin making these soon, and we expect them to be restocked by mid-late January.

Note: everyone who ordered the first production run of the HLT of either size received two Medium Swivel Double Carabiners and two Large Swivel Double Carabiners; we included both sizes (even though the HLT notes that only one pair is included; so, the second pair we included first-batch only basically a bonus pair) because we couldn’t decide which size made more sense to include with the HLT and we want your feedback on that! So, as you begin to receive your HLTs, let us know which size of Carabiners you prefer here or emailus@tombihn.com

Three sizes of Swivel Double Carabiner will be available for purchase separately in early 2020.

Pick-Up Truck
    Color Zipper Ghost Whale Organizer Pouches
    630d Ghost Whale Organizer Pouches
    P.I.K.A.
    These designs are still in-stock in at least some colors or sizes; we’ll be restocking any out of stock colors or sizes in January - February 2020 and beyond.

Shepherd’s Wool Utility Cloth
    We’ve ordered Half-Light Purple and Modern Tartan; these will be available for order around mid-January. It’s worth noting that we see these Utility Cloths as a limited offering, something fun to share around the holidays, and they likely won't be offered on an ongoing basis.

Synik 22 and Synik 30
    We’re working to keep these two in-stock as much as we can into the future.

Monster Truck
    We’re making these now at the factory; they will be stocked/available for order sometime next week. Sign up via email on the Monster Truck page to be given a head’s up on the day + times it will be restocked.

Tom’s Firewood Carrier
    We’re making these now at the factory; they will be stocked/available for order sometime next week. Sign up via email on the Firewood Carrier page to be given a head’s up on the day + times it will be restocked. Note that this is the last time Tom’s Firewood Carrier will be restocked until the holiday season of 2020.

Icon (saved for last, as it has the wordiest update; this is excerpted from this post over here)
    We’re making these now at the factory; they will be stocked/available for order sometime next week. Sign up via email on the Icon page to be given a head’s up on the day + times it will be restocked.

We’re temporarily out of our Cloud 210d ballistic due to an additional delay outside of our control on the supplier end of things. We used the remaining Cloud 210d we had in the next production run of Icons: that was enough Cloud to line two color combinations — Black 525d/Black Zippers and Black 525d/Rainbow Zippers.

That means the other color combinations of Icon — for this production run only — will be lined with 420d Steel Parapack. We have updated the color combination names on the Icon page to reflect this. For some of you, this will be exciting news; Parapack is a beautiful material, and this is the last of the Steel (save for a small remainder we’re keeping on hand just in case it’s needed for a repair). For some of you, this may be not-so-good news, because you prefer the 210d Cloud — and if that’s you, know that future production runs of the Icon in January and beyond will be made with Cloud 210d lining.

We received surprise word from our supplier this week that new colors of 525d ballistic that we ordered will arrive much sooner than expected — likely just before or after the holidays (as opposed to “sometime early next year”). That means we’ll be able to make the Icon and Monster Truck in these new colors and they should be in-stock sometime mid-January - mid-February. Our policy is not to announce new colors until we’ve actually received them and they’re at the factory, but these are close enough that we think we can share them now, especially for those of you who may want to wait to purchase an Icon or Monster Truck in the new colors in the new year.

I wish I could share photos with you of the new colors, but we don’t even have them yet! So, here’s some hopefully evocative-enough text descriptions in the meantime:

A medium blue that’s basically our 1000d Cordura French Blue.
    A brown with grey undertones; it’s a cooler tone than our 1000d Cordura Cocoa.
    A deep green that’s similar to 1000d Confier and 1050d Forest.
    And, of course, Coyote 525d, but we all knew that was coming!

While we had originally planned to transition next week’s Icon restock to pre-order, there were a variety of logistical complications with that plan, including staff vacations and timing with potential pre-orders in 2020. We’re also temporarily out of Cloud 210d (which has been delayed a couple of times already) and while we’re assured its on its way and will arrive sometime the week of the 16th, we’re not entirely comfortable taking pre-orders when we don’t actually have the fabric here at the factory.
    Have a question? @Darcy (to make sure I see it)

Current carry: testing new potential materials in the form of Original Large Shop Bags.

Forum Member
    Las Vegas
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thank you, Darcy! One vote for the Medium Swivel Double Carabiner Embarrassmentn

Forum Member
    UK
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Handy Little Thing (HLT) Size 1 and Size 2
    We’ll begin making these soon, and we expect them to be restocked by mid-late January.

Note: everyone who ordered the first production run of the HLT of either size received two Medium Swivel Double Carabiners and two Large Swivel Double Carabiners; we included both sizes (even though the HLT notes that only one pair is included; so, the second pair we included first-batch only basically a bonus pair) because we couldn’t decide which size made more sense to include with the HLT and we want your feedback on that! So, as you begin to receive your HLTs, let us know which size of Carabiners you prefer here or emailus@tombihn.com

Three sizes of Swivel Double Carabiner will be available for purchase separately in early 2020.

Pick-Up Truck
    Color Zipper Ghost Whale Organizer Pouches
    630d Ghost Whale Organizer Pouches
    P.I.K.A.
    These designs are still in-stock in at least some colors or sizes; we’ll be restocking any out of stock colors or sizes in January - February 2020 and beyond.

Shepherd’s Wool Utility Cloth
    We’ve ordered Half-Light Purple and Modern Tartan; these will be available for order around mid-January. It’s worth noting that we see these Utility Cloths as a limited offering, something fun to share around the holidays, and they likely won't be offered on an ongoing basis.

Synik 22 and Synik 30
    We’re working to keep these two in-stock as much as we can into the future.

Monster Truck
    We’re making these now at the factory; they will be stocked/available for order sometime next week. Sign up via email on the Monster Truck page to be given a head’s up on the day + times it will be restocked.

Tom’s Firewood Carrier
    We’re making these now at the factory; they will be stocked/available for order sometime next week. Sign up via email on the Firewood Carrier page to be given a head’s up on the day + times it will be restocked. Note that this is the last time Tom’s Firewood Carrier will be restocked until the holiday season of 2020.

Icon (saved for last, as it has the wordiest update; this is excerpted from this post over here)
    We’re making these now at the factory; they will be stocked/available for order sometime next week. Sign up via email on the Icon page to be given a head’s up on the day + times it will be restocked.

We’re temporarily out of our Cloud 210d ballistic due to an additional delay outside of our control on the supplier end of things. We used the remaining Cloud 210d we had in the next production run of Icons: that was enough Cloud to line two color combinations — Black 525d/Black Zippers and Black 525d/Rainbow Zippers.

That means the other color combinations of Icon — for this production run only — will be lined with 420d Steel Parapack. We have updated the color combination names on the Icon page to reflect this. For some of you, this will be exciting news; Parapack is a beautiful material, and this is the last of the Steel (save for a small remainder we’re keeping on hand just in case it’s needed for a repair). For some of you, this may be not-so-good news, because you prefer the 210d Cloud — and if that’s you, know that future production runs of the Icon in January and beyond will be made with Cloud 210d lining.

We received surprise word from our supplier this week that new colors of 525d ballistic that we ordered will arrive much sooner than expected — likely just before or after the holidays (as opposed to “sometime early next year”). That means we’ll be able to make the Icon and Monster Truck in these new colors and they should be in-stock sometime mid-January - mid-February. Our policy is not to announce new colors until we’ve actually received them and they’re at the factory, but these are close enough that we think we can share them now, especially for those of you who may want to wait to purchase an Icon or Monster Truck in the new colors in the new year.

I wish I could share photos with you of the new colors, but we don’t even have them yet! So, here’s some hopefully evocative-enough text descriptions in the meantime:

A medium blue that’s basically our 1000d Cordura French Blue.
    A brown with grey undertones; it’s a cooler tone than our 1000d Cordura Cocoa.
    A deep green that’s similar to 1000d Confier and 1050d Forest.
    And, of course, Coyote 525d, but we all knew that was coming!

While we had originally planned to transition next week’s Icon restock to pre-order, there were a variety of logistical complications with that plan, including staff vacations and timing with potential pre-orders in 2020. We’re also temporarily out of Cloud 210d (which has been delayed a couple of times already) and while we’re assured its on its way and will arrive sometime the week of the 16th, we’re not entirely comfortable taking pre-orders when we don’t actually have the fabric here at the factory.
    I need to get a job pronto so that I can BUY ALL THE THINGS in deep green 525 12/2 debut: news + stock + more
    Delighted with this news 12/2 debut: news + stock + more

Sent from my SM-T713 using Tapatalk

Volunteer Moderator
    Honolulu, HI
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Wanderlust77 View Post
    Thank you, Darcy! One vote for the Medium Swivel Double Carabiner Embarrassmentn
    @Wanderlust77,
    Is this your response to the request for votes as to which size Double Carabiner clip should be included with the HLTs? It might be helpful to also know (from those voting), which sizes of HLT you have.

Volunteer Moderator
    Honolulu, HI
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by gqb View Post
    I need to get a job pronto so that I can BUY ALL THE THINGS in deep green 525 12/2 debut: news + stock + more
    Delighted with this news 12/2 debut: news + stock + more

Sent from my SM-T713 using Tapatalk
    One often voiced thought is that said job might be at the Tom Bihn mothership.

Forum Member
    Las Vegas
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by moriond View Post
    @Wanderlust77,
    Is this your response to the request for votes as to which size Double Carabiner clip should be included with the HLTs? It might be helpful to also know (from those voting), which sizes of HLT you have.
    Sorry...yes, for the HLT. I ordered both sizes, kept the HLT1 and sent the HLT2s on their way back this morning. I tried both size clips on both sized bags and I prefer the medium for both.

Page 14 of 18 FirstFirst ... 4 12 13 14 15 16 ... LastLast