Main TOM BIHN website

emailus@tombihn.com

COMMUNITY FORUMS

Welcome! We're glad you are here. This is the place to ask for bag advice, help other people out, post reviews, and share photos and videos.

x

First, select your desired search engine:

• Google Search
  • DuckDuckGo
  • Original Forum Search Engine

User Tag List

Page 15 of 18 FirstFirst ... 5 13 14 15 16 17 ... LastLast
    Forum Member
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Darcy View Post
    A deep green thatís similar to 1000d Confier and 1050d Forest.
    Whoa, whoa, whoa. A deep green like Forest?! Maybe it was fate that I missed the Icon, after all!

Volunteer Moderator
    Honolulu, HI
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Wanderlust77 View Post
    Sorry...yes, for the HLT. I ordered both sizes, kept the HLT1 and sent the HLT2s on their way back this morning. I tried both size clips on both sized bags and I prefer the medium for both.
    ***Gasp!!!*** You sent some HLT2s back??? I have a feeling that some people are going to start refreshing that product page to check for availability.

Forum Member
    UK
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by moriond View Post
    One often voiced thought is that said job might be at the Tom Bihn mothership.
    I'm on the wrong continent right now, but if you guys need a bookkeeper/ accountant, I'm in 12/2 debut: news + stock + more

Sent from my SM-T713 using Tapatalk

Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Nice!
    I personally love the teal of the Seapine Green, and hope more items are made in it. But I believe that a conifer green will make a lot of people happy!
    ----
    All tyranny needs to gain a foothold is for people of good conscience to remain silent.
    Edmund Burke

Forum Member
    Las Vegas
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    ***Gasp!!!*** You sent some HLT2s back??? I have a feeling that some people are going to start refreshing that product page to check for availability.
    I did. I really wanted to keep them all, but only kept the Iberian HLT1 that will be a first aid kit. The HLT2s that I returned are Logic Blue, Seapine Green, the new Nebulous Grey, and Wasabi.

Boston; she/her
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by bchaplin View Post
    Nice!
    I personally love the teal of the Seapine Green, and hope more items are made in it. But I believe that a conifer green will make a lot of people happy!
    I have a feeling I'm going to have some hard decisions ahead, between Seapine and the even newer dark green that Darcy just announced!
    I have a bunch of great bags. Favorite color combos include Aubergine/Island, Navy/Solar, Forest/UV, Original Halcyon/Wasabi, Cloud/Viridian... and now also Seapine/UV!

I've fulfilled my dream of palindromic-colored nested bags! Navy/Ultraviolet Pilot with Aubergine/Island Side Effect inside: blue purple purple blue. Forest/UV A45 with Aubergine/Wasabi Co-Pilot inside: green purple purple green.

TB Ravelry Moderator Mausermama's Avatar
    Florida
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I’m already salivating at the thought of a Conifer-like green. That’s going to be a popular color!

Forum Member
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Darcy says:
    "Handy Little Thing (HLT) Size 1 and Size 2
    We’ll begin making these soon, and we expect them to be restocked by mid-late January.

Note: everyone who ordered the first production run of the HLT of either size received two Medium Swivel Double Carabiners and two Large Swivel Double Carabiners; we included both sizes (even though the HLT notes that only one pair is included; so, the second pair we included first-batch only basically a bonus pair) because we couldn’t decide which size made more sense to include with the HLT and we want your feedback on that! So, as you begin to receive your HLTs, let us know which size of Carabiners you prefer here or emailus@tombihn.com

Three sizes of Swivel Double Carabiner will be available for purchase separately in early 2020."

As you might imagine, I am delighted about the news of not only more Swivel Double Carabiners, but 3 sizes!

I got a number of them, when the were first introduced, then strictly restricted the ones in use in my EDCs' and luggage when they were discontinued.

However, the best surprise is the HLT!

Size 1 is just perfect for my minimalist note taking needs with a pen, a back up pen and a Field Note sized notebook.

Size 2 is the answer to reliable transport and storage of my refillable rolllerballs and ballpoints, with their respective refills needed for marathon postcard writing on behalf of non-profits and, people who care about animals as well as fellow humans.

It would be more suited for me, than anything else as an alternative to marginalia for non-fiction books by holding an A6 notepad which detachable pages full of notes fit between the relevant pages of paperback books, the automatic pencil, the eraser and little specialty reusable bookmarks in lieu of post its.

This second use would be perfect in UV.

I would love to see the HLT in Dawn, Aubergine and if possible Alphaviolet for my nice looking refillable rollerballs, ballpens and pencils and especially for my fountain pens.

The webbing loops as well as the overall design of the HTL are exactly what I have been looking for, to finally include a couple of fountain pens to my outings.

To me, the HLT 2 is a Medium (A6) FJN and the size 1 a mini one.

PLease move the answer to the thread if too long or not in the right place.

NYC
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by bchaplin View Post
    Nice!
    I love both and please don't make me choose which one I like more. I'm trying to figure out a budget that will allow me to buy every bag made in each of these colors.
    "Ignoring isn't the same as ignorance, you have to work at it." -- Margaret Atwood, "The Handmaid's Tale"

Forum Member
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The brown with grey undertones sounds interesting, 2020 sounds like it's going to be a good year for Tom bihn fans with trinity, sling and new colorways.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

Forum Member
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My HLT1 and 2 finally arrived today and as much as I wanted to love them I just see them working for me so they’ll likely be going back early next week. So will the Icon but I’ll definitely be keeping the PIKA. What’s surprising to me about this is I just “knew” the Icon was the bag for me and I threw in the PIKA at the last minute but really was sure it would go back. But turns out that I love it. It’s primarily purpose is going to be for walking the dog - small treats in the front pocket, glasses and gum/mints in the middle, and doggie bags in the back pocket. Phone is always in my shorts/pants pocket.

France
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Although I agree and support people's need to sometimes compare items and Tom Bihn's return policy, it's rather frustrating to those that tried but could not place serious orders if there are many returns from speculative debut purchases, especially when there was such limited stock and sold out so quickly.
    Last edited by BigBadD; 12-07-2019 at 10:30 PM.

Forum Member
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    "Our 630d fabric is a filament fabric, so it’s smooth like our 210d, 525d and 1050d ballistic, and doesn’t tend to collect pet hair or fussels. Unlike those fabrics, it’s a plain weave (a 1X1 construction as opposed to the ballistic, 2X2 or “basket weave”) and so its texture has a slightly more coarse appearance, reminiscent of 1000d Cordura."

So is it smooth or not? Because Cordura isn't smooth and unlike my Parapack FJN which spends many time on my lap, the Plum, despite being a favorite color has been assigned the task of keeping past months journal entries.

The HTLs will be mini FJN, pen case combos and will be expected to feel smooth on my laps, I know the ones in Halcyon will deliver that smooth feeling, will the 630d Recycled be smooth as well?

Please, please share your impression of the fabric.

Silicon Valley
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by BigBadD View Post
    Although I agree and support people's need to sometimes compare items and Tom Bihn's return policy, it's rather frustrating to those that tried but could not place serious orders if there are many returns from speculative purchases, especially when there was such limited stock and sold out so quickly.
    Agreed: I don't like that my "new" bags might have been shipped to and test-packed by 3 other people before they were sent to me (I'm assuming - please correct me if not). new should be factory line new.

TB should have a returns restocking fee, and for people that want to try out bags, TB could send out tester bags, and have the shipping fees refunded if they order the bag or something similar.

I realize this is probably the most unpopular post ever, but, at this point, I don't want to go off-brand by saying stuff people agree with.
    Last edited by GrussGott; 12-07-2019 at 11:08 PM.

Volunteer Moderator
    Honolulu, HI
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by BigBadD View Post
    Although I agree and support people's need to sometimes compare items and Tom Bihn's return policy, it's rather frustrating to those that tried but could not place serious orders if there are many returns from speculative debut purchases, especially when there was such limited stock and sold out so quickly.
    Hi @BigBaD,

I understand your frustration, but I believe most purchases at product debuts, as well as at other times, are serious orders and not speculative. In this community, I think that, if anything, the thought that there are other forum members who might really want some of these items but were not able to purchase them, that drives decisions of what people are willing to return. You’re correct in saying that conditions of limited availability from a variety of reasons that are not controllable drives up the pressures and frustration factor. And think about this: would you really want someone who succeeded in ordering some of the debut products, read about that and weighed that in, not to decide to do that?

Just my thoughts.

moriond

Page 15 of 18 FirstFirst ... 5 13 14 15 16 17 ... LastLast