Main TOM BIHN website

emailus@tombihn.com

COMMUNITY FORUMS

Welcome! We're glad you are here. This is the place to ask for bag advice, help other people out, post reviews, and share photos and videos.

x

First, select your desired search engine:

• Google Search
  • DuckDuckGo
  • Original Forum Search Engine

User Tag List

Page 3 of 18 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 ... LastLast
    Forum Member
    Indiana
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The Icon looks like a marriage of Side Kick and Parental Unit.

Forum Member
    Brooklyn, NY
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I love all of these things and want many of them. In addition to all these goodies, I will eventually begin awaiting a larger icon (Maxicon?) that will fit my laptop but maintain those beautiful curves.
    Last edited by cazique; 11-26-2019 at 09:39 AM.

TOM BIHN Crew (we work here) Darcy's Avatar
    The far west
    Mentioned
    59 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Here's a link to the category page with all of the new items:
    https://www.tombihn.com/collections/our-latest-designs

Quote Originally Posted by PrimalMama View Post
    The first of the pika links took me to a 404 page blaming the cat 12/2 debut: news + stock + more
    Fixed! Thank you!
    Have a question? @Darcy (to make sure I see it)

Current carry: testing new potential materials in the form of Original Large Shop Bags.

TOM BIHN Crew (we work here) Darcy's Avatar
    The far west
    Mentioned
    59 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by cazique View Post
    I love all of these things and want many of them. In addition to all these goodies, I will eventually begin awaiting a larger icon (Maxicon?) that will fit my laptop but maintain those beautiful curves.
    What size or make/model of laptop do you have?
    Have a question? @Darcy (to make sure I see it)

Current carry: testing new potential materials in the form of Original Large Shop Bags.

Forum Member
    Brooklyn, NY
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Darcy View Post
    What size or make/model of laptop do you have?
    Lenovo T480 with 14" screen - 13.03" x 8.92" x 0.72" / 331 x 226.8 x 18.45 mm. It appeared from the notes that the opening would be too narrow to get the laptop in, but maybe it could pivot in. I can get it in the Luminary 15 back pocket if I really twist it.

That said, I know not every bag is a laptop bag and this one is a beaut!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hmmm, you may claim that PIKA stands for Phone, ID, Keys, Accessories, but we know what the inspiration REALLY was…

12/2 debut: news + stock + more-pikapika-jpg

Alberta, Canada
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by cazique View Post
    I'm with you on this. A cross-body bag large enough for my laptop but with zipper closures would be FABULOUS!

That having been said, I'll likely be trying really hard to get an Icon in this order. The potential for a "I wish my Sidekick could hold one more thing so I'll take this bag instead" is so exciting!

Forum Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I didn't win an ICON but I'm pretty ok with that. I think the bag is cool but I've decided I can't really do much in the way of shoulder bags. I use a small backpack if I want to take more than phone, keys and credit cards. The P.I.K.A. looks like it is going to be kind of perfect for me. The magnetic closure vs a zipper seals the deal for me. Woot! Alarm set for Monday ordering.

@Darcy do you have the max length on the Pika strap?
    Last edited by tebnewyork; 11-26-2019 at 10:56 AM.

Forum Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    SQUEE!! Well, now I know what I want for Christmas... an Icon! I loved this description: "You’ll know whether or not the Icon is for you simply by looking at it. Does it delight you? Are you smiling? There you go." I instantly smiled the second I saw the first photo! I love that it has two zippered pockets in addition to the main compartment, and that the zippers close the "right" way (for me since I wear my cross-body bags on my right side - the external pockets on the Side Kick and Cafe Bags close with the zipper pull toward my back rather than my front, which is a little annoying). I just don't know how I'm going to decide between Seapine Green/Ultraviolet, Logic Blue/Northwest Sky, and Black/Island.

Forum Member
    Orlando, FL
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I love the look of the Icon, although I'm a bit bothered by the small off center opening for the main compartment.

Volunteer Moderator
    SF Bay area
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Boardumb View Post
    Hmmm, you may claim that PIKA stands for Phone, ID, Keys, Accessories, but we know what the inspiration REALLY was…
    Welcome to the Forums @Boardumb!

There's also the original real-life pika Smilie

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pika
    Last edited by G42; 11-26-2019 at 01:08 PM.
    I like all the blues and greys...and all the happy citrus colours too! My search unicorn is the Sapphire Dyneema original Small Shop Bag...

Alberta, Canada
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Opinions on the Seapine green fabric as seen on the Icon product page? It is reminding me of Viridian, and I can't decide if I like green enough to want it or stick with something more neutral.

Volunteer Moderator
    SF Bay area
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ClicketySnap View Post
    Opinions on the Seapine green fabric as seen on the Icon product page? It is reminding me of Viridian, and I can't decide if I like green enough to want it or stick with something more neutral.
    My opinion based on holding a PIKA in Seapine - keep in mind colour is subjective...

It's definitely darker and a more tealy green than Viridian (which is more blue) - and a deeper jewel tone. It is NOT iridescent, but it reminds me a bit of the deep green/blue you sometimes see in peacock feathers, certain beetles, etc.

In the right setting, it can function as a neutral.
    Last edited by G42; 11-26-2019 at 01:08 PM.
    I like all the blues and greys...and all the happy citrus colours too! My search unicorn is the Sapphire Dyneema original Small Shop Bag...

Forum Member
    Boulder Colorado
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Soo, that Icon.
    Much want and I thought I had it all, 12/2 now has many alarms set.
    Measurement wise it is basically a slim Makers bag, with zippers. Such lovely contrasting zippers. BUT that reduced length (9.4 in) zipper opening dashes many laptops from fitting in the main compartment. So things that easily fit in a Daylight Briefcase (DLBC) won't be admitted despite the overall dimensions.
    The aesthetics's of the bag and the two non-parallel slightly curved zippers really make it stand out.

Dimensions compared:
    Icon:13.6” (w) x 9.6” (h) x 5.3” (d) / 345 (w) x 245 (h) x 135 (d) mm
    Makers: 13.6" (w) x 10" (h) x 6.9" (d) / 345 (w) x 255 (h) x 175 (d) mm
    DLBC: 14.2" (w) x 10.2" (h) x 3.9" (d) / 360 (w) x 260 (h) x 100 (d) mm

Alberta, Canada
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by G42 View Post
    My opinion based on holding a PIKA in Seapine, keep in mind colour is subjective...

It's definitely darker and a more tealy green than Viridian (which is more blue) - and a deeper jewel tone. It is NOT iridescent, but it reminds me a bit of the deep green/blue you sometimes see in peacock feathers, certain beetles, etc.

In the right setting, it can function as a neutral.
    OOOOOH!!!! Thank you for the feedback! It sounds like it will blend in to the point of camouflage with my vintage winter coat... but that's ok with me!

Page 3 of 18 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 ... LastLast