Main TOM BIHN website

emailus@tombihn.com

COMMUNITY FORUMS

Welcome! We're glad you are here. This is the place to ask for bag advice, help other people out, post reviews, and share photos and videos.

x

First, select your desired search engine:

• Google Search
  • DuckDuckGo
  • Original Forum Search Engine

User Tag List

Page 4 of 18 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 14 ... LastLast
    Forum Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ahhhh the Icon is so cute and I love the color contrast zippers.

Basically, I could buy one of everything in this release, except the Firewood Carrier, as I already gave one to the only person I know with a fireplace. (NB to all: the Carriers sold out fast last year.) I won't, because I'm not made of $$$, but I definitely could. Even a cute buff!

Minneapolis
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    O.M.G... I know my color choices are always the most subdued, the the all black (even the logo patch!!!) Icon is calling my name.

I can spice it up with colors with the saffron utility cloth and some colored zipper Ghost Whales. Big Grin
    "I'm more of a creative problem solver with good taste and a soft spot for logistical nightmares. ― Maria Semple, Where'd You Go, Bernadette

Minneapolis, MN
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The Handy Little Thing looks amazing! Both sizes look useful for organizing the things I need in my backstage job.

Ooh! You can attach a waist strap. They could be the perfect backstage companion. I use a Sidekick as my work apron now but dont need all the space. The HLTs look perfect.
    Last edited by Rocks; 11-26-2019 at 01:12 PM.

Volunteer Moderator
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ClicketySnap View Post
    OOOOOH!!!! Thank you for the feedback! It sounds like it will blend in to the point of camouflage with my vintage winter coat... but that's ok with me!
    The way Ive been thinking about this that Logic Blue is a gift to Fjord lovers and Seapine is a gift to Forest lovers, if references to discontinued TB colors are at all useful!!

In the pics Seapine is like Viridian but in person it is darker and greener like @G42 said. Totally gorgeous.

Alberta, Canada
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Cristina View Post
    The way I’ve been thinking about this that Logic Blue is a gift to Fjord lovers and Seapine is a gift to Forest lovers, if references to discontinued TB colors are at all useful!!

In the pics Seapine is like Viridian but in person it is darker and greener like @G42 said. Totally gorgeous.
    Unfortunately I got caught up in the Tom Bihn excitement after those colors had already been retired. Mostly I'm attracted to the contrasting UV zippers... that way I'd have a non-Aubergine bag that still hints at how much I love purple!

I might put two colors in my wishlist just in case. Alarms, calendar alerts, and reminders set for debut day!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My husband has been stealing my Aeronaut 45 and Maker’s Bag for all of his recent trips, so I was just about to start shopping for new bags when I received the email about the debut.

That Icon looks great, but I will have a hard time deciding on a color.
    Tom Bihn addict since 2010: Red/Black/Steel Swift, Sapphire/Steel Small Cafe Bag, Azalea/Sapphire Medium Cafe Bag, Forest/Ultraviolet Night Flight Travel Duffle,Aubergine/Zest Aeronaut 45, Island Travel Tray, Lots of Large Shop Bags, Aubergine/Steel Maker's Bag, Plum Daylight Briefcase, Navy/Iberian Side Effect, French Blue Brain Bag, Orange 152 Field Journal Notebook, and LOTS of multicolor accessories.

Forum Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ClicketySnap View Post
    Opinions on the Seapine green fabric as seen on the Icon product page? It is reminding me of Viridian, and I can't decide if I like green enough to want it or stick with something more neutral.
    I am excited to see a new green color in the TB lineup and am also intrigued by Seapine, so I emailed customer service about sending me swatches of the new colors in 630. A big thank you to Kat for sending those out to me. I not only want to see the colors in real life but to also get to feel the new fabric. You might also want to request fabric swatches so you will know whether an Icon in Seapine is for you.
    Seeking Solar shop bags and Solar packing cube shoulder bag Spring Also coveting an Iberian Synapse or Copilot

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by G42 View Post
    Welcome to the Forums @Boardumb!

There's also the original real-life pika Smilie

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pika
    Thanks, longtime lurker. And now I need a Pika in my life as a pet Heart Eyes

So now I have a dilemma. I've been eyeing a Sidekick for a LONG time. I have a Travel Cubelet which I love, and my trusty Synik 30, but want something in between when I need more than the Cubelet but not enough to warrant carrying the Synik. Ideally a bag that also fits nicely in the Synik that can carry all my EDC necessities but be easily pulled out and used on its own when needed.

But NOW, this Icon comes along and I'm second guessing the Sidekick. The Icon seems like it would hold a lot more and possibly be an even more comfortable over the shoulder carry, but perhaps isn't as versatile as a Sidekick which you could attach different straps to and even use as a fanny pack if desired. The thing that has held me back from the Sidekick before is the worry that it might still be too small to carry all that much. I also have a Side Effect which I thought might be that perfect mid-sized companion but doesn't hold all that much (but has found a happy home being my full time dog-walking fanny pack).

Can I just like live in an unused corner of the TB warehouse? I'm clean and won't take up much room, and it would be so useful to see all these bags in person when my buying stuff finger starts to get itchy. Smilie

Forum Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Take thy money now, please. I'm thinking there will be an Icon and an HLT#2 in my future very soon.

Volunteer Moderator
    SF Bay area
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Boardumb View Post

So now I have a dilemma. I've been eyeing a Sidekick for a LONG time. I have a Travel Cubelet which I love, and my trusty Synik 30, but want something in between when I need more than the Cubelet but not enough to warrant carrying the Synik. Ideally a bag that also fits nicely in the Synik that can carry all my EDC necessities but be easily pulled out and used on its own when needed.

But NOW, this Icon comes along and I'm second guessing the Sidekick. The Icon seems like it would hold a lot more and possibly be an even more comfortable over the shoulder carry, but perhaps isn't as versatile as a Sidekick which you could attach different straps to and even use as a fanny pack if desired. The thing that has held me back from the Sidekick before is the worry that it might still be too small to carry all that much. I also have a Side Effect which I thought might be that perfect mid-sized companion but doesn't hold all that much (but has found a happy home being my full time dog-walking fanny pack).

Can I just like live in an unused corner of the TB warehouse? I'm clean and won't take up much room, and it would be so useful to see all these bags in person when my buying stuff finger starts to get itchy. Smilie
    I have Side Kicks and love 'em. They fit what I want to carry for when I want only a small bag... my Kindle paperwhite, a 16oz Nalgene bottle, tissues, etc. The Side Effect is too small for my Kindle & bottle, so I only have one and it lives on my Smart Alec as a module pocket.

I've never been able to do the Cafe bags because they are open top (under the flap & buckle) and I'm klutzy, so I figure that's a dangerous combo... so when I go up in size from the SK, I use the Daylight Briefcase (DLBC) at 8L or the Luminary 12L if I want a backpack.

At 7.2L, the new Icon is much bigger than the 3L SK, so it will depend on what you want to carry and what carry style you like.

As for sleeping in the factory, don't want to speak for TB, but I'm sure that's against zoning laws...
    But if you are in the US, you can order bags to try out in your home (be sure to read the FAQ on how to do it properly) and pay the return shipping... best way if you're really on the fence. Just be warned... testing multiple bags often means folks like them all and don't send any back!

https://www.tombihn.com/pages/contact-us/#faq38
    I like all the blues and greys...and all the happy citrus colours too! My search unicorn is the Sapphire Dyneema original Small Shop Bag...

Volunteer Moderator
    Honolulu, HI
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Boardumb View Post

Yes, the Icon carries a lot more than the Side Kick or than a Small Cafe Bag. But whats different about the Side Kick is the amount of organization built into that accessory in a small form factor. I think of the Side Kick as the bag that finally made me drastically slim down my bag carry (for the first time, I no longer bring my (retired) Little Swift everywhere (with a Side Effect inside).

The Icon has about the same outer profile as my Little Swift if you follow the sides up to match the top edge of the LS extended to the sides but it works as a unisex carry with zippers, and an adjustable shoulder strap that hugs closer to my body.

This means that everything I could carry in my Little Swift fits in the Icon main pocket that includes a Small Western Flyer Packing Cube filled with clothes and theres no way Id ever dream of trying that as the contents of my Side Kick. And that also means I can fit in an iPad (11 iPad Pro), but not really a laptop you can force an 11 MacBook Air into both an Icon and the Little Swift, as long as its the bare laptop, but its an uncomfortable fit and carry.

HTH

moriond

Forum Member
    UK
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The new designs are wonderful! Good thing Christmas is coming up....! Can I ask a quick question - apologies if this has already been asked. Do all the Icon bags have a grey lining? Or what kind of lining do they have? Just because if it's too dark inside, I can't see stuff in there, and that will help me make a decision! But I LOVE that there is a new cross body bag with a zip top. I have been hoping for a design like this for ages! Love the new colours too. You are spoiling us with this update. Big Grin
    So many bags. And I love them all.

Volunteer Moderator
    Honolulu, HI
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by G42 View Post
    I have Side Kicks and love 'em. They fit what I want to carry for when I want only a small bag... my Kindle paperwhite, a 16oz Nalgene bottle, tissues, etc. The Side Effect is too small for my Kindle & bottle, so I only have one and it lives on my Smart Alec as a module pocket.

I've never been able to do the Cafe bags because they are open top (under the flap & buckle) and I'm klutzy, so I figure that's a dangerous combo... so when I go up in size from the SK, I use the Daylight Briefcase (DLBC) at 8L or the Luminary 12L if I want a backpack.

At 7.2L, the new Icon is much bigger than the 3L SK, so it will depend on what you want to carry and what carry style you like.

As for sleeping in the factory, don't want to speak for TB, but I'm sure that's against zoning laws...
    But if you are in the US, you can order bags to try out in your home (be sure to read the FAQ on how to do it properly) and pay the return shipping... best way if you're really on the fence. Just be warned... testing multiple bags often means folks like them all and don't send any back!

https://www.tombihn.com/pages/contact-us/#faq38
    What she said. The bags are very different.

moriond

Forum Member
    austin
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    wow, what an exciting lineup! i think the icon looks super interesting, and i'm *very* excited about the PIKA -- my sister and i have always called that sort of thing a "festival purse" and i am desperately in need of one! thanks for always keeping us on our toes, TB!

Forum Member
    Boston, MA
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Question, will the HLT2 fit in the Synik 22 main compartment hooking to top o-rings?

Page 4 of 18 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 14 ... LastLast