Main TOM BIHN website

emailus@tombihn.com

COMMUNITY FORUMS

Welcome! We're glad you are here. This is the place to ask for bag advice, help other people out, post reviews, and share photos and videos.

x

First, select your desired search engine:

• Google Search
  • DuckDuckGo
  • Original Forum Search Engine

User Tag List

Page 6 of 18 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 16 ... LastLast
    NYC
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Seapine green looks gorgeous. I was never a fan of Viridian or Verde or Olive. Love Grass. And I'm falling for Seapine green. Might need to get one of each in that color.
    "Ignoring isn't the same as ignorance, you have to work at it." -- Margaret Atwood, "The Handmaid's Tale"

Forum Member
    SW Gulf Coast FL
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks, G42, just what I needed to hear! And I’ll enjoy the blog!
    One of my new boys, Bear (a blue heeler, maybe border collie mix) has been at board-and-train for two weeks, he comes back to me Friday. He’s soooo reactive and well beyond my limited training experience, but such a good boy and deserving of every chance we can give him. The rescue (Ewenity Farm Herding Dog Haven) helped me out with the cost of the training. They have been great! My other rescue, Chewie, came from Ewenity also and he’s an angel, but was covered in bacterial skin infections and so malnourished when I got him. They were both on a countdown timer for euthanasia. Chewie had two days left and Bear had less than 24 hours when the rescue pulled them from the shelters. Such good dogs, so that’s my thing I’m grateful for this Thanksgiving.

Forum Member
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by G42 View Post
    It's about 57" from the clip point on each end (so I'm including the length of the clips)
    Perfect! Many thanks.

Terry

Forum Member
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Any idea if an iPad mini will fit inside a HLT2? Thx.

TOM BIHN Crew (we work here) Darcy's Avatar
    The far west
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Traveltech View Post
    Question, will the HLT2 fit in the Synik 22 main compartment hooking to top o-rings?
    Yes... pending confirmation tomorrow. I *know* I tried this and it worked, but there's so many details flying about I want to be sure it's a good fit, and of course I left my HLT at the factory.

Quote Originally Posted by sd2102 View Post
    I'm not sure if I missed this somewhere, but what happens if you manage to get something you like in the first batch at 8 am but have to wait for the second batch at 1 pm to get something else you wanted? Do you end up paying shipping twice, or will the orders be combined?
    That's a very good question. Let me get back to you on this tomorrow. We make every effort to avoid folks having to pay a second shipping fee; @Countron actually auto-combines orders placed the same batch by the same person so they don't pay a second shipping charge. However, the split debut times complicates this.

Quote Originally Posted by AnOmegaOdyssey View Post
    I also like the HLT, will the size 2 be able to hook onto the two o-rings in the Brain Bag?
    I'll check on that tomorrow too! The Swivel Double Carabiners included with the HLT do also clip on the rail loops for the Cache.

Quote Originally Posted by Finnabair View Post
    Are these designs (specifically the Icon) going to be in production after the first of the year or is this just one-shot to get them? I’ve got new rescue dogs and they are going to be sucking up any expendable money right now (the poor guys just need so much!) but I really like that Icon. The black with the Island zippers is calling me.
    To add to what @G42 shared..... yes! We'll make sure to offer several production runs of these new items, so no one needs to feel rushed. We can't guarantee they'll all be available longer term; you guys will help us decide that Smilie

I hope you share photos of your rescue dogs! I would love to see them. My Fiona is a rescue and a Cattle Dog mix Smilie

Quote Originally Posted by logella View Post
    Any idea if an iPad mini will fit inside a HLT2? Thx.
    No, we think the iPad mini will be too tall for the HLT 2.
    Have a question? @Darcy (to make sure I see it)

Current carry: testing new potential materials in the form of Original Large Shop Bags.

Forum Member
    St. Paul, MN
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I know the HLT 1 and 2 were designed for the lower pockets of the Synik's 22 and 30, respectively. Do they fit in the Synapse 19 and 25's lower pockets?

I also really like the Seapine color! I've been waiting to pick up a Ghost Whale Pouch and I know what color I'll be choosing now. Though I'm a bit curious about Logic blue as well.
    Synapse 19 (Burnt orange/Steel) | Side Kick (Deep blue/Wasabi) | Side Effect (Nordic/Wasabi) | Travel Cubelet (Burnt orange/Northwest sky)

Forum Member
    Springfield, MA
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Definitely ordering a monster truck. Need it, love it, done.

Loving the wool cloth. I have several silk scarves i use exactly the way the wool one describes, but silk always looks a little dressy, so I'm tempted for this more casual option.

Probably also gonna end up with a color zipper GWOP just because FUN!

Forum Member
    Seattle, WA
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I am very excited about the different sizes of Trucks, as I keep a Truck in my car at all times, lol.

And in honor of the new P.I.K.A. pouch, I hope it is ok to share a silly video of the animal version with a bit of remix: https://mashable.com/video/pika-freddie-mercury-queen/

I have long been a fan of the elusive pikas that I get to see occasionally on hikes.
    "Do one thing every day that scares you." - Eleanor Roosevelt
    "Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it." -Ferris Bueller

Forum Member
    Las Vegas
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I would love to see an Aubergine Icon with Wasabi zippers...maybe in a future run...Heart Eyes

Volunteer Moderator
    SF Bay area
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ArdeaAbe View Post
    I know the HLT 1 and 2 were designed for the lower pockets of the Synik's 22 and 30, respectively. Do they fit in the Synapse 19 and 25's lower pockets?

I also really like the Seapine color! I've been waiting to pick up a Ghost Whale Pouch and I know what color I'll be choosing now. Though I'm a bit curious about Logic blue as well.
    They should fit - those pockets didn't really change from the Synapses to the Syniks.
    I have a Handy Little Thing 1 for review and it fits into the lower chin pocket of my S19.

Both the Seapine and Logic are really really nice in my view. I'm not normally a big fan of all the greens, but Seapine is really a nice deeper/jewel tone type green teal and Logic to me is just a lovely clear blue. If you saw and liked the disco'd Sitka and Fjord colours, you would probably like these.
    The GW pouches are a good way to get a good idea of the colours.
    Last edited by G42; 11-26-2019 at 08:26 PM.
    I like all the blues and greys...and all the happy citrus colours too! My search unicorn is the Sapphire Dyneema original Small Shop Bag...

Boston; she/her
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ClicketySnap View Post
    Opinions on the Seapine green fabric as seen on the Icon product page? It is reminding me of Viridian, and I can't decide if I like green enough to want it or stick with something more neutral.
    Seapine harmonizes nicely with Viridian, but it's a darker and greener color. Some of you know how much I love the retired Forest Green1; Seapine clashes with the Forest mini pouch I keep my transit pass in because Seapine is bluer, but it's a beautiful color. Seapine also looks great next to Aubergine and Burnt Orange, just like Forest does!

From left to right in this photo: an off-white scarf, a Viridian Ghost Whale pouch, an Ultraviolet zipper, a Seapine Icon. I adjusted the photo's colors until it looked right on my screen, but as always your monitor settings may vary. (The photo is blurry because for some reason blurring it made the colors look closer to the right shade!)
    12/2 debut: news + stock + more-img-4769-color-adjusted-jpg

1 The exact shade of Forest Green varied from batch to batch; some batches had more blue than others. I love all of the shades of Forest that I've seen, and now I also love Seapine. Big Grin
    I have a bunch of great bags. Favorite color combos include Aubergine/Island, Navy/Solar, Forest/UV, Original Halcyon/Wasabi, Cloud/Viridian... and now also Seapine/UV!

I've fulfilled my dream of palindromic-colored nested bags! Navy/Ultraviolet Pilot with Aubergine/Island Side Effect inside: blue purple purple blue. Forest/UV A45 with Aubergine/Wasabi Co-Pilot inside: green purple purple green.

Boston; she/her
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Boardumb View Post
    Hmmm, you may claim that PIKA stands for Phone, ID, Keys, Accessories, but we know what the inspiration REALLY was…

Attachment 23658
    I showed this to my sweetie, who replied that if anyone uses their PIKA to carry gum, that will be a PIKA-chew...

Boston; she/her
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by tress29 View Post
    The Icon looks like a marriage of Side Kick and Parental Unit.
    You're right, I hadn't thought of it that way but it does! No wonder I like the Icon so much.

The HLTs make me think of a cross between a Field Journal Notebook and a Side Effect/Side Kick, with maybe some Spiff Kit and First Aid Kit thrown in.

Forum Member
    austin
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    i am curious about the texture of the seapine and the logic, which are both gorgeous -- it sounds like they are closer to the codura -- does that mean they are more likely to "pill" delicate fabrics than the ballistic? back in the day i upgraded from a cordura SCB to a ballistic SCB for this exact reason, so i thought i'd ask to be sure! Smilie

Boston; she/her
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by bluedawg View Post
    i am curious about the texture of the seapine and the logic, which are both gorgeous -- it sounds like they are closer to the codura -- does that mean they are more likely to "pill" delicate fabrics than the ballistic? back in the day i upgraded from a cordura SCB to a ballistic SCB for this exact reason, so i thought i'd ask to be sure! Smilie
    No, they're much smoother to the touch than Cordura! I'm happy about that because they won't pick up pet hair like Cordura does. The Materials page has already been updated with the new fabric, and it says "Our 630d fabric is a filament fabric, so it’s smooth like our 210d, 525d and 1050d ballistic, and doesn’t tend to collect pet hair or fussels." (I had to ask what "fussels" meant, it was a new word for me! It means bits of lint.)
    I have a bunch of great bags. Favorite color combos include Aubergine/Island, Navy/Solar, Forest/UV, Original Halcyon/Wasabi, Cloud/Viridian... and now also Seapine/UV!

I've fulfilled my dream of palindromic-colored nested bags! Navy/Ultraviolet Pilot with Aubergine/Island Side Effect inside: blue purple purple blue. Forest/UV A45 with Aubergine/Wasabi Co-Pilot inside: green purple purple green.

Page 6 of 18 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 16 ... LastLast