Main TOM BIHN website

emailus@tombihn.com

COMMUNITY FORUMS

Welcome! We're glad you are here. This is the place to ask for bag advice, help other people out, post reviews, and share photos and videos.

x

First, select your desired search engine:

• Google Search
  • DuckDuckGo
  • Original Forum Search Engine

User Tag List

Page 7 of 18 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 17 ... LastLast
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by aedifica View Post
    I showed this to my sweetie, who replied that if anyone uses their PIKA to carry gum, that will be a PIKA-chew...
    As a new dad, I heartily approve of this very good dad joke Stick Out Tongue

Boston; she/her
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Boardumb View Post
    As a new dad, I heartily approve of this very good dad joke Stick Out Tongue
    Congratulations on your new-dad-hood!

Forum Member
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    seapine Icon Heart Eyes and *grabby hands*
    (I don't know why the nebulous gray w/Iberian zipper reminds of Star Trek: TNG, but it does. Big Grin)

Forum Member
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by moriond View Post
    And that also means I can fit in an iPad (11” iPad Pro), but not really a laptop — you can force an 11” MacBook Air into both an Icon and the Little Swift, as long as it’s the bare laptop, but it’s an uncomfortable fit and carry.
    ooh...I wonder how well my Surface Pro would fit in the Icon...hmm...

Volunteer Moderator
    Honolulu, HI
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Darcy View Post
    Yes... pending confirmation tomorrow. I *know* I tried this and it worked, but there's so many details flying about I want to be sure it's a good fit, and of course I left my HLT at the factory.
    OK, now I want to know whether people are talking about hanging the HLT2 to the inside of the Synik 22 on the side away from the laptop compartment (where the front panel of the Synik 22 is in back of where you’re hanging the HLT2; and the accessory is above the elastic pocket), or whether this is hanging the HLT2 from the o-rings at the top of the back side of the Synik 22 (where the backpack straps are on the reverse side, and where the o-rings are at the top of the bag, to either side of the horizontal zippered pocket for inserting the laptop.) (This is ‘cause I’ve tried it both ways).

Also, when you ask about clipping HLT2 to the O-rings in either position, are you asking about using the double carabiner clips, which are easy to attach to the O-rings, do you not care about how low the HLT2 hangs down from the top of the bag? Because that’s one of the consequences of doing this easy attachment. On the front side of the Synik 22, if you attach to either the webbing loops for a cache, or to the O-rings with the double carabiner clips, the HLT2 will hang down well below the top,of the elastic band for the bottom pocket. If you want to hang the HLT2 as high as possible, you can make the attachment through the webbing loops with single gatekeeper clips.

Somebody — maybe Darcy? — please define the parameters of the question.
    Quote Originally Posted by Darcy View Post
    No, we think the iPad mini will be too tall for the HLT 2.
    The HLT2 will marginally fit an iPad Mini. But this is like the answer I gave for whether the Side Effect would fit an iPad Mini when the current model SE was produced — I had to state exactly which model case iPad Mini case (from Switcheasy) I was using, the fact that I was using a 400d Halcyon SE and that this absolutely didn’t work for 1050d Ballistic Nylon SEs. In practice, I carried my iPad Mini in that S.E. till the present. I don’t have access to a Halcyon HLT2 to test this — only one In the 630d refurbished material — and my understanding is that although the first 3 generations of iPad Mini were the same size, there are small variations in the size of the later two models, and they might be very slightly larger (in the limiting direction). About the only thing I could do is take a picture (tomorrow, when there’s natural light) to show how tight the of the iPad Mini fit is — all the way to the corners of the HLT2 for the accessory that I have — so that extra close fit impacts the depth of other items (pens, etc.) that can be stored in the remaining case space. It might work better with a 200d Halcyon HLT2, but I can’t test that.

HTH

moriond

Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by thax View Post
    Dimensions compared:
    Icon:13.6” (w) x 9.6” (h) x 5.3” (d) / 345 (w) x 245 (h) x 135 (d) mm
    Makers: 13.6" (w) x 10" (h) x 6.9" (d) / 345 (w) x 255 (h) x 175 (d) mm
    DLBC: 14.2" (w) x 10.2" (h) x 3.9" (d) / 360 (w) x 260 (h) x 100 (d) mm
    Oh wow, didn't realise the Icon is that big. It's close to Maker's Bag size. Rethinking now... dammit.

Sent from my SM-N950F using Tapatalk
    Last edited by panda2mama; 11-27-2019 at 01:10 AM.

Forum Member
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    1000000% How in the world am I supposed to pass up on seapine?!??

London, UK
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    @earth5 My thoughts exactly! I feel like I got my xmas tom bihn wish with seapine, haha!
    Longing for the return of Forest/Conifer...ConiferousConiferousConiferous

Boston; she/her
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by panda2mama View Post
    Oh wow, didn't realise the Icon is that big. It's close to Maker's Bag size. Rethinking now... dammit.

The posted specs say the Icon is 7.2 liters, and the Maker's Bag is 12.5 liters, so it isn't that close!
    I have a bunch of great bags. Favorite color combos include Aubergine/Island, Navy/Solar, Forest/UV, Original Halcyon/Wasabi, Cloud/Viridian... and now also Seapine/UV!

I've fulfilled my dream of palindromic-colored nested bags! Navy/Ultraviolet Pilot with Aubergine/Island Side Effect inside: blue purple purple blue. Forest/UV A45 with Aubergine/Wasabi Co-Pilot inside: green purple purple green.

London, UK
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by kathryn View Post
    O.M.G... I know my color choices are always the most subdued, the the all black (even the logo patch!!!) Icon is calling my name.

I can spice it up with colors with the saffron utility cloth and some colored zipper Ghost Whales. Big Grin
    My little closet goth heart SQUEALED with delight when I saw the all-black-including-the-logo Icon. I don't need, but must have!! Heart Eyes
    Longing for the return of Forest/Conifer...ConiferousConiferousConiferous

Forum Member
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I stumbled back to the Forums and was treated to the news about the upcoming debut. Wow, I remember when the A30 and the NFTD debuted...really looking forward to learning more about the new items and the newer fabrics you've been using.

I may have missed this in the conversations and specs, but I poked around and didn't find measurements of the strap drop on the Icon. How long of a drop is it at its maximum?

I predict that all-black version with the stealth logo patch will be very popular!

Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by aedifica View Post
    The posted specs say the Icon is 7.2 liters, and the Maker's Bag is 12.5 liters, so it isn't that close!
    Yeah, the 7.2L volume made me think that the bag is slightly bigger than the PCSB (4.5L). But the width of this bag at 13.6" is the same as the Maker's Bag, which to me is a big bag!

Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    When will the new fabrics be used on current bags such as the Side Kick or SCB? I fancy a SK in Seapine Grass. How about the rainbow zipper? Or the black logo? Will these be used on current bags or only in the Icon? I like the new fabric colors, the colored zippers and the new label. But I'm not sure about the Icon.

Volunteer Moderator
    SF Bay area
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by panda2mama View Post
    When will the new fabrics be used on current bags such as the Side Kick or SCB? I fancy a SK in Seapine Grass. How about the rainbow zipper? Or the black logo? Will these be used on current bags or only in the Icon? I like the new fabric colors, the colored zippers and the new label. But I'm not sure about the Icon.

There's a lot of cool info in the blog announcement
    https://blog.tombihn.com/#faq

To summarize:

"Will you offer other bags in 630d 50% Recycled Nylon?
    Yes: we plan to offer more bags like the Side Effect, Side Kick, and Cafe Bags in 630d in early 2020."

No plans for the color zipper on other items for now (too much complexity)

No mention of the black stealth logo on other items
    I like all the blues and greys...and all the happy citrus colours too! My search unicorn is the Sapphire Dyneema original Small Shop Bag...

Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by G42 View Post
    "Will you offer other bags in 630d 50% Recycled Nylon?
    Yes: we plan to offer more bags like the Side Effect, Side Kick, and Cafe Bags in 630d in early 2020.
    I must have skimmed over that info. But now I'm thinking Seapine Grass SK, Logic Blue SCB. Or the other way around. Hmm....

Page 7 of 18 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 17 ... LastLast