Main TOM BIHN website

emailus@tombihn.com

COMMUNITY FORUMS

Welcome! We're glad you are here. This is the place to ask for bag advice, help other people out, post reviews, and share photos and videos.

x

First, select your desired search engine:

• Google Search
  • DuckDuckGo
  • Original Forum Search Engine

User Tag List

Page 8 of 18 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 ... LastLast
    Forum Member
    UK
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Love the sea pine colour, will wait for it to appear in some more bags before I press the button on an order to the UK though Smilie

Sent from my SM-T713 using Tapatalk

Forum Member
    SW Gulf Coast FL
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Darcy View Post
    I hope you share photos of your rescue dogs! I would love to see them. My Fiona is a rescue and a Cattle Dog mix
    Since you asked Smilie...(if thereís a more appropriate place for this, let me know).
    Chewie is the red dog, a whippet, boxer, lab mix (the rescue thought he was a border collie mix).
    Bear is the black one. Cattle dog, maybe border collie and the trainer thinks thereís some husky in there.
    And I canít figure out why the photo of Chewie comes in rotated. My first time trying to upload images.

12/2 debut: news + stock + more-a58295f9-a146-47cb-945d-15c815a28755-jpg

12/2 debut: news + stock + more-6795f628-a88b-47e0-9569-3ef8c130dbff-jpg
    Last edited by bartleby; 11-27-2019 at 08:32 AM. Reason: rotated picture

Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I love the idea of the gravity-defying all zippered up Icon. But, one nice thing about the cafe bags is when you open the top flap, it's easy to see into the bag and look around for what you want. It's also easy to fully stuff the cafe bags, squishing a pair of mittens on top for example.

For the Icon, how easy is it to see inside the bag, considering the zipper to the main compartment is not at the top?

And I'm guessing I won't be able to fully use all the real estate in the bag. I mean the "attic space", the vertical space that is above the zipper line, probably can't be used. I'm not even sure what I'm asking here, but does this generate any thoughts for anyone with the Icon?
    What's better than o-rings? More o-rings.

Forum Member
    UK
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by K9TB View Post
    I love the idea of the gravity-defying all zippered up Icon. But, one nice thing about the cafe bags is when you open the top flap, it's easy to see into the bag and look around for what you want. It's also easy to fully stuff the cafe bags, squishing a pair of mittens on top for example.

For the Icon, how easy is it to see inside the bag, considering the zipper to the main compartment is not at the top?

And I'm guessing I won't be able to fully use all the real estate in the bag. I mean the "attic space", the vertical space that is above the zipper line, probably can't be used. I'm not even sure what I'm asking here, but does this generate any thoughts for anyone with the Icon?

For what it's worth, I'm also curious about this...
    So many bags. And I love them all.

Forum Member
    Florida, US
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This is my main concern with the icon. I really like the look of the bag, but potentially not being able to functionally use all the space because of the design is super frustrating. The sidenote of "even though the dimensions fit your stuff, you may not be able to fit it in the bag because of the zipper" turned me off tbh. What's the point of having a bag with bigger dimensions if you can't fit in an item with those bigger dimensions? It's become less utilitarian for the sake of style. I was really hoping for a small cafe bag with a zipper closure on the top rather than the flap.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    Last edited by nolegrl; 11-27-2019 at 09:06 AM.

Volunteer Moderator
    SF Bay area
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by panda2mama View Post
    I must have skimmed over that info. But now I'm thinking Seapine Grass SK, Logic Blue SCB. Or the other way around. Hmm....
    Folks might have missed this in all the excitement of the new designs, but the 3 new 630 fabrics will also be available in the Travel Cubelet on the 2nd.
    Smilie
    I like all the blues and greys...and all the happy citrus colours too! My search unicorn is the Sapphire Dyneema original Small Shop Bag...

Forum Member
    Orlando, FL
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm also a little turned off by the lack of a zipper across the top of the Icon that opens it up wide so you can easily see in and stuff it full.

Volunteer Moderator
    SF Bay area
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Finnabair View Post
    Since you asked Smilie...(if there’s a more appropriate place for this, let me know).
    Chewie is the red dog, a whippet, boxer, lab mix (the rescue thought he was a border collie mix).
    Bear is the black one. Cattle dog, maybe border collie and the trainer thinks there’s some husky in there.
    And I can’t figure out why the photo of Chewie comes in rotated. My first time trying to upload images.
    Your post is fine where it is, since it's a continuation of the conversation

But if you want to share more happy pup photos, there's also a whole thread devoted to Forum pets Smilie

https://forums.tombihn.com/not-about...ght=forum+pets
    I like all the blues and greys...and all the happy citrus colours too! My search unicorn is the Sapphire Dyneema original Small Shop Bag...

TOM BIHN Crew (we work here) Darcy's Avatar
    The far west
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by sd2102 View Post
    I'm not sure if I missed this somewhere, but what happens if you manage to get something you like in the first batch at 8 am but have to wait for the second batch at 1 pm to get something else you wanted? Do you end up paying shipping twice, or will the orders be combined?
    To be perfectly honest: somehow, none of us thought of this possibility when we originally discussed splitting the 12/2 debut, so thank you for asking this question. It wasnít an issue when we split the Synik restock because there was just the Synik to order, but this debut is different because thereís so many individual items.

And since you asked your question, weíve been brainstorming solutions to this potential issue. As I mentioned previously, our goal is to avoid people having to pay multiple shipping charges ó to the extent that @Countron is programmed to recognize orders by the same people in the same batch and automatically combine then/remove a shipping charge.

The best solution we can think of is this:

If you place an order the morning of 12/2 and items that you had planned to order sell out before you can order then, and you plan to place an additional order after 1:00pm, please emailus@tombihn.com as soon as possible and let us know thatís what youíll be doing. We will hold your first order and combine it with the order received after 1:00pm, then ship them together as one order on 12/3.

Unless we think of something else, this probably means we canít split multiple-item-debuts in the future.

Iím sorry in advance for any hassles this causes. I really wish we had thought of this before!
    Current Carry: The Hero's Journey, Skookum Dog Citizen Canine, Founder's Briefcase, Synapse 19 (day hikes), Guide's Pack (longer day hikes), Yeoman Duffel (winter/emergency stuff for the car), Aeronaut 30 (travel), Night Flight Travel Duffel (camera bag), Moveable Feast + Shop Bags (food)

Forum Member
    Boston, MA
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Really want that rainbow zipper on a Sidekick!! Love the look of it on the icon, but I have the same “attic space” concerns at @K9TB

Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Can anyone tell me if this is a Synik 22 or a 30 and if it's a HLT size 1 or 2 in these pics from the HLT product page? I'm still really leaning towards the larger size but I'm really curious how it fits in a Synik 30 in the upper interior spot.

Edit: Nevermind, I see now that if you choose the size 2 HLT the pictures change, which would make these pics the HLT 1.

12/2 debut: news + stock + more-hlt-1-23_1024x1024-jpg

12/2 debut: news + stock + more-hlt-1-20-jpg
    Last edited by Boardumb; 11-27-2019 at 10:30 AM.

Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by BWeaves View Post
    I really want to know your pros and cons on the Icon. I like the look of the bag, but I'm a little turned off by the main zipper position.
    Here are my first impressions (after just a couple of hours): I think it is a wonderful, versatile bag (and a beauty!). Maybe not for carrying laptops but hey, there is live beyond electronic devices :)

The biggest concern seems to be the zipper position and thus I took a couple of shots to illuminate this a little. Please excuse the horrible light it is already dark around here in Old Europe...

As you can see, the main zipper is not on top but it sits very high on the bag and thus the "attic" is not very large and there is not much space that is above the zipper.

12/2 debut: news + stock + more-icon-1-jpg

To illustrate how bigger items behave I took two books from my shelf which are a little higher than the zipper position (Dimension of books 15.3 x 23.4 x 4.7 cm / 6 x 9.2 x 1.9 inch):

12/2 debut: news + stock + more-icon-2-jpg

You can slide them easily in the bag as the zipper opens wide.

12/2 debut: news + stock + more-icon-3-jpg

And they fit easily in the bag. It is also no problem to rotate them and store them in landscape format (not shown).

12/2 debut: news + stock + more-icon-4-jpg

I hope that answers the most pressing zipper questions. A more in depth review will follow but I need some more time to further explore the bag.
    Last edited by bartleby; 11-27-2019 at 10:42 AM.
    ...spread joy in your neighbourhood Smilie Rainbow Cheers
    current bags: Smart Alec, Guide's Pack, Guide's Edition S25, Luminary 15, Daylight Backpack, Aeronaut 45, Tri-Star, Road Buddy 36, Daylight Briefcase, Small Yeoman Duffel, bits and pieces

Boston; she/her
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It will depend on what shape of things you put in the Icon. Right now mine has all the stuff I'd normally put in a Side Kick (divided between the front small zipped pocket, the pockets on the walls of the main compartment, and the bottom of the main compartment) plus a HLT1 and a Medium YSS with my current knitting project. The HLT and YSS fill out the Icon from front to back enough that the "attic" flattens out, so that space isn't lost after all. If you mostly carry narrow tall things in it, then the "attic" space might be more of an issue. (And as you can guess, with the HLT and YSS in the way it is hard for me to see the stuff at the bottom! But the rest of the time I've had no trouble seeing in.)

You can see here how it flattens out with that load. The zipper still isn't quite at the top, but there's no lost space at the top anymore:
    12/2 debut: news + stock + more-img-4785-cropped-jpg
    Last edited by aedifica; 11-27-2019 at 10:55 AM.
    I have a bunch of great bags. Favorite color combos include Aubergine/Island, Navy/Solar, Forest/UV, Original Halcyon/Wasabi, Cloud/Viridian... and now also Seapine/UV!

I've fulfilled my dream of palindromic-colored nested bags! Navy/Ultraviolet Pilot with Aubergine/Island Side Effect inside: blue purple purple blue. Forest/UV A45 with Aubergine/Wasabi Co-Pilot inside: green purple purple green.

Forum Member
    30.7 miles south of the TB mothership
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm really excited about the ICON. The only thing that could make it better would be a vertical orientation, but that's just a preference. The ICON will solve my problem of wanting to bring a knitting project, but not a second bag. Heart Eyes

I know I'll choose black, but the colors are mighty tempting.

Forum Member
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Whoever wrote the ICON description knows me too well -- Does it delight you? Why, yes, it does. I was not looking for a new bag, but now I am. And after using the Maker's Bag as my EDC since it came out, I can say that having something with a similar profile and less volume would be handy.

Page 8 of 18 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 ... LastLast