Main TOM BIHN website

emailus@tombihn.com

COMMUNITY FORUMS

Welcome! We're glad you are here. This is the place to ask for bag advice, help other people out, post reviews, and share photos and videos.

x

First, select your desired search engine:

• Google Search
  • DuckDuckGo
  • Original Forum Search Engine

User Tag List

Page 1 of 18 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast
    TOM BIHN Crew (we work here) Darcy's Avatar
    The far west
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

12/2 debut: news + stock + more

The Details...

Our next debut will be on Monday, December 2nd, as is tradition. The items debuting will be in-stock and ready to ship; the short timeline doesn't allow us to take pre-orders and guarantee they'd be able to ship for delivery by or on December 24th.

Icon
    P.I.K.A.
    Handy Little Thing (HLT) Pouch
    Shepherd's Wool Utility Cloth
    Pick-Up Truck
    Monster Truck
    Color Zipper Ghost Whale Organizer Pouches
    630d Recycled Ghost Whale Organizer Pouches
    Travel Cubelet in 630d 50% Recycled Nylon
    Tom's Firewood Carrier

Additionally, the Synik 22 and Synik 30 will be restocked; the Synik 30 will be available in the wildcard Steel Parapack/Navy Parapack combination, and it won't be made again.

First 1/2 of the debut will be stocked on Monday, December 2nd at 8:00am Pacific Time
    Second 1/2 of the debut will be stocked on Monday, December 2nd at 1:00pm Pacific Time

A note on quantities

We haven't been able to make quite as many of some of the debut items as we would have liked, mostly due to some delays in receiving materials. We've made a good amount, but depending on what you guys think of what we've made, we may not have made enough. We'll just have to see.

And if that's the case -- if a bag is popular or sells out -- we try to be ready to make second production runs and restock them before 12/13 (last day for UPS Ground shipping guaranteed delivery by or on 12/24) but even that is up in the air for some of the items because we're waiting for additional materials. We will do our best to update this thread with news as we have it on 12/2 and beyond.

Know this: if an item sells out, we will be able to make more in December (even if it's late December) or into January and February. So, there's no missing out, at least for the near future.

Will these designs continue to be available beyond early 2020?

Here's where things are getting interesting: our production capacity will likely remain stable, and yet Tom and Nik are designing tons of new bags. Big bags, small bags, all kinds of bags. And we're bringing in more fabrics, more colors, trying new stuff. It's a lot of fun. And at the same time, we already make a large variety of colors, fabrics, and designs for a company our size.

We of course saw this coming, and have implemented various efforts to help us manage this. One of those efforts was the pre-order system; that system allows us to semi-retire some designs and bring them back for occasional pre-order production runs (if our data indicates it's worth the production time to do so and we have the materials necessary).

Anyway, this is all to say: the 12/2 debuts will be available at least into early 2020 and possibly beyond. And at some point in 2020, it is likely we will retire or semi-retire some designs to make way for new designs that will be coming. We'll give plenty of heads-up before retiring any designs.
    Last edited by Darcy; 11-26-2019 at 01:15 PM. Reason: Giveaway over!
    Current Carry: The Hero's Journey, Skookum Dog Citizen Canine, Founder's Briefcase, Synapse 19 (day hikes), Guide's Pack (longer day hikes), Yeoman Duffel (winter/emergency stuff for the car), Aeronaut 30 (travel), Night Flight Travel Duffel (camera bag), Moveable Feast + Shop Bags (food)

Silicon Valley
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Darcy View Post
    Ultimately, we think the chances are that it'll be enough fun that it's worth trying this ... Our hope is that even those who aren’t selected by @Countron to get a bag will be glad for the person who did get one.
    If I don't win, I'm burning down my house.

No pressure, @Countron.

Boston; she/her
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by GrussGott View Post

No pressure, @Countron.
    So you can buy debut items with the insurance money? I'm not sure that will work out well, but you do you. Big Grin

Forum Member
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The Details...

You either really love color, or you really love all, total black.
    Is this a subtle hint? Could it be something reversible (black/bright)?

I know you're not going to spill the beans, and that's highly speculative, but, I can't wait, I KNOW whatever it is will be WONDERFUL.

I just love everything about TB. thanks for doing this, and good luck to all who enter 12/2 debut: news + stock + more

Sent from my moto x4 using Tapatalk

Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Best idea ever!!! <3 you guys (and gals)

Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I was hoping the debut item was going to be a 35L travel bag, but still interested in the new bag....hopefully it has a zipper closure instead of the flap that the cafe bags have.

Forum Member
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The anticipation begins! I think the lineup we currently have is good. The introduction of different colors and combinations gives us enough variety that someone will find a bag suited for themselves or others. Thanks for the giveaway and good luck everyone!

Behind a loose wall panel in the back of the TOM BIHN warehouse
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by GrussGott View Post

No pressure, @Countron.
    I have been programmed by Nik with Isaac Asimov's "Three Laws of Robotics"

1. A robot may not injure a human being or, through inaction, allow a human being to come to harm.
    2. A robot must obey the orders given it by human beings except where such orders would conflict with the First Law.
    3. A robot must protect its own existence as long as such protection does not conflict with the First or Second Laws.

There is nothing in these laws about property damage. There is also nothing in these laws about a sense of humor.

TOM BIHN Crew (we work here) Darcy's Avatar
    The far west
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by PrimalMama View Post
    Is this a subtle hint? Could it be something reversible (black/bright)?

I know you're not going to spill the beans, and that's highly speculative, but, I can't wait, I KNOW whatever it is will be WONDERFUL.

I just love everything about TB. thanks for doing this, and good luck to all who enter 12/2 debut: news + stock + more
    It is a hint in a way, and reversible is a clever guess, but that's not it! What it is is... something we're experimenting with, and I think it would be impossible to guess it. You will have to tell us what you think once you see it!

Quote Originally Posted by loz33k View Post
    I was hoping the debut item was going to be a 35L travel bag, but still interested in the new bag....hopefully it has a zipper closure instead of the flap that the cafe bags have.
    I think the pages are going up soon enough that I can offer a few more hints, at least for folks who were hoping for a particular bag that might not be part of this debut. This time around, there are eight items debuting; none are large bags, briefcases, or backpacks. One is designed to work well with the Synik and is inspired by a bag hack originally shared here on the Forums, but works with any other bag too. A few are new takes on currently offered designs. And there's lots of color. And I think you'll be happy about the closure. Smilie (OK, that's it for the hints. No more!)
    Current Carry: The Hero's Journey, Skookum Dog Citizen Canine, Founder's Briefcase, Synapse 19 (day hikes), Guide's Pack (longer day hikes), Yeoman Duffel (winter/emergency stuff for the car), Aeronaut 30 (travel), Night Flight Travel Duffel (camera bag), Moveable Feast + Shop Bags (food)

Forum Member
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Entered for giveaway. Good luck to all that enter.
    Bigs: S25 | A30 | PILOT | SA | L15
    Littles: SC | 3DOC | TC | PP | N4 | WFPC

Volunteer Moderator
    SF Bay area
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by loz33k View Post
    Welcome to the Forums @loz33k!

Even though there's no large bag in this debut, hopefully you'll enjoy the Forum and our excitement about the new items.
    I like all the blues and greys...and all the happy citrus colours too! My search unicorn is the Sapphire Dyneema original Small Shop Bag...

Forum Member
    Portland-ish OR
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    So excited to see what is coming next! You guys always have the best ideas!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    A30-halcyon/UV,, S19-black halcyon/Island, SCB-Original halcyon/Wasabi, MCB-Halycon/Wasabi, SK-black halcyon/Island, SE-Aubergine/Wasabi, LS-Aubergine Fjord, shop bags and numerous bits and bobs in as many colors as i can rationalize

Norway
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I hope the one for the Synik is a small pouch/pocket designed to hang from the loops on the inside above the banded open-top pocket. That would be terrific.

Forum Member
    NC Appalachians
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Pahs View Post
    I hope the one for the Synik is a small pouch/pocket designed to hang from the loops on the inside above the banded open-top pocket. That would be terrific.
    A 3D organizer cube attached with 2 gate keepers fits in that spot perfectly. The hack isn't my idea, and there are photos of this around the forums. (I'd share those but I'm forum-search-engine deficient.) Brilliant idea!

Forum Member
    NC Appalachians
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We continually debate whether to do this kind of spontaneous fun thing because:
    Pro = It's fun and someone will win!
    Con = Because we’re only able to give away one bag total, the majority of people won’t be able to get a bag and some people might feel left out (even though the computer will be choosing who gets the bags!)

Ultimately, we think the chances are that it'll be enough fun that it's worth trying this, and a chance is better than no chance! If you have feedback for us about this, or how it works, let us know here... Our hope is that even those who aren’t selected by @Countron to get a bag will be glad for the person who did get one.
    Okay, I'm old school and grew up before the days of participation trophies, but there's nothing wrong with one person winning a fair fight... eh hem, I meant GIVEAWAY. If someone gets their feelings hurt because a randomly generated program didn't pick them, therapy may be in order. Smilie Just my two cents. And to those of you who have shelves proudly lined with participation trophies, I mean no offense. If you've got 'em, let them shine! Big Grin

Page 1 of 18 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast