Main TOM BIHN website

emailus@tombihn.com

COMMUNITY FORUMS

Welcome! We're glad you are here. This is the place to ask for bag advice, help other people out, post reviews, and share photos and videos.

x

First, select your desired search engine:

• Google Search
  • DuckDuckGo
  • Original Forum Search Engine

User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    -5 GMT EST/EDT
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Question on new color Logic Blue

I've seen a couple of different photos of logic blue, in one photo it appears close to Veridian, in another closer to Island. Could one of the moderator who have an item of this color describe it please?
    Proud owner of: Pop Tote in cloud, Aeronaut 30 in steel/iberian, Travel Cubelet in Dawn, Travel Cubelet in Nebulous Grey , SE in steel parapack, SSB in black halcyon, Pilot in steel dyneema/steel, , Truck in Nebulous Gray, Pickup Truck in Mars Red Small Zipped shop bag in black, Small Zipped shop bag in Dawn numerous pouches, 3D cubes, Q kits and straps, Cubelets and Ghost Whales!

Volunteer Moderator
    SF Bay area
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by sturbridge View Post
    I've seen a couple of different photos of logic blue, in one photo it appears close to Veridian, in another closer to Island. Could one of the moderator who have an item of this color describe it please?
    light and refreshing? happy yet peaceful? Smilie
    I really like this blue - a very clean and clear colour

I'm fresh out of daylight, but I'll be able to post some comparisons of the blues & greens tomorrow... some of the other Mods may have their bags in transit still, but I'm sure folks will post once they can.

ETA: out of all the TB blue items I have, it's closest (to my eyes) to Fjord only without the white lines of course...it bit lighter and still different though
    Last edited by G42; 11-26-2019 at 06:24 PM.
    I like all the blues and greys...and all the happy citrus colours too! My search unicorn is the Sapphire Dyneema original Small Shop Bag...

Boston; she/her
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    @sturbridge, it's very close to Island 210 Ballistic--in fact when I first saw the color I suggested Peninsula as a name (because it's not quite Island Smilie ) When I have Island and Logic side by side I can easily tell the difference, but looking at a Logic Blue item without any Island nearby, I forgot it wasn't Island. But @G42 is right that Logic does have more of that gray-blue tint to it that Fjord has--I hadn't thought about it that way.

Volunteer Moderator
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I see Logic Blue as being similar to Fjord in that it has a touch of grey and green in it (not much, still definitely blue). I’m expecting a box from TB later today so I hope I can post some Fjord/Island/Logic Blue comparison pics later.

Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Here are some preliminary shots of the Handy Little Thing 1 in Logic Blue compared to a Handy Little Thing 2 in Island Halcyon. I added a Seapine Grean Mini Ghost Whale to represent that color too. To me Logic Blue is close to turquoise i.e. a litte more greenish and less brilliant blue compared to Island. Seapine Green is a rather sober and dark green it reminds me of ivy leaves.

Question on new color Logic Blue-img_0604-jpeg

Question on new color Logic Blue-img_0605-jpg
    ...spread joy in your neighbourhood Smilie Rainbow Cheers
    current bags: Smart Alec, Guide's Pack, Guide's Edition S25, Luminary 15, Daylight Backpack, Aeronaut 45, Tri-Star, Road Buddy 36, Daylight Briefcase, Small Yeoman Duffel, bits and pieces

Volunteer Moderator
    Honolulu, HI
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    @sturbridge, This is my best attempt at my Icon in Logic BlueQuestion on new color Logic Blue-e7c19d59-67d2-4981-9c9d-975405062c28-jpeg

It’s hard to get the lovely grey tone right. There’s actually a hint more green to the color. Almost all pictures I’ve seen posted with color comparisons, including even the lovely pictures @bartleby showed above, fail to get enough hint of green in the picture — like in all those problematic pictures of azure. I had to manually override the color balance with automatic white balance setting on my iPhone camera app to set the color temperature for that bag. And this means that when I put other bags/colors in the same picture their colors look off.

HTH

moriond
    Last edited by moriond; 11-27-2019 at 12:48 PM.

Volunteer Moderator
    SF Bay area
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    here's some more attempts at the Logic Blue:

Fjord Dyneema/halcyon next to Logic Blue
    Question on new color Logic Blue-img_20191127_132517-jpg

Logic Blue HLT1
    Question on new color Logic Blue-img_20191127_143001-jpg

and Seapine Green P.I.K.A. next to Forest (I think) Cordura and Sitka Dyneema/halcyon

Question on new color Logic Blue-img_20191127_132324-jpg

We just had our first winter storm of the season in the Bay area (yeah! free water from the sky) so the lighting isn't great and as the other Mods have mentioned, these are hard to photograph
    I like all the blues and greys...and all the happy citrus colours too! My search unicorn is the Sapphire Dyneema original Small Shop Bag...

Forum Member
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by G42 View Post
    and Seapine Green P.I.K.A. next to Forest (I think) Cordura and Sitka Dyneema/halcyon
    Thank you for the blue and green color comparisons. Very helpful indeed.

Fyi, if it's cordura, then it's Conifer. Forest is ballistic.
    Seeking Solar shop bags and Solar packing cube shoulder bag Spring Also coveting an Iberian Synapse or Copilot

Volunteer Moderator
    SF Bay area
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by pammy View Post

Fyi, if it's cordura, then it's Conifer. Forest is ballistic.
    Thanks!
    I get the old disco'd ones confused since they were before I found TB... by feel it's Conifer then.

Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks so much! I discounted this color at first because it seemed liked a pastel-ish color, but if it's close to Fjord or even has some of those qualities I'm very interested in trying it. FWIW, I love Fjord but can't stand Island. I wish I understood more about what makes me like and hate certain colors, and with blues it's one or the other, with no middle ground. Would love to see how it looks next to Deep Blue and next to Aubergine.
    ----
    All tyranny needs to gain a foothold is for people of good conscience to remain silent.
    Edmund Burke

-5 GMT EST/EDT
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I wish I understood more about what makes me like and hate certain colors,
    For me, I like my blues with grey or purple undertones (lavender not red purple) and often a little green as well. So I love Dawn and like Veridian but Island just doesn't do it for me. I like most of my colors with grey undertones, but then I surprisingly also LOVED LOVED Kiwi (but not Wasabi).
    Proud owner of: Pop Tote in cloud, Aeronaut 30 in steel/iberian, Travel Cubelet in Dawn, Travel Cubelet in Nebulous Grey , SE in steel parapack, SSB in black halcyon, Pilot in steel dyneema/steel, , Truck in Nebulous Gray, Pickup Truck in Mars Red Small Zipped shop bag in black, Small Zipped shop bag in Dawn numerous pouches, 3D cubes, Q kits and straps, Cubelets and Ghost Whales!

Volunteer Moderator
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Apologies for cross posting but this might be useful. I just put this photo in the “your photos are needed” thread.

Logic Blue is very close to Fjord.

Quote Originally Posted by Cristina View Post
    The Icon.

Logic Blue Icon, Fjord PCSB, Island Key Strap, Viridian Large Shop Bag.

Volunteer Moderator
    SF Bay area
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by bchaplin View Post
    Thanks so much! I discounted this color at first because it seemed liked a pastel-ish color, but if it's close to Fjord or even has some of those qualities I'm very interested in trying it. FWIW, I love Fjord but can't stand Island. I wish I understood more about what makes me like and hate certain colors, and with blues it's one or the other, with no middle ground. Would love to see how it looks next to Deep Blue and next to Aubergine.
    For me, I like my blues with grey or purple undertones (lavender not red purple) and often a little green as well. So I love Dawn and like Veridian but Island just doesn't do it for me. I like most of my colors with grey undertones, but then I surprisingly also LOVED LOVED Kiwi (but not Wasabi).
    I also think the new Logic Blue is closer to Fjord than either Island fabric...

To my eyes, it has grey/black undertones to it, so I feel it's in the family with Nebulous and Dawn, though brighter of course.

Volunteer Moderator
    Honolulu, HI
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

@bchaplin,

Fjord’s my favorite, but I can’t say that I detest Island — especially when I keep carrying around the early prototype Truck I tested in that color (slightly smaller than the final dimensions, and I was one of the people who asked for sizing adjustments) because I really like having this design in Halcyon! I like Island Halcyon with Original Halcyon. But it’s true that I would always choose Dawn as the lining of my Nebulous Grey Synik 22 or Luminary over Island. And I do think that the darker and very saturated color of Seapine is a great accent against Dawn, so the HLT1 for my Synik 22 is Seapine.

I wanted to try the new 630d material in a larger bag, and you’re right in saying that Logic Blue works well with navies — especially the darker navy tones of Deep Blue and Parapack Navy. I have a number of navy coats, and my Uniqlo Ultralight Down jacket is navy, so that’s a factor. Both Logic Blue and Seapine (and Nebulous Grey, for that matter) go well with Aubergine (though you might ask @aedifica how she finds the ultraviolet zipper accents go with an Aubergine bag, or if it’s even noticeable). And if they ever bring back Solar (please!) that color totally rocks with Logic Blue (see my picture of my Solar 200d Halcyon Side Effect with my Logic Blue Icon, post #3 in the Marsupial Icon? https://forums.tombihn.com/general-b...tml#post184076 thread

(Another long-standing plea that hasn’t had much success on either count is to bring back Side Effects made both in Parapack and 200d Halcyon).

One more comment about the “hand” of the 630d materials. This feels different to the touch than the 210d Ballistic materials, a bit like Parapack, but in the smaller HLT 1, I think I like the feel more than Parapack. It’s likely that in the Icon the 630d material gives a slightly more pliable feel than, say, 525d Ballistic Nylon.

Now, one of the things I like about the Icon in comparison to the Cafe Bags is its ability to stand up. And it might be that the 525d ballistic nylon versions enforce that — the samples are limited, so none of us have any opportunity to check that (maybe someone who lives near the mothership can try things out). But I’m pretty sure that the 525d Ballistic Nylon versions of the Icon will also carry well based on my experience with different materials in the cafe bags and Little Swift (from Cordura and 400d Halcyon to Hemp and 1050d Ballistic Nylon), so if there’s anyone who really wants a 525d Ballistic Nylon option — whether it’s because you want to get Alphaviolet before it retires, you like the all black stealth version, or whether you’re a Mars Red fan (since I saw @mamaknitter’s -- sorry, that's the Ravelry handle; on the TB forums she's @mausermama -- Mars Red Icon with Northwest Sky zippers, and I think it’s really nice) — I’d say “Have at it!”

HTH,

moriond
    Last edited by moriond; 11-29-2019 at 10:58 AM.

Boston; she/her
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by moriond View Post
    Both Logic Blue and Seapine (and Nebulous Grey, for that matter) go well with Aubergine (though you might ask @aedifica how she finds the ultraviolet zipper accents go with an Aubergine bag, or if it’s even noticeable).
    If I put my Seapine/UV Icon's UV zippers right up against an Aubergine bag, I don't like those two purples together, but if I'm just carrying the Icon with an Aubergine bag I don't notice a problem with the two purples. Your color sensitivities may vary, though.
    I have a bunch of great bags. Favorite color combos include Aubergine/Island, Navy/Solar, Forest/UV, Original Halcyon/Wasabi, Cloud/Viridian... and now also Seapine/UV!

I've fulfilled my dream of palindromic-colored nested bags! Navy/Ultraviolet Pilot with Aubergine/Island Side Effect inside: blue purple purple blue. Forest/UV A45 with Aubergine/Wasabi Co-Pilot inside: green purple purple green.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast