Main TOM BIHN website

emailus@tombihn.com

COMMUNITY FORUMS

Welcome! We're glad you are here. This is the place to ask for bag advice, help other people out, post reviews, and share photos and videos.

x

First, select your desired search engine:

• Google Search
  • DuckDuckGo
  • Original Forum Search Engine

User Tag List

Forum Member
    UK
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Marsupialising with the Pika

Would love to hear testers' experiences of how the Pika fits inside other TB bags. Pictures would be a bonus Smilie
    Can you fit the Pika into the open top pocket on the back of a small cafe bag?
    Does the Pika fit in the chin pocket of the Synapse 19 or Synik 22?
    How about in the front pockets of the Pilot?
    Top pocket inside the Daylight Backpack?
    Etc etc

Thanks for all your observations so far

Sent from my SM-T713 using Tapatalk

Volunteer Moderator
    Honolulu, HI
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by gqb View Post
    Would love to hear testers' experiences of how the Pika fits inside other TB bags. Pictures would be a bonus Smilie
    Can you fit the Pika into the open top pocket on the back of a small cafe bag?
    Does the Pika fit in the chin pocket of the Synapse 19 or Synik 22?
    How about in the front pockets of the Pilot?
    Top pocket inside the Daylight Backpack?
    Etc etc

Thanks for all your observations so far

Hi @gqb,

The PIKA just fits into an A5 Ghost Whale Pouch, so the basic answer is, if you can fit that pouch in some place, you can fit the PIKA there.

I'll upload one of my pictures (no specially for the PIKA) that shows some reference items:

Marsupialising with the Pika-img_4583-jpg

I'll just name some of the items shown in the picture: from left to right Small Cafe Bag Freudian Slip in Cloud holding Field Notes Notebook (basically the same size as a standard Passport), Medium Cafe Bag Freudian Slip in Grass holding a Kindle Paperwhite and BOSE QC 20 noise-cancelling earbuds in lower two mesh pockets, Travel Cubelet in Northwest Sky just above the PIKA in Ultraviolet Halcyon, with Passport on top of front zippered pocket for scale, all lying on top of one of the new A5 Ghost Whale Organizer Pouches with Island Zipper -- you can just zip the PIKA into that pouch. To the right are the Field Journal Notebook Pocket Insert (now retired, but we used these as Mini Freudian Sliplets in the Daylight Briefcase and other bags, and above that is the older Standard Passport Pouch In Northwest Sky.

So, the PIKA will fit into places where approximately an A5 Notebook will fit.

Yes, it will fit into a Small Cafe Bag, and definitely anything larger than a Medium Organizer Pouch, which is larger than the A5 Ghost Whale Pouch.

That means it will fit into the chin pocket of the Synapse 25 (which will hold a Packing Cube Shoulder Bag, whose front diagonal pocket can be stiffened by inserting a Medium Organizer Pouch)

It won't fit into the chin pocket of a Synapse 19, and it will fit into the front pockets of the Pilot, but protrude sligthly against the mesh of the water bottle pocket.

In the Daylight Briefcase you can pull it out easily from the top main compartment that holds laptops (and into which we inserted the FJN pocket inserts as mini Freudian Slips, instead of the Small Cafe Bag Freudian Slip, which also fit there.)

Yes, it fits into the top pocket of the Daylight Backpack -- again, if you look in The new Freudian Slip colors thread, you'll see in the second picture of the first post, one organizational scheme is to put a Small Cafe Bag Freudian Slip in the top pocket, and a Medium Cafe Bag Freudian Slip in the next pocket, so you'll get a feeling for how that fits (the bottom of the "V" crossing the two parts at the top sits about one Halcyon square above the elastic in the top pocket). I believe @G42 may have some pictures. up.

HTH

moriond

ETA: Another referent that you can use for relative sizes are the pictures in my post in the old Kindle Voyage thread. The outline of the old Kindle Pouch with its slight taper at the bottom exactly matches the outline of the PIKA, so you can see that it's smaller than a Medium Organizer Pouch. You can also see from the reference images that you can't fit an iPad Mini into the center pocket of the PIKA, since I showed an iPad Mini overlying the old Kindle Pouch -- well, because you don't have sewn piping around the side, you have a little more leeway to force a naked iPad Mini into the PIKA, but you really have to force it down, and it's not a happy fit. This also means that everywhere that I could put that old Kindle pouch, I could put the PIKA. One of those places that I used to be able to use has changed: if you have a Synapse with the new water bottle pocket design (since about the end of February, the e mesh has been sewn against a central seam instead of using a rectangular shape to the compartment), the PIKA wont easily get stored there, whereas I can still put it into the water bottle pocket of my first production batch Synapse (when there was only the smaller size), and any model Synapse up until the change.
    Last edited by moriond; 11-29-2019 at 09:37 PM.

Forum Member
    UK
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by moriond View Post
    Hi @gqb,

The PIKA just fits into an A5 Ghost Whale Pouch, so the basic answer is, if you can fit that pouch in some place, you can fit the PIKA there.

I'll upload one of my pictures (no specially for the PIKA) that shows some reference items:

Marsupialising with the Pika-img_4583-jpg

I'll just name some of the items shown in the picture: from left to right Small Cafe Bag Freudian Slip in Cloud holding Field Notes Notebook (basically the same size as a standard Passport), Medium Cafe Bag Freudian Slip in Grass holding a Kindle Paperwhite and BOSE QC 20 noise-cancelling earbuds in lower two mesh pockets, Travel Cubelet in Northwest Sky just above the PIKA in Ultraviolet Halcyon, with Passport on top of front zippered pocket for scale, all lying on top of one of the new A5 Ghost Whale Organizer Pouches with Island Zipper -- you can just zip the PIKA into that pouch. To the right are the Field Journal Notebook Pocket Insert (now retired, but we used these as Mini Freudian Sliplets in the Daylight Briefcase and other bags, and above that is the older Standard Passport Pouch In Northwest Sky.

So, the PIKA will fit into places where approximately an A5 Notebook will fit.

Yes, it will fit into a Small Cafe Bag, and definitely anything larger than a Medium Organizer Pouch, which is larger than the A5 Ghost Whale Pouch.

That means it will fit into the chin pocket of the Synapse 25 (which will hold a Packing Cube Shoulder Bag, whose front diagonal pocket can be stiffened by inserting a Medium Organizer Pouch)

It won't fit into the chin pocket of a Synapse 19, and it will fit into the front pockets of the Pilot, but protrude sligthly against the mesh of the water bottle pocket.

In the Daylight Briefcase you can pull it out easily from the top main compartment that holds laptops (and into which we inserted the FJN pocket inserts as mini Freudian Slips, instead of the Small Cafe Bag Freudian Slip, which also fit there.)

Yes, it fits into the top pocket of the Daylight Backpack -- again, if you look in The new Freudian Slip colors thread, you'll see in the second picture of the first post, one organizational scheme is to put a Small Cafe Bag Freudian Slip in the top pocket, and a Medium Cafe Bag Freudian Slip in the next pocket, so you'll get a feeling for how that fits (the bottom of the "V" crossing the two parts at the top sits about one Halcyon square above the elastic in the top pocket). I believe @G42 may have some pictures. up.

HTH

moriond

ETA: Another referent that you can use for relative sizes are the pictures in my post in the old Kindle Voyage thread. The outline of the old Kindle Pouch with its slight taper at the bottom exactly matches the outline of the PIKA, so you can see that it's smaller than a Medium Organizer Pouch. You can also see from the reference images that you can't fit an iPad Mini into the center pocket of the PIKA, since I showed an iPad Mini overlying the old Kindle Pouch -- well, because you don't have sewn piping around the side, you have a little more leeway to force a naked iPad Mini into the PIKA, but you really have to force it down, and it's not a happy fit. This also means that everywhere that I could put that old Kindle pouch, I could put the PIKA. One of those places that I used to be able to use has changed: if you have a Synapse with the new water bottle pocket design (since about the end of February, the e mesh has been sewn against a central seam instead of using a rectangular shape to the compartment), the PIKA wont easily get stored there, whereas I can still put it into the water bottle pocket of my first production batch Synapse (when there was only the smaller size), and any model Synapse up until the change.
    You rock, @moriond Marsupialising with the Pika