Main TOM BIHN website

emailus@tombihn.com

COMMUNITY FORUMS

Welcome! We're glad you are here. This is the place to ask for bag advice, help other people out, post reviews, and share photos and videos.

x

First, select your desired search engine:

• Google Search
  • DuckDuckGo
  • Original Forum Search Engine

User Tag List

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7
    Forum Member
    Seattle, WA
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    While they do not seem to have been in as high demand during the initial order madness, the Pick-up Trucks are awfully cute as a small version of the Truck. The Monsters are truly voluminous comparatively. Also, the modern tartan Shepherd's wool cloth is really a nice pattern. While I did not try to order one of the highly coveted Icons, I hope all those who wanted them are able to get them in the not distant future.
    "Do one thing every day that scares you." - Eleanor Roosevelt
    "Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it." -Ferris Bueller

TOM BIHN Crew (we work here) Darcy's Avatar
    The far west
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Good morning! I am about to go help in shipping (while I think over all of this feedback + our options for the Icon restock) but wanted to share something I know some are concerned about, and that is that the debut items were added to the website early or late. (I have seen people mention they thought the items were added several minutes before 8am or several minutes after.)

We started putting up the 8:00am items up at 7:58. Depending on various factors outside of our control, it is possible for it to take a minute or two to actually put up the inventory ó at least, that has happened with previous debuts. Nik came up with a more efficient (maybe too efficient) process the morning of for adding *some* of the inventory (itís complicated but some had to be added more manually while some could be added automatically) while Mike worked on adding the inventory that needed to be added more manually.

In the past, it's been nerve-wracking to add the stock because if anything goes wrong on our computers or our Internet gets momentarily slow or our shopping cart slows down (can happen on big Internet shopping days) or similar, we could end up putting up the items late and we figured a little early is better than late, but maybe we figured wrong: maybe it would have been better to add the items late.
    Current Carry: The Hero's Journey, Skookum Dog Citizen Canine, Founder's Briefcase, Synapse 19 (day hikes), Guide's Pack (longer day hikes), Yeoman Duffel (winter/emergency stuff for the car), Aeronaut 30 (travel), Night Flight Travel Duffel (camera bag), Moveable Feast + Shop Bags (food)

Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have another suggestion for speedy ordering--which helped me select, cart, and complete my purchase in under a minute.

As others have suggested--My account was set up already. I had put the items I wanted on my wish list. AND--I had also approximated the total of what I was looking for plus shipping and bought a gift card for myself early that morning. I copied the number, pasted it in the box on the order page and bam. Done. No need to fuss with cc details.

Thrilled for TB that the day was a success and sorry for those who went away frustrated. Hope the tip helps others.

Be well and carry on.

California
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by KmK View Post
    I had also approximated the total of what I was looking for plus shipping and bought a gift card for myself early that morning. I copied the number, pasted it in the box on the order page and bam. Done. No need to fuss with cc details.
    This is a big hassle to go through just to place an order. It seems like the bigger issue is their shopping cart system. I had an order in my cart and "lost" a few items while waiting for the Shopify SMS code. It seems like they should find a system that can hold something in your cart as yours for a certain period of time while you check out.

Forum Member
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by bchaplin View Post
    I was describing to someone else how the items disappearing as I tried to move them from my Wish List to the cart were like blinking Christmas tree lights Smilie Icons disappearing from the screen right and left. Fortunately things moved somewhat slower in the afternoon, and I got an earlier start.

It might be good if there was a 2-3 minute hold once the item actually made it to the cart, if that is technically feasible. I get a text which -- I think -- lets me validate my identity and quickly load the addresses and stored credit card info. However, that text was slow to arrive. Another thought is that there could be the ability to pre-load the credit card info, and shipping and billing info, into the cart, and that would be saved for a few hours until the items could be added. I remember a similar process when buying Hamilton tickets, which was no less fraught.Embarrassment
    I suggested the same thing on Twitter, and they said the only problem is theyíd have to get a 3rd party shopping cart solution. But yeah, I agree. All I wanted was an Icon in Logic Blue and it sold out in the minute it took me to check out. I was so disappointed. I spent a month earlier this year looking for a new everyday bag, and I settled on something from Baggallini that Iím really not feeling. Iím hoping Iíll love the Icon more...guess I have to wait a bit longer to try it out.

Forum Member
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I agree with bchaplin that a 2-3 minute cart hold in order to check out would be great. It used to be a 5 minute hold, and even then people used to complain that was too short a time. What happened to the 5 minute hold? Canít the system go back to that?

In my opinion, the least stressful debuts have been the preorder ones. Prepaying and waiting a couple of months is fine with me. At least I know I will receive my order. Iím wondering why that was not an option for this debut but have no idea of the logistics that go into such an event.

This debut makes me think that those who were wanting to purchase debut items as holiday gifts and were not successful now have to find alternative gifts and will be spending their money elsewhere. If these items debuted in, say, October, then everyone would be assured they would receive their purchases by the holidays. And if there were really popular hot ticket items, then TB could possibly rearrange their production schedule to produce more of those items to accommodate the demand. Just my two cents . . .
    Seeking Solar shop bags and Solar packing cube shoulder bag Also coveting an Iberian Synapse or Copilot

Forum Member
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I quite like the preorder system, especially being able to add to the order while waiting for the preorder. I think I added at least 3 more orders before it shipped which is great for international shipping costs.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

Forum Member
    UK
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by gregcswanson View Post
    I quite like the preorder system, especially being able to add to the order while waiting for the preorder. I think I added at least 3 more orders before it shipped which is great for international shipping costs.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk
    I am another who would be very happy with the Pre-Order system with the facility of adding items whilst waiting. It is particularly helpful for those of us overseas who need to place an order of a reasonable minimum value to make it viable. It has worked well in the past and I would have thought could be helpful to production to know how popular a new item will be, and what quantities will be required to fulfil demand.
    Pre-Ordering has to be less stressful, frustrating and limiting, than the super super speedy Debut day system which worked well for some but perhaps not so well for many.

Forum Member
    Orlando, FL
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    With so many sales on Cyber Monday, I wished that the TB debut was not on the same day. A few weeks ahead of Cyber Monday would have been preferable. I would also like a pre-order system. That way, I know I'm getting what I want, and TB knows exactly what to make.

Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

All these wonderful goodies on their way to me- what did you get?

I also agree with a pre-order system. I missed out on the icon, HLTs( bc I was trying to get an icon) and a couple of pikas in choice colors. Also I wanted multiple monster trucks,hlts and pikas( for Christmas gifts). I ended up with 1 monster truck (not in the color I wanted) and 1 pika plus the other add ons of travel trays and stuff sacks. It was very stressful, I felt like I was in a Black Friday Wal-Mart line waiting for the next big thing. Iím sure Darcy and everyone at Tom Bihn will figure it out for us Bihnions. I really appreciate all that TB and the crew does and their hands-on with feedback and concerns like this.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by luckyprincess1112; Yesterday at 01:28 PM.

TOM BIHN Crew (we work here) Darcy's Avatar
    The far west
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by luckyprincess1112 View Post
    I’m sure Darcy and everyone at Tom Bihn will figure it out for us Bihnions. I really appreciate all that TB and the crew does and their hands-on with feedback and concerns like this.
    We're working on it! We want to be really thorough and make sure the solution we offer will work well, so it may be a few more days before I share an update. Smilie
    Current Carry: The Hero's Journey, Skookum Dog Citizen Canine, Founder's Briefcase, Synapse 19 (day hikes), Guide's Pack (longer day hikes), Yeoman Duffel (winter/emergency stuff for the car), Aeronaut 30 (travel), Night Flight Travel Duffel (camera bag), Moveable Feast + Shop Bags (food)

Forum Member
    Las Vegas
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Although I was able to pick up a few items, I also prefer the pre-order system with less stress.

Forum Member
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Darcy View Post
    We're working on it! We want to be really thorough and make sure the solution we offer will work well, so it may be a few more days before I share an update. Smilie
    @Darcy, thanks for listening to us. I know everyone at TB is dedicated to improving and making things better for us bag junkies. Even though I didn’t get everything I wanted during the debut, I know I will sooner or later, just have to practice patience. In the meantime, I look forward to reading reviews and seeing pictures of the new items in action.
    Last edited by pammy; Yesterday at 12:05 AM.
    Seeking Solar shop bags and Solar packing cube shoulder bag Also coveting an Iberian Synapse or Copilot

Wisconsin
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Only 2 Icons colors left so I took a chance on Burnt Orange with Ultraviolet zippers. That is going to be interesting when it arrives on Monday. Also grabbed an HLT-2 in ultraviolet. Assuming that will fit in the Icon, too?
    Family, Guitar, Design, Travel....get after it!

Volunteer Moderator
    Honolulu, HI
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeff A View Post
    Only 2 Icons colors left so I took a chance on Burnt Orange with Ultraviolet zippers. That is going to be interesting when it arrives on Monday. Also grabbed an HLT-2 in ultraviolet. Assuming that will fit in the Icon, too?
    An HLT-2 can fit in the Icon, but I thought there were only a couple of Ultraviolet HLT-1s left.?

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7