Main TOM BIHN website

emailus@tombihn.com

COMMUNITY FORUMS

Welcome! We're glad you are here. This is the place to ask for bag advice, help other people out, post reviews, and share photos and videos.

x

First, select your desired search engine:

• Google Search
  • DuckDuckGo
  • Original Forum Search Engine

User Tag List

Forum Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Side Effect as a Sling

When they say the side effect can be worn as a sling, they mean more as a purse right? Not like a fanny pack across the chest thing like all the young people are doing? Does Tom Bihn make anything that can be worn across the chest or back like a fanny pack?

Volunteer Moderator
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by brimation View Post
    When they say the side effect can be worn as a sling, they mean more as a purse right? Not like a fanny pack across the chest thing like all the young people are doing? Does Tom Bihn make anything that can be worn across the chest or back like a fanny pack?
    Hi @brimation,

The Side Effect has two sets of attachment points. The first is a pair of o-rings on each end, the second is a pair of webbing lips to which you can attach a gatekeeper waist strap. You can see both in the third picture on the Side Effect page:

https://www.tombihn.com/products/side-effect

You can use a strap with snap hook ends on the o-rings, and carry it this way (I think this is what you mean by purse style?) or you can use the waist strap to wear it around your waist or hips as a waist bag, or you can use the waist strap but put the bag across your chest as a sling.

I hope this answers your question. You can wear it in multiple ways because of the multiple attachments, just make sure you have the strap you need to wear it in your preferred way.

Forum Member
    Springfield, MA
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Depending on your circumference, you could wear the SE across your chest/back using either the long, thin strap attached by o rings, or the wide, flat straps attached by the gatekeeper straps. Gatekeeper straps may be more secure for the purpose, but the other will do the job, too.

Forum Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I guess Iíve never seen someone wear it across their chest. If you can wear it around your waist I guess you could though

Minneapolis, MN
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by brimation View Post
    I guess Iíve never seen someone wear it across their chest. If you can wear it around your waist I guess you could though
    I wear it like that and it works great. I like having it in front of me. Added bonus security is wearing it with the front zipper facing the body. I came home from Italy with everything I left with (minus the money I spent!)

Forum Member
    Springfield, MA
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I've tried it, and it definitely works. I just don't find it comfortable on my shape. It's a very useful bag, tho. I carry it any time I travel or go anywhere without quick access to NSAIDs, hand washing facilities, or phone chargers.