Main TOM BIHN website

emailus@tombihn.com

COMMUNITY FORUMS

Welcome! We're glad you are here. This is the place to ask for bag advice, help other people out, post reviews, and share photos and videos.

x

First, select your desired search engine:

• Google Search
  • DuckDuckGo
  • Original Forum Search Engine

User Tag List

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

HLT2 photos and mini review

Hi all,

Been a lurker for a long time and have appreciated everyone's input on TB bags. As I was lucky enough to get an HLT2 on Monday I thought I would post some pictures. But being a first time poster of photos I do not quite know how to reduce the size to fit inline in the post. So I used my photo editor to re-size the photos which somehow degraded the photo quality.

I loaded the HLT2 with all the stuff I want easy access to on flights. The Notebook in the pictures is actually my Kindle Paperwhite in a case.

Photo 1: Fully loaded HTL2

HLT2 photos and mini review-hlt2-1-jpg

Photo 2: HTL2 opened with items in inside
    HLT2 photos and mini review-hlt2-2-reduced-jpg

Photo 3: items pulled out of the various pockets they were stored in
    HLT2 photos and mini review-hlt2-3-reduced-jpg

Photo 4: All the things I carry pulled out of the HLT2
    HLT2 photos and mini review-hlt2-4-reduced-jpg

From top left hand corner
    1. A small pouch with a couple of splitters and some hair ties
    2. Under that a Motorola phone I use when I travel aboard
    3. The Kindle paper white next to them
    4. Next to the Kindle at the top right – a power bank
    5. A wall USB adapter
    6. An international travel adapter
    7. A flash light
    8. Ear buds
    9. A USB cable
    10. A little TSA friendly paper slicer (I use it to cut open had to open snack bags, etc.)

Overall, I loved the HLT2. Like all TB bags it is a Tardis in nature meaning it’s big on the inside while looking small on the outside.

If I have a request to make for the next iteration, it would be to have the zips close away from the O-rings as they get in the way when you open the little pockets.

Finally, one observation and caution – the kindle fits in the open pocket under the zippered pocket on the side with the carabiners. This means that when you hang it from the carabiners, the kindle can slide out. I ‘fixed’ it by putting in my USB cable in the ‘spine’ of the HLT2 so that acts as a barrier.

TOM BIHN Crew (we work here) Darcy's Avatar
    The far west
    Mentioned
    237 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Welcome! Great review. We'd be happy to resize the originals for you and upload them: email them to feedback@tombihn.com if you'd like us to do that Smilie
    Have a question? @Darcy (to make sure I see it)

Current carry: testing new potential materials in the form of Original Large Shop Bags.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    thanks, Darcy. I will when I get back home from work. If there are instructions on how to right size the pix without affecting quality that you could share, that would be great.

Seattle
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I am happy to know the kindle paperwhite will fit in the HLT2. I have a thin case on mine too.

Volunteer Moderator
    Honolulu, HI
    Mentioned
    67 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by freckles View Post
    I am happy to know the kindle paperwhite will fit in the HLT2. I have a thin case on mine too.
    Hi @freckles,

Here’s one of my pictures of the Kindle Paperwhite in an OMOTON case (opened so you can see the screen) lying on top of the mesh zippered pocket on the left side of the open HLT2:

I usually store this in the space behind that mesh pocket. These pics are my add-ons to @bartleby’s December 2019 debut: These iconic handy little things (Icon & HLT 1 and 2). I’m using a Double Size Leaf Pouchkin from the First Aid Pouch as that flip-over clear pocket — the link to it (red version, also exists in blue) is given earlier in that post, just above a picture of the largest size notebook I could comfortably fit into HLT2 — a Leuchtturm1917 B6 planner (they have thinner soft notebooks of the same outlined profile).

HTH

moriond