Main TOM BIHN website
 
emailus@tombihn.com

COMMUNITY FORUMS

Welcome! We're glad you are here. This is the place to ask for bag advice, help other people out, post reviews, and share photos and videos.

x

First, select your desired search engine:

  • Google Search
  • DuckDuckGo
  • Original Forum Search Engine

User Tag List

Page 10 of 16 FirstFirst ... 8 9 10 11 12 ... LastLast
Results 136 to 150 of 235

Thread: 2020 Wish List

  1. #136
    Forum Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2017
    Share
    New England
    Posts
    260
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Spacer mesh would be the perfect addition to the Luminary. I sold mine because it was too hot for even mild summer temps. I've been looking for a replacement but no one makes anything quite like it.

  2. #137
    Forum Member Crinoidea's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2016
    Posts
    70
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I’m intensely curious to see the icon in Ursa/Coyote Halcyon, with coyote zipper.

    I wish the Icon zipper was on top. I’ve had bags with the not-on-the-top zipper and reaching into the bag always bothered me.

  3. #138
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Feb 2018
    Posts
    9
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by onebag View Post
    My second and last wish is for a waist pack like the Side Effect but smaller, something with the mindset of the PIKA but can be worn around the waist. Would love to see a padded section for your phone and some organization pockets for a wallet. Of course, o-rings for a key strap! Sort of a minimally-sized waist pack for your phone/wallet/keys where things don't jumble around and your phone is protected.

    Tom Bihn seems to be missing this product segment, I think we have amazing options for travel (where you need more volume to pack clothing) as well as options for day use (where you might just have a jacket, book, phone/keys/wallet, and a water bottle) but nothing great for a minimalist take on the work bag. I bike to work and my pack consists of laptop, gym clothes, phone/wallet/keys -- I keep it minimal to faciliate cycling. On the other hand, when I'm out and about I don't always need my Luminary, usually I am just wishing I didn't have to cram my phone/wallet/keys into my pockets.
    Have you considered the HLT for this purpose? There are a couple pictures of it being used as a waist pack on the product page.

    2020 Wish List-hlt-2-1_1024x1024-jpg

    2020 Wish List-htl-2-2_1024x1024-jpg

  4. #139
    TOM BIHN Crew (we work here) Darcy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Share
    The far west
    Posts
    6,219
    Mentioned
    122 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ejvc View Post
    Hi TB crew! I would like to put in a plea for reflective details. Where I live it is very dark in winter and I'm often out cycling or walking in the dark with my TB bag. I've had to attach reflective things to my bags and they are not as nice as if they were integrated.

    So: perhaps reflective tabs? Reflective zipper pulls? Reflective labels? Straps with reflective edges? All of these would be appreciated.
    Ben just ordered a small quantity of a reflective zipper pull that we happen to love. The pull itself feels great: just a nice, natural curve to it. They're small, but it's a start.... will share photos + details when they arrive!
    Have a question? @Darcy (to make sure I see it)

    Current carry: testing new potential materials in the form of Original Large Shop Bags.

  5. #140
    Forum Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2018
    Share
    Springfield, MA
    Posts
    361
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Back when GWOPs were introduced, there was a possibility of making their color-choice system available for other organizer pouches. I wish for that! (Clicks heels together three times)

    Because I enjoy color coding my organizers, so I don't need more in the same colors, but it would be amazing to have them in the new colors. New colors!

    Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

  6. #141
    Forum Member Rei's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2018
    Share
    France
    Posts
    291
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    more coyote (Guide Edition/Skookum Dog style) accessoiries pretty please *^*
    just a Bihnion here

  7. #142
    Forum Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2015
    Share
    Sweden
    Posts
    276
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Darcy View Post
    Ben just ordered a small quantity of a reflective zipper pull that we happen to love. The pull itself feels great: just a nice, natural curve to it. They're small, but it's a start.... will share photos + details when they arrive!
    How great, thank you so much.

  8. #143
    Forum Member b1gsky's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2015
    Share
    Germany
    Posts
    557
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I’m repeating my wish for an Original Halcyon Travel Cubelet, before the fabric is gone for good. Pretty please?

  9. #144
    Forum Member barefoot's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Share
    Long Beach, CA => Spokane, WA => Lancaster, PA
    Posts
    33
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    How about a mushroom foraging bag made of mesh (assist spore release) and halcyon with a few pockets for knife, collection bags, and what not.

  10. #145
    Forum Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2015
    Share
    Perth, Australia
    Posts
    247
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    2020 Wish List

    I wish that all in production bags can be treated like pre orders.

    So many times you wait for an in production bag to come in stock and then other things you wanted go out of stock. When youre paying 65 dollars for postage thats pretty steep to have to make two orders. It would be fantastic if you could do things like pre orders are done. Buy the things then have everything ship at once. Id also bet people would buy more because they have more time to think about what to add to their orders 2020 Wish List


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  11. #146
    Forum Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2019
    Share
    Buffalo, NY
    Posts
    122
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by LordAnubis View Post
    I wish that all in production bags can be treated like pre orders.

    So many times you wait for an in production bag to come in stock and then other things you wanted go out of stock. When you’re paying 65 dollars for postage that’s pretty steep to have to make two orders. It would be fantastic if you could do things like pre orders are done. Buy the things then have everything ship at once. I’d also bet people would buy more because they have more time to think about what to add to their orders 2020 Wish List


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Oh man, I was JUST thinking about that today. There are a few things that I plan to buy, but most of them are in production. So unless I get ridiculously lucky and they're both restocked the same day, it's going to be at least 2 separate orders for me.

  12. #147
    Forum Member
    Join Date
    May 2018
    Posts
    34
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm coming at this from the perspective of someone who travels in random countries....

    I would love an essentials purse (wallet, phone, chapstick, passport, etc.) that has a very flat shape for travel. (I guess I want the much-flatter child of the Travel Cubelet. Maybe if the TC and Passport Pouch had a baby?) It can be smaller than the TC, but it mostly needs to be flatter. The TC holds its shape, even in Halcyon. It would be great for my essentials purse to be able to be under my clothing, with a cross body strap, if I feel the situation necessitates it.

    Aside from travel, I think the TC (or something small like it) would just be more comfortable with a flatter design that hugs the body more. It's actually what I love about the PCSB with attachment points on each side.

  13. #148
    Forum Member Rei's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2018
    Share
    France
    Posts
    291
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Lami View Post
    I'm coming at this from the perspective of someone who travels in random countries....

    I would love an essentials purse (wallet, phone, chapstick, passport, etc.) that has a very flat shape for travel. (I guess I want the much-flatter child of the Travel Cubelet. Maybe if the TC and Passport Pouch had a baby?) It can be smaller than the TC, but it mostly needs to be flatter. The TC holds its shape, even in Halcyon. It would be great for my essentials purse to be able to be under my clothing, with a cross body strap, if I feel the situation necessitates it.

    Aside from travel, I think the TC (or something small like it) would just be more comfortable with a flatter design that hugs the body more. It's actually what I love about the PCSB with attachment points on each side.


    Wouldn't the P.I.K.A. do the trick ? It's flat and can hold a passeport, minimal wallet, phone and likely chapstick
    as minimal carry I use the cubelet, it's cute and minimal (my phone fits barely but it's ok)
    also 3D pouches are small enough and big enough for minimal (travel) carry
    just a Bihnion here

  14. #149
    Forum Member
    Join Date
    May 2018
    Posts
    34
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Rei View Post
    Wouldn't the P.I.K.A. do the trick ? It's flat and can hold a passeport, minimal wallet, phone and likely chapstick
    as minimal carry I use the cubelet, it's cute and minimal (my phone fits barely but it's ok)
    also 3D pouches are small enough and big enough for minimal (travel) carry
    At least for me, both every day and for travel, I really want zippers on each compartment. I never considered the PIKA for that reason -- and it's not really minimal enough with the fancy inner lining. I've seen videos of the older Passport Pouch with a zipper. If that was just large enough to fit a phone (w/ passport and tiny wallet,) it'd be more along the lines of what I'm looking for. Super minimalist essentials purse.

  15. #150
    Forum Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2016
    Share
    Brooklyn, NY
    Posts
    172
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by kmw View Post
    I'll always second this! <3
    Tritto. I thought I was retired from buying LCBs but the thought of Wilderness/UV, Ursa/Solaris, Nebulous/Sitka... oh dear

Page 10 of 16 FirstFirst ... 8 9 10 11 12 ... LastLast

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •