Main TOM BIHN website

emailus@tombihn.com

COMMUNITY FORUMS

Welcome! We're glad you are here. This is the place to ask for bag advice, help other people out, post reviews, and share photos and videos.

x

First, select your desired search engine:

• Google Search
  • DuckDuckGo
  • Original Forum Search Engine

User Tag List

Page 11 of 16 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 12 13 ... LastLast

Thread: 2020 Wish List

Forum Member
    MO
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The only thing that I want is the only thing that prevents me from having ALL TB bags is a large MLC-sized backpack with clamshell opening, maybe a Synik 40 or 45.

I travel with a large photography kit and clothes but do it all out of one bag. I have a packable day inside My backpack and then throw the lenses and camera I want to take with me for the day in there and leave the backpack at my hostel. I have seen the Aeronaut 45 and it didnít speak to me. I appreciate the design versatility, but in my experience bags that have multiple carry options arenít great as backpacks. A backpack with a dedicated harness system, and hip straps is so easy to carry.

If TB makes a backpack like this I will sell my main travel bag (a Peak Design Travel Backpack) and buy the TB.

This is my full checklist for the bag:

1. 40-45L carry capacity.
    2. Clamshell opening
    3. 15+ laptop compartment
    4. Detachable hip straps
    5. Edgeless straps with sternum strap
    6. Some external access to quick access pockets
    7. YKK Aquaguard zippers on all external zippers
    8. Plenty of O-rings for internal organization

I travel with not a FAIRLY minimal amount of clothes (1 jeans, 2 shorts, 4 shirts, 4 socks, 4 underwear) for a month at a time, but between the clothes and the camera equipment, Iím afraid the Synik 30 is just a bit too tight.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Forum Member
    Springfield, MA
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by halstead.nathan View Post
    The only thing that I want is the only thing that prevents me from having ALL TB bags is a large MLC-sized backpack with clamshell opening, maybe a Synik 40 or 45.

I travel with a large photography kit and clothes but do it all out of one bag. I have a packable day inside My backpack and then throw the lenses and camera I want to take with me for the day in there and leave the backpack at my hostel. I have seen the Aeronaut 45 and it didnít speak to me. I appreciate the design versatility, but in my experience bags that have multiple carry options arenít great as backpacks. A backpack with a dedicated harness system, and hip straps is so easy to carry.

If TB makes a backpack like this I will sell my main travel bag (a Peak Design Travel Backpack) and buy the TB.

This is my full checklist for the bag:

1. 40-45L carry capacity.
    2. Clamshell opening
    3. 15+ laptop compartment
    4. Detachable hip straps
    5. Edgeless straps with sternum strap
    6. Some external access to quick access pockets
    7. YKK Aquaguard zippers on all external zippers
    8. Plenty of O-rings for internal organization

I travel with not a FAIRLY minimal amount of clothes (1 jeans, 2 shorts, 4 shirts, 4 socks, 4 underwear) for a month at a time, but between the clothes and the camera equipment, Iím afraid the Synik 30 is just a bit too tight.

Idano, how big is your big camera stuff? You should give the 30 a try. My friend switched from a 40L ebags bag to a synik and it fit the same gear.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

Forum Member
    MO
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have a full frame mirror less camera, 3 lenses, and a Joby gorillapod. It takes up quite a bit of space on top of clothes, toiletries, and laptop/laptop accessories.

Forum Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Just got an HLT in Seapine and it’s absolutely gorgeous! I’d love to see the Luminary 12 and DLBP offered in Seapine!

Boston; she/her
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ChaosLib View Post
    Just got an HLT in Seapine and it’s absolutely gorgeous! I’d love to see the Luminary 12 and DLBP offered in Seapine!
    But then I would have to buy another Luminary 12 and another DLBP! (I really don't think I could resist.)

Forum Member
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by cazique View Post
    Tritto. I thought I was retired from buying LCBs but the thought of Wilderness/UV, Ursa/Solaris, Nebulous/Sitka... oh dear
    <3

MCBs never work for me, but I added a Wilderness and Ursa MCB to my Wish List just to be able to look at them and mentally pretend LCB versions could happen. Smilie

A Seapine LCB, though, would be an absolute dream bag for me.

So in case it's not here already, I'll add Cafe Bags in Seapine to the list (and a Seapine LCB specifically to the Super Dream Wish List).
    Last edited by kmw; 02-04-2020 at 07:26 AM. Reason: Grammar

Forum Member
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'd also love to see an HLT 3 in a slightly larger size -- essentially an HLT replacement for the Field Journal. My favored notebooks measure 9.5 x 7, so current HLT options are too small, but I'd love such a grab-and-go bag for my writing stuff.

Forum Member
    Bordeaux, Paris
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    A Maker's Bag with an open pocket along the exterior back, and a cinchable buckle on the front.

Forum Member
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Lia View Post
    Also: solaris travel tray.
    !
    Since I was inquiring about this elsewhere, definitely seconding Solaris travel trays.

Volunteer Moderator
    SF Bay area
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Night Flight Travel Duffel pre-order with Original halcyon before it's gone plus whatever the new 400d will be later this year... ideally with the Solaris, Sitka, Coyote, etc...
    Even better if the side pockets had the zip to the main pocket, like the Aeronauts... we have baby Mr. Peanut and baby Yoda, why not baby Aeronaut?
    I like all the blues and greys...and all the happy citrus colours too! My search unicorn is the Sapphire Dyneema original Small Shop Bag...

France
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by kmw View Post
    I'd also love to see an HLT 3 in a slightly larger size -- essentially an HLT replacement for the Field Journal. My favored notebooks measure 9.5 x 7, so current HLT options are too small, but I'd love such a grab-and-go bag for my writing stuff.
    yes yes yes, if it could hold A5 notepad (vertical and horizontal ones) it would be perferct Heart Eyes

Quote Originally Posted by G42 View Post
    Night Flight Travel Duffel pre-order with Original halcyon before it's gone plus whatever the new 400d will be later this year... ideally with the Solaris, Sitka, Coyote, etc...
    Even better if the side pockets had the zip to the main pocket, like the Aeronauts... we have baby Mr. Peanut and baby Yoda, why not baby Aeronaut?
    yes yes yes, for tiny baby aeronaut Heart Eyes
    just a Bihnion here

Forum Member
    Indiana
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by G42 View Post
    Night Flight Travel Duffel pre-order with Original halcyon before it's gone?
    Yeah, I'd totally buy another NFTD to get it in Original Halcyon!

Forum Member
    Springfield, MA
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yeah, of the nftd compartments were unzippable like the aeronaut, so it could fit a pair of shoes, I'd be sold.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

Forum Member
    New England
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Q Kits in new colors. Like Mars Red, Seapine Green, Logic Blue, etc.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This might be controversial but I would love to see Tom Bihn roller bag (2 or 4 wheels). This would go perfectly with Aeronaut 30 any Tom Bihnís backpack.

Page 11 of 16 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 12 13 ... LastLast