Main TOM BIHN website

emailus@tombihn.com

COMMUNITY FORUMS

Welcome! We're glad you are here. This is the place to ask for bag advice, help other people out, post reviews, and share photos and videos.

x

First, select your desired search engine:

• Google Search
  • DuckDuckGo
  • Original Forum Search Engine

User Tag List

Page 13 of 15 FirstFirst ... 3 11 12 13 14 15 LastLast

Thread: 2020 Wish List

Forum Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Camera cases and covers! Padded stuff sacks!!

More specifically, camera inserts.

The padded stuff sacks would be great for protecting camera lenses/electronic equipment/glasses, general fragile things.

Camera inserts like the Tenba BYOB and F-stop ICU. Billingham also has removable camera inserts for the bags they make.

Not asking for bag-specific ones like Billingham does, but ones that can go into the Synapse/Synik and still be functional with other bags.

Top and side access, two sizes that take up either half of the space of the main compartment of the Synapse/Synik, larger size takes all or most of the space.

Customizable interior with Velcro dividers, although I think a system that utilizes something like the gatekeeper clips would be great.

Small pockets on the sides of the exterior where the access points are, and on the flaps of the interior. A bigger pocket on the back of the exterior. For things like SD cards, small straps, extra batteries, etc. None of the exterior pockets protrude when empty so they donít take up space when not in use.

All of the camera inserts Iíve found have to be at the bottom of the bag. Would be awesome if we could utilize the O-rings to mount the insert so that it can stay on top (with the support of something underneath, like a packing cube).

O-rings or lash points to add a shoulder strap If you want to turn it into a sling/shoulder bag. Of course, could also be used to attach another pouch or Q-kit as well.

This is a lot but after hours of searching, I donít think Iím going to find the *perfect* insert so Iím hoping @Darcy or someone sees this and actually makes it a thing. Iíd do it myself but I donít know my way around a sewing machine 😂

France
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by smc2323 View Post
    Camera cases and covers! Padded stuff sacks!!

More specifically, camera inserts.

The padded stuff sacks would be great for protecting camera lenses/electronic equipment/glasses, general fragile things.

Camera inserts like the Tenba BYOB and F-stop ICU. Billingham also has removable camera inserts for the bags they make.

Not asking for bag-specific ones like Billingham does, but ones that can go into the Synapse/Synik and still be functional with other bags.

Top and side access, two sizes that take up either half of the space of the main compartment of the Synapse/Synik, larger size takes all or most of the space.

Customizable interior with Velcro dividers, although I think a system that utilizes something like the gatekeeper clips would be great.

Small pockets on the sides of the exterior where the access points are, and on the flaps of the interior. A bigger pocket on the back of the exterior. For things like SD cards, small straps, extra batteries, etc. None of the exterior pockets protrude when empty so they don’t take up space when not in use.

All of the camera inserts I’ve found have to be at the bottom of the bag. Would be awesome if we could utilize the O-rings to mount the insert so that it can stay on top (with the support of something underneath, like a packing cube).
    Coincidentally I have just been looking for camera and lens cases or inserts. The Tenba BYOB seems to be my favourite, but I was wishing that Tom Bihn offered something even better adapted to fit a range of their bags.

Forum Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That is a coincidence!

I ended up ordering the TENBA 9 Slim Backpack insert. Hopefully itíll work out in my S19 or Sy22!

Forum Member
    Buffalo, NY
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    In the spirit of using every available scrap of fabric for stuff, could ghost whales in halcyon fabric be feasible?

Forum Member
    Springfield, MA
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Monster truck already available in Ursa = wish granted!

Yayyy!

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

Germany
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    @Darcy Is there any chance we're going to see the Travel Cubelet in Original Halcyon before the remaining fabric is gone? Now that we're breaking convention with the 200d Side Effects I'm keeping my fingers crossed that one run with Original Halcyon TCs would be possible. I love Original Halcyon and would love it in a Travel Cubelet.

Forum Member
    Indiana
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by b1gsky View Post
    I love Original Halcyon and would love it in a Travel Cubelet.
    I'd totally buy one!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Oh I just realized I need a ghost whale with a soft lining as a glasses case... 2020 Wish List

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Alabama
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    @Darcy Is there any chance we're going to see the Travel Cubelet in Original Halcyon before the remaining fabric is gone? Now that we're breaking convention with the 200d Side Effects I'm keeping my fingers crossed that one run with Original Halcyon TCs would be possible. I love Original Halcyon and would love it in a Travel Cubelet.
    Iíd be in for that

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    "Not all who wander are lost"
    "Love people, use things, because the opposite never works" - The Minimalists
    Synapse 25 in Olive, Aubergine Side Effect, UV A30 PCBP, Sitka PCSB

Forum Member
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The more I test pack against TB bags, the more I love and appreciate the wizardness of my Smart Alec. My wish, therefore, is a SA in Coyote Halycon Heart Eyes Oh, I can dream...

TOM BIHN Crew (we work here) Darcy's Avatar
    The far west
    Mentioned
    91 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I've added this to the list for color requests in our project management software! I think it would be a great option. As always, we must remove some existing colors to make way for any new ones, as there's already quite a few TC color options. We'll see what the next production run brings.
    Have a question? @Darcy (to make sure I see it)

Current carry: testing new potential materials in the form of Original Large Shop Bags.

Germany
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Darcy View Post
    I've added this to the list for color requests in our project management software! I think it would be a great option. As always, we must remove some existing colors to make way for any new ones, as there's already quite a few TC color options. We'll see what the next production run brings.
    Awesome, thank you! Keeping my fingers crossed. Smilie

Forum Member
    Phoenix, AZ
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Iíd buy one in original halcyon too. Iíd also like a packing cube shoulder bag in original halcyon before itís gone.

Forum Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Flat wallet with coin pouches - Leaf Pouchkin with minor changes (I have been using this as a wallet for a week now and having place for coin and unfolded currency is nice and poucking is the right size for both)
    Leaf Pouchkin with Clear or Fabric back compartment instead of mesh; O-ring instead of first aid kit attachment clips

NYC
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    L15 in Wilderness with interior color not Coyote.
    Spring

Page 13 of 15 FirstFirst ... 3 11 12 13 14 15 LastLast