Main TOM BIHN website

emailus@tombihn.com

COMMUNITY FORUMS

Welcome! We're glad you are here. This is the place to ask for bag advice, help other people out, post reviews, and share photos and videos.

x

First, select your desired search engine:

• Google Search
  • DuckDuckGo
  • Original Forum Search Engine

User Tag List

Page 17 of 18 FirstFirst ... 7 15 16 17 18 LastLast

Thread: 2020 Wish List

Forum Member
    UK
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by G42 View Post
    Now that we no longer have the mini Yeoman or the Night Flight Travel Duffel... can we have an Aeronaut 20? if keeping two backpack straps doesn't scale with the aspect ratio, do one sling strap...
    If Aeronauts function as dressers when we travel, think of an A20 as a Night Stand Smilie
    I like this idea! My NFTD is such a useful, dinky and cute little bag - ideal for one or two days away and so easy to carry and to use on arrival. Halcyon material allows it to be squished and squashed especially if the foam inner stiffener is removed. Just enough organisation but not so much that it makes it fiddly! The YD is another amazingly versatile bag but with no organisation at all within requires a slightly different approach in use - I love them both and am sorry to see them now both retired.

Volunteer Moderator
    SF Bay area
    Mentioned
    65 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by BowTrek View Post
    There's apparently a "Trinity" flat packing style bag coming out in a variety of sizes (IIRC small/medium to start, and possibly a larger following later?). Maybe worth waiting on, unless you don't like the style of the Western Flyer / Tri-Star and prefer the Aeronaut style.

I guess it's a big small, but considered the Pilot at all? I think it's 13L iirc, so a bit smaller than you want, hrm.
    I'm definitely a 3D packer vs a flat packer, so I'm on the Aeronaut side of things usually. I've tried the TS and rehomed it... still have a WF... the A30 is my usual travel bag and I picked up one of the last 36L Road Buddy when they were disco'd to try out. I do also have a Pilot, but it's the duffel-ish 3D that I'm looking for, plus the other features of the Aeronaut family...
    I like all the blues and greys...and all the happy citrus colours too! My search unicorn is the Sapphire Dyneema original Small Shop Bag...

Alabama
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I would love if the new backpack Tom was working on had a clamshell opening. Also, the pouch sized smalls and larges in ghost whales. The A5 ghost whale is close to the medium pouch size already.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    "Not all who wander are lost"
    "Love people, use things, because the opposite never works" - The Minimalists
    Synapse 25 in Olive, Aubergine Side Effect, UV A30 PCBP, Sitka PCSB

Forum Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Could I please ask for a small caption on photos and videos on the website to indicate size of each product. It's sometimes difficult to judge which is which.

For example on "V1 SMALL/MED" on mask photo. "LARGE" on the video of the travel tray..... etc etc

Also a mesh organizer pouch in MINI for coins.

Volunteer Moderator
    SF Bay area
    Mentioned
    65 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by bijoux View Post
    Check out the Ghost Whale Super Mini in mesh for coins - works well for me, holds a lot of US quarter coins.
    I like all the blues and greys...and all the happy citrus colours too! My search unicorn is the Sapphire Dyneema original Small Shop Bag...

Volunteer Moderator
    Honolulu, HI
    Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by bijoux View Post
    Could I please ask for a small caption on photos and videos on the website to indicate size of each product. It's sometimes difficult to judge which is which.

For example on "V1 SMALL/MED" on mask photo. "LARGE" on the video of the travel tray..... etc etc

I agree with @G42 's suggestion of the Super Mini Ghost Whale Organizer Pouch for coins, but I have to say that I really miss the Coyote Mini Mesh Organizer Pouch. The picture is still up on the web page, even though the Mini size option hasn't been around for a few years. (My link has the product from my wish list, back when you could still order this, but since it's not available, you won't see it on the product page)

They used to continue selling a version of the Mini Mesh Coyote Organizer Pouches in the Skookum Dog Organizer Pouches line, but the Mini Pouches sold out, and now all these pouches are being retired along with the rest of the Skookum Dog Line (as per @Darcy 's 01-29-2020 post)
    Quote Originally Posted by Darcy View Post

the sad news is: we've decided to retire the Skookum Dog line.
    This is a picture of the 3 size for the Skookum Dog Organizer Pouches, with the Mini Mesh option at the top left. (You can still get the Small and Medium Sizes of this Mesh Pouch until they sell out, too.)

Basically the Coyote Mesh pouches (in Mini size), were available for a long time. Here's a quote with picture from my post in 01-11-2014 that includes the Mini Mesh Coyote Organizer Pouch at the bottom:
    Quote Originally Posted by moriond View Post
    @autolycus @monkeylady The Coyote Organizer Pouches are sized "Micro" (all Dyneema) and "Mini" (Mesh and Dyneema), while the Skookum Dog Organizer Pouches are Mesh and Dyneema, spanning the range of "Mini", "Small", and "Medium":
    Nano and Mini Size Coyote organizer pouches:
    • Nano, Ballistic/Ballistic: External Dimensions - 3.7 x 3" / 95 x 75mm; Weight: 0.8 oz / 20 grams
    • Mini, Mesh/Ballistic: External Dimensions - 5.7" x 3.9" / 145 x 100 mm; Weight: 1 oz / 25 grams
    Mini, Small, and Medium size mesh pouches from Skookum Dog:
    • Mini is 5.7" x 3.9" and weighs 0.8 oz
    • Small is 7" x 5" and weighs 1.2 oz
    • Medium is 10.3" x 7" and weighs 2 oz
    By contrast, Mystery Gift is close in size to the Pocket Pouch (PP specs given below):
    External Dimensions - 3.4" x 4.6" / 87 x 118 mm
    Weight: 0.6 oz / 15 grams
    I'll attach a not great photo that does, however, show the size relative to the Nano and Mini Coyotes pouches, and the Pocket Pouch:

My pouch is Black Parapack edged in Steel, similar to the picture shown by TOBaggirl. This size pouch is more convenient for earbuds. Many thanks to all the folks at Tom Bihn!

moriond
    They continued to sell the Mini version of the mesh pouch under the Skookum Dog Line through last year. I prefer the Tom Bihn version, because the product label is slimmer and less obtrusive. I have a couple of these that I use (not for coins) to carry bag hacking attachment parts.

HTH

moriond

Forum Member
    North Carolina
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Although I haven't seen Acuity in person yet I think it will probably be a great color to pair with Ursa. I would love to see this combo for the Side Kick and Side Effect.

Cubelets, Travel Trays, and HTLs in Sitka and Acuity. I'm really glad the Cubelets are going to be made in 200 halcyon; I added Solaris to my wish list as soon as it was added as an option.

Forum Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'd love a run of packing cube shoulder bags in the new 200d halcyon colors. And also in whatever the new 400d halcyon is going to be.

Another wish is getting a heads-up on what color that new 400d halcyon is. I put off purchasing a Synik because I wanted to wait and see that new color first.
    Seeking Solar shop bags and Solar packing cube shoulder bag Spring Also coveting an Iberian Synapse or Copilot

Winona, MN
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I would love to see another run of the original shop bags with the old and fabulous new colors of the 200 Halcyon. I don't need/want zippers for general grocery shopping and only got one in each size before they disappeared for good. I find myself using them for a myriad of things- pool bag, library runs, extra clothes bag for the kids' playdates, cart my lunch bag and winter accessories to work... so two is not enough, and the zippered ones just don't have the same wide opening that lets me pile it all in.

Forum Member
    Las Vegas
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by nessagr View Post
    I would love to see another run of the original shop bags with the old and fabulous new colors of the 200 Halcyon. I don't need/want zippers for general grocery shopping and only got one in each size before they disappeared for good. I find myself using them for a myriad of things- pool bag, library runs, extra clothes bag for the kids' playdates, cart my lunch bag and winter accessories to work... so two is not enough, and the zippered ones just don't have the same wide opening that lets me pile it all in.
    +1 for the Original Shop Bags, large and small!Heart Eyes

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Wanderlust77 View Post
    +1 for the Original Shop Bags, large and small!Heart Eyes
    Make that +2!!

The zippered shop bags are not needed for everyday grocery shopping. I only have two of the original large shop bags and would definitely buy more! I always get comments from checkout staff about how good they are when I use them.

France
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    And +3. Zippered shop bags are useful, such as for beach use or ad-hoc shopping trips. But for everyday supermarket shopping the original shop bags do the job perfectly. And yes, often comments from curious check-out staff and other customers.

Alabama
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Since it showed up in acuity, I would love an everyday cubelet in sitka 2020 Wish List...please!

"Not all who wander are lost"
    "Love people, use things, because the opposite never works" - The Minimalists
    Synapse 25 in Olive, Aubergine Side Effect, UV A30 PCBP, Sitka PCSB

Volunteer Moderator
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by melminimalist View Post
    Since it showed up in acuity, I would love an everyday cubelet in sitka 2020 Wish List...please!

I mean... YES PLEASE!! How many Everyday Cubelets do I need? I guess as many as I have plus one in Sitka. 2020 Wish List

Forum Member
    North Carolina
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Shortie View Post
    Although I haven't seen Acuity in person yet I think it will probably be a great color to pair with Ursa. I would love to see this combo for the Side Kick and Side Effect.

Cubelets, Travel Trays, and HTLs in Sitka and Acuity. I'm really glad the Cubelets are going to be made in 200 halcyon; I added Solaris to my wish list as soon as it was added as an option.
    My order arrived yesterday. Along with an Icon I also received 3DOCs in Acuity and Sitka. Both colors look good with Ursa.

Page 17 of 18 FirstFirst ... 7 15 16 17 18 LastLast