Main TOM BIHN website

emailus@tombihn.com

COMMUNITY FORUMS

Welcome! We're glad you are here. This is the place to ask for bag advice, help other people out, post reviews, and share photos and videos.

x

First, select your desired search engine:

• Google Search
  • DuckDuckGo
  • Original Forum Search Engine

User Tag List

Page 19 of 22 FirstFirst ... 9 17 18 19 20 21 ... LastLast

Thread: 2020 Wish List

Forum Member
    St Louis, MO USA
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I do carry a handkerchief also but sometimes you just gotta blow also. LOL. And also with Covid I am trying not to reuse a cloth at work. But most times I have used a hanky.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It would be good idea that for the Pop Tote instead of having the little O-rings inside the water bottle holder pockets to have stronger holder rings (like the ones from the shoulder cube) so that you can have the option of carrying the tote as crossbody bag with the 1 inch shoulder strap. That would be easy to do!

Chicago Suburbs, Illinois
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    A new shoulder pad for crossbody bags, constructed the same way as the edgeless backpack straps.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Follow me on Instagram!

@outside_chicago

@wright_in_the_midwest

Forum Member
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Chicagoan View Post
    A new shoulder pad for crossbody bags, constructed the same way as the edgeless backpack straps.
    YES. THIS.
    A30 - Original Halcyon/UV MB - Aubergine/NWS LCB - Original Halcyon/Wasabi! MCB - Steel dyneema/Wasabi! STT - Wasabi! SE - NORDIC/Solar TT - Sitka

TB Newbie Rainbow First factory visit - 9/21/2018

Hearts desire: a S19 or S25 in original NORDIC.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    19-22L Synik or Synapse that can fit a 15inch laptop. It's unfortunate that laptop size can currently dictate the bag size.

Forum Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I would like a dawn aeronaut 30 please

Forum Member
    Melbourne, AU
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It's been a while since visiting the forums, so not sure if it's already been mentioned, but I'd be interested in a padded ghost whale pouch.

I use a small padded organiser pouch for my headphones, and while they fit, getting them in/out could be easier.

Sent from my SM-G970F using Tapatalk

Volunteer Moderator
    Honolulu, HI
    Mentioned
    65 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Hi @blusquid ,

One of the options in the Colored Zipper Ghost Whale Organizer Pouches is to choose a pouch made with Spacer Mesh (the material used at the back of backpacks — Drilex spacer mesh. This is very light padding, though, and the smaller sizes of Ghost Whale Organizer Pouches wouldn’t support heavy padding designs. You can see some pictures of a mini GWOP with spacer mesh holding keys in my post (#15, dated 12-09-2019) in the Key Troubles thread. At present, the spacer mesh option is only available for the A5 GWOPs with colored zippers. You can see a picture of one of these in @labrain’s post about using this to hold picnic utensils.
    Quote Originally Posted by blusquid View Post
    It's been a while since visiting the forums, so not sure if it's already been mentioned, but I'd be interested in a padded ghost whale pouch.

I use a small padded organiser pouch for my headphones, and while they fit, getting them in/out could be easier.

Sent from my SM-G970F using Tapatalk
    HTH

moriond

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I came here to wish for A6

Volunteer Moderator
    Honolulu, HI
    Mentioned
    65 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by yassine View Post
    I came here to wish for A6
    Welcome to the forums, @yassine .

Was that a request for them to make an A6 size Ghost Whale Organizer Pouch? While they don’t make an A6 sized Ghost Whale Organizer Pouch, there are plenty of other accessories that are used to carry A6 notebooks. For example, I’ve carried a Leuchtturm1917 A6 hard cover pocket notebook (90 x 150 mm) under the mesh zippered pocket of my HLT 1. (it’s in the pictures in my post #4 in the thread on Carabiner pics, but since the pint of showing how these Handy Little Things look when opened up and suspended is to show you what’s there that doesn’t fall out when you open up the accessory or hang it up, you won’t see it. There’s a very small hint of light blue peeking along the edge below the mesh zippered pocket holding a set of colored FriXion pens and paper cutter in a photo earlier in that post that is the edge of the A6 notebook). It also fits in pockets of some Freudian Slips, and a number of people carry an A6 notebook in the Everyday Cubelet , where they also carry pens.

For more ideas, check the discussions at the end of The Hobonichi Techo thread

HTH

moriond

California
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I've been watching the Guide's Pack left, right, and leads pocket for a few months now before deciding to pull the trigger on the navy Guide's pack. I remember seeing a post that they would go back into production down the road. Unfortunately I just noticed that the leads pocket is now marked as a retired design. Hopefully they'll make one last run of these once things get back to normal.

Volunteer Moderator
    Honolulu, HI
    Mentioned
    65 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Awesomepants View Post
    I've been watching the Guide's Pack left, right, and leads pocket for a few months now before deciding to pull the trigger on the navy Guide's pack. I remember seeing a post that they would go back into production down the road. Unfortunately I just noticed that the leads pocket is now marked as a retired design. Hopefully they'll make one last run of these once things get back to normal.
    @Awesomepants , you may still be able to get a Guide’s Pack Lead’s Pocket in Navy via eBay or a swap. @Trailhiker , an early Guide’s Pack enthusiast, did a separate thread on the Lead’s Pocket. His Lead’s Pocket Comparison Photos convinced many forum members to separately order that accessory. I remember that when the first Guide’s Edition Synapse 25’s came out having to answer questions on the forum about whether it would be possible to attach this to the bottom of that bag. (The answer is, not really; although I hacked a way to do this, I wouldn’t use it in practice. The most successful attachment of the Lead’s Pocket to another bag was probably carrying it inside the older versions of the Smart Alec that had the strips for attaching Brain Cells via Annex Clips instead of the webbing loops for the caches with rails). Some of the functionality of the separate Lead’s Pocket might now be taken over by the Handy Little Things, for these users. You never know…

HTH

moriond

ETA: On the other hand, people are still using the Lead’s Pocket as a separate accessory. I’m quoting @KmK ’s 02-23-2019 post to show this in a Synapse 19. You can navigate to the parent thread by clicking on the arrow at the top right of the quote. Then, she follows up with an answer to a question three posts later.

Quote Originally Posted by KmK View Post
    Leads pocket as a zipped Freudian Slip...or, Office A-go-go... in an S19.

Last edited by moriond; 08-23-2020 at 04:41 PM.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My wishlist is simple, just wishing for the Synapse 25 in Black Ballistic exterior to enter production again. Smilie

Volunteer Moderator
    SF Bay area
    Mentioned
    108 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by nimbuscloud View Post
    My wishlist is simple, just wishing for the Synapse 25 in Black Ballistic exterior to enter production again. Smilie
    Welcome to the Forums @nimbuscloud !

That's probably the easiest wish for TB to grant - black is apparently the most ordered colour for all the bags, so it's probably in just about every production run. The 'in production' colour combos aren't always updated until it's actually closer to the the item being ready though, just so you know...
    I like all the blues and greys...and all the happy citrus colours too! My search unicorn is the Sapphire Dyneema original Small Shop Bag...

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by G42 View Post
    Welcome to the Forums @nimbuscloud !

That's probably the easiest wish for TB to grant - black is apparently the most ordered colour for all the bags, so it's probably in just about every production run. The 'in production' colour combos aren't always updated until it's actually closer to the the item being ready though, just so you know...
    Thanks for the welcome G42 and everyone! And thanks for the additional info, makes sense about production readiness and the "in production" status on the item's page. I'll keep checking in every couple weeks. I noticed that there was a restock of many Synapse 25 colorways just yesterday, actually, but Black Ballistic exterior didn't make it just yet.

Speaking of new colors - the Synapse in 'Ursa' looks quite interesting, probably the darkest color I'm personally aware of that isn't black in the Tom Bihn line. Haven't been able to find many user photos of bags in Ursa, though, aside from the Guide Editions, which obviously have the coyote (not black) zipper trims. I realize this may be getting off-topic, but just wondering if you've seen any users around here post photos of their Ursa non-Guide edition backpack (whether Synapse or Synik -- wouldn't matter). Scoured the forums and the web and didn't find much.

In any case -- my current black ballistic Synapse 25 I have owned and used almost daily for nearly 10 years (or however long the S25 has been out; in any case, its been a long time). It's still in acceptable condition, functionally speaking, but looking to pick up another one and keep this one as a backup. Looks like there's been some subtle iterative changes to the bag over the years as well.
    Last edited by nimbuscloud; 08-29-2020 at 08:38 AM.

Page 19 of 22 FirstFirst ... 9 17 18 19 20 21 ... LastLast