Main TOM BIHN website

emailus@tombihn.com

COMMUNITY FORUMS

Welcome! We're glad you are here. This is the place to ask for bag advice, help other people out, post reviews, and share photos and videos.

x

First, select your desired search engine:

• Google Search
  • DuckDuckGo
  • Original Forum Search Engine

User Tag List

Page 22 of 22 FirstFirst ... 12 20 21 22

Thread: 2020 Wish List

Forum Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    More (bigger) Q-kit sizes!

-5 GMT EST/EDT
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    At this point in the year, my only wish is that there was inventory to buy. I bought a bunch of gift certs in the spring to help out, but having a tough time spending them. I'm looking for smaller accessories like cubelets, the new PCSB, maybe some shop bags.
    Proud owner of: Pop Tote in cloud, Aeronaut 30 in steel/iberian, Travel Cubelet in Dawn, Travel Cubelet in Nebulous Grey , SE in steel parapack, SSB in black halcyon, Truck in Nebulous Gray, Co-Pilot in Black Halcyon/Iberian,Pickup Truck in Mars Red Small Zipped shop bag in black, Small Zipped shop bag in Dawn numerous pouches, 3D cubes, Q kits and straps, Cubelets and Ghost Whales!

Chicago Suburbs, Illinois
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Walker View Post
    @MargaretK, you are welcome.

In the same return box to TB is a L15 Wilderness Green/Coyote if you like that combination. I like the Wilderness/Coyote combination very much.

Finally, also in the return box is a Cubelet in Aubergine. In case you wanted one and cannot wait for the next production run.

The 2 Luminaries are truly beautiful. I just cannot make them work for me. Seems I carry too much and the items I tote around work better with my Synapse 19 and DLBPs. I now have 2 DLBPs - my latest acquisition is Alphaviolet/Viridian.

I also could not make the Cubelet work for me. It confirmed that the TSS #2 is the best one for the items I pack and carry.

I planned to post about these items I sent back, which I will do if you are not interested in the L15 and the Cubelet.

Have a great day!
    Customer service emailed me the invoice today for your returned Wilderness/Coyote L15, @Walker .

Should be here, hopefully, by the weekend.

Thanks for tossing it back into the pond and know it couldnt have a better home than mine - the L15 is *hands down* my favorite bag and I literally carry it everywhere with me.

Now to wait for it to arrive and snap some Coyote zipper pulls on once it does! :-)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Follow me on Instagram!

@outside_chicago

@wright_in_the_midwest

Forum Member
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    So happy L15 is heading home to you.

My Synapse 19 and I wish you and your new L15 many happy trails and memories. We would love to see a photo of you L15s together playing nice with each other Smilie.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

2020 Wish List

Quote Originally Posted by Walker View Post
    So happy L15 is heading home to you.

My Synapse 19 and I wish you and your new L15 many happy trails and memories. We would love to see a photo of you L15s together playing nice with each other Smilie.
    I also purchase today the L12 that you returned. I hope can get it in 3 weeks.

a lot of thanks for giving me chance to get THE last L12 : )

Forum Member
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    So happy that the L12 is heading home to you, @MargaretK. My DLBP and I wish you and your L12 many happy adventures together.

Forum Member
    VA
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Wanderlust77 View Post
    I would love to see the EDC/TC with loops like the SK & SE have so a waist/hip belt could be attached and worn like fanny pack.
    YES. This.

Volunteer Moderator
    Honolulu, HI
    Mentioned
    76 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MargaretK. View Post
    I also purchase today the L12 that you returned. I hope can get it in 3 weeks.

a lot of thanks for giving me chance to get THE last L12 : )
    The Nebulous Grey/Dawn color combination in the L12 Luminary is great! I have this and like it a lot. You might want to ask if you can add a pair of strap keepers to your order. It's less necessary for the L12 Luminary, but you're about my size, and what you'll find is that since the waist straps and shoulder straps of bags have to be made to accommodate much larger people, there's always a lot of extra strap length that you'd like to tuck neatly away. On the L15 Luminary in particular, the amount of extra shoulder strap length to control was really astonishingly large. They came up with the design of the strap keepers about that time

These are some pictures of how I use them with the L15
    2020 Wish List-image3-jpeg

This is the top view of the same strap with the retainer. The earlier picture does a better job of showing the rolled up thickness
    2020 Wish List-image4-jpeg

You can see more in the video on the product page or in the Want to help us test a Strap Keeper design? thread.

HTH
    moriond

ETA: I prefer to use the strap keepers, because they can be used on a wide variety of bags and straps of different widths to manage the extra webbing length. But if you want an alternative hack that I used before the strap keepers were available, I used to insert the plastic tie from the top of a Peet's Coffee Bag inside the webbing loop end at the end of the Luminary shoulder strap. For most other bags that I'd make the adjustment, the webbing section would be too long and thick for this to work as well.

I'm showing you the actual length that I have to roll up on a Luminary 12 (Nebulous Grey/Dawn), and I'm likely about your height and size:
    2020 Wish List-img_4905-jpg
    This is the section of webbing that I need to roll up. The plastic tie from the Peet's Coffee bag is inserted in the end (this is the same kind of plastic tie that I used to substitute for the nose bridge of a mask in a different post. The tie exactly fits the webbing loop for the end of the shoulder strap.

2020 Wish List-img_4906-jpg
    Here's the rolled up section of excess webbing from the shoulder strap. You can bend the end of the plastic tie around it to secure it. This works in this case because the excess webbing length in the Luminary 12 is so short compared to the typical cases you have to deal with, and because the strap is also narrower than most cases. The webbing strap keepers work in a much larger range of cases to retain extra straps. I tend to order items that I know that I will find useful for lots of cases when I find them -- because it's such a pain to suddenly want them and find that they are out of stock!

I also use the strap keepers for other bag hacking. For example, someone asked about adding an external carrying point for a small, (non-Tom Bihn) shopping bag. I posted about Adding a Connector point to the Icon Strap in the Bag Hacks forum using the strap keepers and a triangle hook ordered from the Parts page

HTH

moriond
    Last edited by moriond; 10-22-2020 at 03:39 PM.

San Francisco, CA
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'd love a Luminary 15 in Seapine Green!

Page 22 of 22 FirstFirst ... 12 20 21 22