Main TOM BIHN website

emailus@tombihn.com

COMMUNITY FORUMS

Welcome! We're glad you are here. This is the place to ask for bag advice, help other people out, post reviews, and share photos and videos.

x

First, select your desired search engine:

• Google Search
  • DuckDuckGo
  • Original Forum Search Engine

User Tag List

Page 3 of 15 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 ... LastLast

Thread: 2020 Wish List

Forum Member
    Minnesota
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by x3n0n View Post
    I also am looking for a PCSB-sized hybrid bag/cube with (detachable strap and) "exterior" fabric: Halcyon 400d, 525d ballistic, and/or 630d recycled. As mentioned, bonus points for some minimal amount of internal pocketry.
    Having thought a bit more, I think I'm looking for:
    * the existing PCSB to be offered in a durable fabric with subdued colors: probably Halcyon 400d as first choice and 630d recycled as second choice, for flexibility and light weight, and
    * a horizontal "Freudian Slip" that would fit inside it: a stiffener that will hold relevant things upright (maybe slots for 2 pens, a phone, and an A5-sized thing on the front side, and an open pocket on the back?).

Forum Member
    Bordeaux, Paris
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    A return/update of the Imago, a medium sized messenger bag which was discontinued long ago. It had a handle, a cinchable flap, one open exterior pocket along the back, and it was so flexible.

Forum Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by bbcamp View Post
    A return/update of the Imago, a medium sized messenger bag which was discontinued long ago. It had a handle, a cinchable flap, one open exterior pocket along the back, and it was so flexible.
    +1 for the return of the Imago. But I would love to see a version 2 with larger side pockets that can accommodate bigger phones and inner pocket for a water bottle, like the Makers Bag. The Imago is such a great bag.
    Seeking Solar shop bags and Solar packing cube shoulder bag Spring Also coveting an Iberian Synapse or Copilot

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Tom Bihn makes a small Synik (22) and a large Synik (30), but for us smaller framed humans that still like to lug a bunch of stuff around daily, the 22 is too small and the 30 is far too large... we desperately need a middle size. Perhaps a 25/26 L?
    My wish is this: Dearest Santa Tom Bihn -- please make our wish of a mid-sized Synik come true. I will give you all of my money. All of it. Please and amen.

Forum Member
    Buffalo, NY
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Another +1 for the mid-sized 26L Synik, I think it would be a really good option to have. Especially if you can get it in the guide edition (can you tell that I love the look of the guide editions yet?)

Boston; she/her
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    So ifffff those of us who keep wishing for a return of the Smart Alec get our wish, wouldn't it be lovely to have one in all 630 Recycled Fabric, with Seapine for the front panel and Nebulous Grey for the side panels that were black on the original Smart Alecs?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by kieri View Post
    An A6 or B6 sized Ghost Whale.
    I came here to wish for A6! That would be an excellent size for a field notes notebook and a few pens and index cards...
    Proud owner of a Synik 22 (Aubergine/Northwest Sky), a Medium Caf Bag (Alphaviolet), and a whole host of accessories.

Downeast Maine
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Several times over the years i’ve wished for a kiwi side effect. I’m changing it up this year. I’d love a kiwi co-pilot. In the alternative a kiwi side kick.
    List exceeds allowed characters. So I'll just say I'm plum and kiwi loving FOT!

Volunteer Moderator
    SF Bay area
    Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Moose View Post
    Several times over the years i’ve wished for a kiwi side effect. I’m changing it up this year. I’d love a kiwi co-pilot. In the alternative a kiwi side kick.
    I managed to get a new-to-me Kiwi 'Style Kit' earlier this year and it's an interesting colour - kind of restfully happy. Smilie
    I like all the blues and greys...and all the happy citrus colours too! My search unicorn is the Sapphire Dyneema original Small Shop Bag...

Volunteer Moderator
    Honolulu, HI
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by G42 View Post
    I managed to get a new-to-me Kiwi 'Style Kit' earlier this year and it's an interesting colour - kind of restfully happy. Smilie
    As I recall, Tom may have been introduced to his love of Kiwi through their early connection with Trager bags — another early made in USA bag designer, some of whose products were sold for a time in the TB store. I think they shared some of the earlier production dye lots, and acquired the remaining Kiwi Ballistic Nylon when Trager finally went out of business (like a lot of small US manufacturers at that time who resisted sending their production overseas).

My current daily usage of Kiwi is more cut back: a Kiwi Clear Organizer Wallet, a Pocket Pouch in Kiwi/original Nordic, a Q-Kit in Kiwi, and Size 2 Knitting Tool Pouch in Kiwi. @Moose has some great Kiwi accessories, including the Style Kit.

moriond

Forum Member
    Santa Cruz, California
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I came across Trager products long before I discovered Tom Bihn, as they were sold in selected stationery stores and luggage stores. I still have two Trager briefcases and a backpack/messenger combination bag that I took with me to many international destinations. They were well-designed and durable bags - too bad the company went out of business.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    1. Please pair Seapine and the new deep green 525 ballistic with UV or Iberian. NWS is so boring.

2. Guide's Edition S19.

3. Smart Alec in new colours, or guide's edition, and UMP/LMP to put people out of their misery.

4. Shadow Guide with an internal lining to brighten up the black hole

5. Zip-top shopbags in 400 halcyon. So classy.

6. DLBP with waterbottle holders like the Maker's Bag. I feel that's the only missing thing in this bag.

Sent from my SM-N950F using Tapatalk

Forum Member
    UK
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Small Cafe Bag in Recycled Nebulous Grey.......I really do like the new fabric!

Forum Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Second for DLBP with water bottle holder inside. That is the one reason I can’t pull the trigger on it.

Germany
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Katsage View Post
    Second for DLBP with water bottle holder inside. That is the one reason I can’t pull the trigger on it.
    I’ve been securing my water bottle in my DLBPs for years with this hack:
    https://forums.tombihn.com/general-b...tml#post153739

Works like a charm and it’s super quick to get the bottle out and secure it again.

Page 3 of 15 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 ... LastLast