Main TOM BIHN website

emailus@tombihn.com

COMMUNITY FORUMS

Welcome! We're glad you are here. This is the place to ask for bag advice, help other people out, post reviews, and share photos and videos.

x

First, select your desired search engine:

• Google Search
  • DuckDuckGo
  • Original Forum Search Engine

User Tag List

Page 5 of 14 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast

Thread: 2020 Wish List

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Bring back S19 in Alphaviolet/Viridian combo please!2020 Wish List2020 Wish List

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Walker View Post
    PCSB v.2 - pockets like the Side Kick/Side Effect.

Been asking for years Smilie.
    This would be amazing!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I want an O Ring on the inside of the Travel tray. The large in Halcyon is perfect for knitting, but there is no attachment point for notions pouches, whales or anything.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    More colours for the Ristretto please!

Forum Member
    Brooklyn, NY
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by datamonkey View Post
    More colours for the Ristretto please!
    Can you please NOT produce the Ristretto with non-black piping - in other words please do NOT make a ristretto with Seapine green 630 and Alpha/Aubergine colored piping, or something like that to mirror the fabric/zipper pairings on the Icon. Please. My poor wallet.

Forum Member
    Virginia USA
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by SIM View Post
    Synik 25 to be used for EDC.
    I agree. I'd like something with the height of the S22 but a little more depth.
    Bags - S25 (Mars Red balistic/Northwest sky/halcyon), S19 (Deep blue balistic/Iberian/halcyon). S22 (Aubergine)SCB (Nordic)
    Accessories - including Nik's #4 wallets, ghost whales, Q-kits, pouches, stuff sacks, travel trays.

Forum Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Cubelet in new halcyon colours

Forum Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Add loops for a cache to the interior of the GUIDE'S PACK. And offer the bag in at least one other color -- perhaps olive with coyote, or steel with a steel bottom and black webbing and lash points. (An all-black "stealth" Guide's Pack would be cool, but that would look too much like the Shadow Guide.)

Alternately, add webbing loops to the exterior of the SHADOW GUIDE, so I can strap a travel yoga mat to the outside using straps with a 1 inch gatekeeper on each end.
    Last edited by Buffalonian; 01-04-2020 at 10:11 AM.

Forum Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I just have 2 wishes from Tom & Nik (any other folks in charge of design?)

First, a small backpack in the vein of the Luminary 15 that can accommodate a 15" MacBook Pro (believe me, if work didn't require that I use one I would opt for a smaller laptop!) What I mean by this is, a backpack with a dedicated laptop compartment. It should be geared towards daily use and NOT travel -- so not as large and feature-packed as the Synpase 25/Synik 30, something slim like the Luminary, though I would always appreciate some thought towards organization like on the Synapse. This is for someone who doesn't want something so full-blown as the Brain Bag and is hoping for a Synapse 19/Synik 22/Luminary that can fit that 15" laptop that most software devs use.

My second and last wish is for a waist pack like the Side Effect but smaller, something with the mindset of the PIKA but can be worn around the waist. Would love to see a padded section for your phone and some organization pockets for a wallet. Of course, o-rings for a key strap! Sort of a minimally-sized waist pack for your phone/wallet/keys where things don't jumble around and your phone is protected.

Tom Bihn seems to be missing this product segment, I think we have amazing options for travel (where you need more volume to pack clothing) as well as options for day use (where you might just have a jacket, book, phone/keys/wallet, and a water bottle) but nothing great for a minimalist take on the work bag. I bike to work and my pack consists of laptop, gym clothes, phone/wallet/keys -- I keep it minimal to faciliate cycling. On the other hand, when I'm out and about I don't always need my Luminary, usually I am just wishing I didn't have to cram my phone/wallet/keys into my pockets.

Forum Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    A synapse or synik with 18" in length, with
    - Some reflective points on the pack.
    - An RFID pocket.
    - Lockable zippers.
    - A more flexible laptop sleeve- not zippered, but with a velcro flap instead.
    - Options to have the side zipper either on the left side or right side.

A 1-inch deeper Side Kick with an extra zippered pocket on the outside, small grab handle/strap and slightly wider shoulder strap.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

Forum Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My body is ready for the coyote guide synik. Like when your mouth starts watering when you are about to eat a delicious slice of pizza.

Forum Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I want a backpack that looks like the Smart Alec and luminary had a baby. I love the dedicated exterior access for a laptop/tablet of the luminary. I love the capacity and organization of the Smart Alec. The sleek exterior design of both. In a pretty deep purple that leans more towards blue than red (Im thinking of you Aubergine).

Alabama
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    As always, hoping for a triumphant return of sitka, barring that, clamshell zip on the synapse. Also, a daylight briefcase for a 15 inch laptop.

"Not all who wander are lost"
    "Love people, use things, because the opposite never works" - The Minimalists
    Synapse 25 in Olive, Aubergine Side Effect, UV A30 PCBP, Sitka PCSB

Forum Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Katsage View Post
    I want a backpack that looks like the Smart Alec and luminary had a baby. I love the dedicated exterior access for a laptop/tablet of the luminary. I love the capacity and organization of the Smart Alec. The sleek exterior design of both. In a pretty deep purple that leans more towards blue than red (I’m thinking of you Aubergine).
    You and I are on the same page here! Just make sure it can handle a 15" laptop Big Grin

Forum Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I ordered a set of ghost whales for my wifes Icon and after playing with them she asked if TB made a size between the small and A5. Unfortunately that doesnt exist and we both agree it would be really useful.

Does anyone else think they can find a use for something like this?

Page 5 of 14 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast