Main TOM BIHN website

emailus@tombihn.com

COMMUNITY FORUMS

Welcome! We're glad you are here. This is the place to ask for bag advice, help other people out, post reviews, and share photos and videos.

x

First, select your desired search engine:

• Google Search
  • DuckDuckGo
  • Original Forum Search Engine

User Tag List

Page 6 of 13 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 ... LastLast

Thread: 2020 Wish List

Forum Member
    NoVA
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I’d really like a ghost whale slightly bigger than A5. I have A5 sized notebooks that are a very snug fit. (Belgian Atoma brand.). These have discs on the side like Levenger Circa, which is a copy of the original Atoma design made after Atoma’s patents lapsed.

Even though Bihn is solid stuff, no need to stress the seams...
    Last edited by Outrider; 01-09-2020 at 08:02 PM.

Alberta, Canada
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I know part of the point of the TC is itís extreme minimalism for a cross-body bag that can fit a larger phone or as an internal organizer that fits a larger phone. But I really wish that it came with a slightly beefier strap and attachment points.

In the photo is the things that I sometimes carry in the TC (minus my keys and the iPhone XR, used to take the photo) and this load feels incredibly heavy for the size of bag and now narrow the strap is. The Kobo eReader fits very well in the main compartment, the Niks wallet goes in the front zipper pocket, pen in the pen holder, phone in the interior pouch, and Iíll clip my keystrap to the o-ring in the main compartment. If I take the Kobo out, the weight to size ratio feels good. If I feel the need for the Kobo, I wish that the TC had a strap more like the one on the SK.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Forum Member
    Minnesota
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ClicketySnap View Post
    I really wish that it came with a slightly beefier strap and attachment points.
    [...]
    If I feel the need for the Kobo, I wish that the TC had a strap more like the one on the SK.
    For what it's worth, I believe this strap is basically like the SK strap, but with hooks instead of gatekeepers: https://www.tombihn.com/products/sho...nt=34631943751

I think it's the one that's semi-recommended on the PCSB product page.

-5 GMT EST/EDT
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    But I really wish that it came with a slightly beefier strap and attachment points.
    You can buy a beefier strap, but I have no recommendations on the attachment points.
    https://www.tombihn.com/products/sho...nt=17376120455
    Proud owner of: Pop Tote in cloud, Aeronaut 30 in steel/iberian, Travel Cubelet in Dawn, Travel Cubelet in Nebulous Grey , SE in steel parapack, SSB in black halcyon, Pilot in steel dyneema/steel, , Truck in Nebulous Gray, Pickup Truck in Mars Red Small Zipped shop bag in black, Small Zipped shop bag in Dawn numerous pouches, 3D cubes, Q kits and straps, Cubelets and Ghost Whales!

Forum Member
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm sure this has been mentioned but... Synik straps on the Synapse 25!

When the Synik was announced I have to admit that I was not excited about the clamshell opening. If you use packing cubes those just slide down into the S25 (I find the large A30 packing cube fits well). The new grab handle seems great but unnecessary when my bag is on my back the majority of the time. The laptop sleeve and side access is nice I'll admit but I could live without those features.

But MORE COMFORTABLE STRAPS?!? The existing straps are ok, I can't help but feel like under your full loadout it can be a lot, especially if you are traveling long distances by foot. A padded waist-strap helps but the strap upgrade could only increase the comfort!

(Any rumors or updates on this? It's in the Synik FAQ as a "wait for more user feedback" thing. Side note, I truly love the Aubergine color but have held off on purchasing a new S25 because my fingers are crossed for some 2020 updates)

Seattle, WA
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Travel Cubelet in Black 400 Halcyon.

While Iím at it, I would like to see a full Aether lining for the TC. The TC has become my constant companion and I use it pretty hard ó the unfortunate result is that the urethane coating on every unlined part of it has started (or, in some areas, finished) separating and peeling off, at least in the main compartment.

The return of Zest and/or Solar Halcyon! The NWS Halcyon lining of my new S22 is perfectly functional, but it doesnít make me grin like the Solar interior of my trusty old S19. Wink

Punch/Azalea Ballistic. Heart Eyes

Forum Member
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by x3n0n View Post
    For what it's worth, I believe this strap is basically like the SK strap, but with hooks instead of gatekeepers: https://www.tombihn.com/products/sho...nt=34631943751

I think it's the one that's semi-recommended on the PCSB product page.
    I use this strap on my side effect when I wear it cross body! It would work well on the TC also.
    A30 - Original Halcyon/UV MB - Aubergine/NWS LCB - Original Halcyon/Wasabi! MCB - Steel dyneema/Wasabi! STT - Wasabi! SE - NORDIC/Solar TT - Sitka

TB Newbie Rainbow First factory visit - 9/21/2018

Heartís desire: a S19 or S25 in original NORDIC.

Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    A DLBC Grande, the size of a Pilot or Makers Bag with a water bottle pocket a la Makers Bag. Focus on use as a "personal" boarding bag and use as a day bag.

Also, a 35-ish liter 3-way travel pack/duffle/shoulder bag focused on budget airline carry-on overhead dimensions and loads up to 10kg. It should have stowable pack straps with sternum strap, Cache capable mounts, a water bottle pocket and a set of matching cubes with Gate Keeper mounts.

Forum Member
    Seattle, WA
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by DWSeattle View Post
    A DLBC Grande, the size of a Pilot or Makers Bag with a water bottle pocket a la Makers Bag. Focus on use as a "personal" boarding bag and use as a day bag.
    Ooh, I second this. This is exactly what I picture as my perfect personal item bag for travel.

Forum Member
    Perth, Australia
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I wish that the plastic oring and the key chain split ring were a bigger size. Yes you can squeeze three things to clip onto one but itís just not great. Would love for the rings to be double or 2.5 times the size.

Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by Buffalonian View Post
    Add loops for a cache to the interior of the GUIDE'S PACK. And offer the bag in at least one other color -- perhaps olive with coyote, or steel with a steel bottom and black webbing and lash points. (An all-black "stealth" Guide's Pack would be cool, but that would look too much like the Shadow Guide.)

Alternately, add webbing loops to the exterior of the SHADOW GUIDE, so I can strap a travel yoga mat to the outside using straps with a 1 inch gatekeeper on each end.
    Second this suggestion!

Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Add Nite Ize s-biners to suit. They make locking ones that are great for pilfer-proofing zipper pulls too.

Volunteer Moderator
    SF Bay area
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by LordAnubis View Post
    I wish that the plastic oring and the key chain split ring were a bigger size. Yes you can squeeze three things to clip onto one but it’s just not great. Would love for the rings to be double or 2.5 times the size.
    Some ideas in the interim:

For the key chain split ring, I (and others) have simply replaced the small split ring with a bigger one.

For the built in O-rings, you can add a larger split ring to the O-ring and jump off of that or I use the metal rings called 'binder rings' that open/close. Until/unless they are seriously worn out, I haven't had a problem with them opening unexpectedly.
    They come in different diameters.

HTH
    I like all the blues and greys...and all the happy citrus colours too! My search unicorn is the Sapphire Dyneema original Small Shop Bag...

Forum Member
    Indiana
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by G42 View Post
    For the key chain split ring, I (and others) have simply replaced the small split ring with a bigger one.
    I took one of the double keystraps (that come with each bag) and slid it onto my larger actual keyring, and cut off the plastic clip! I have so many that my son did the same thing.

Forum Member
    Perth, Australia
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

2020 Wish List

Quote Originally Posted by G42 View Post
    Some ideas in the interim:

HTH
    Thanks, yeah exactly what I do now but it would be good if it came standard like that.

Last edited by LordAnubis; 01-14-2020 at 06:31 PM.

Page 6 of 13 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 ... LastLast