Main TOM BIHN website

emailus@tombihn.com

COMMUNITY FORUMS

Welcome! We're glad you are here. This is the place to ask for bag advice, help other people out, post reviews, and share photos and videos.

x

First, select your desired search engine:

• Google Search
  • DuckDuckGo
  • Original Forum Search Engine

User Tag List

Page 7 of 14 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 ... LastLast

Thread: 2020 Wish List

Forum Member
    Buffalo, NY
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Does anyone know if there are plans for other internal Halcyon colors? It seems like most bags are done with either Northwest Sky or Island on the inside (with the rare Wasabi/UV), and those are fine, but man, I would love to see bright stuff like Solar or something like that come back.

Forum Member
    St. Paul, MN
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    What I would love to see is a work ID holder. I imagine this like a modified DOC pouch with a portrait orientation and an o-ring in the top middle. I wear a badge everyday and my current badge holder is ugly and many of the ones available are large and ugly.

• Top loading, slide in clear urethane pouch for Work ID (magnet closure like the Pika could be great!)
    • Zip pouch for storing business cards, small notes, etc.
    • Central O-ring on top (instead of snap hook) allows me to use work lanyard or replace a broken lanyard easily
    • A small webbing loop to attach a pen (not necessary but a great bonus)

I'd also love to see the return of Zest, Solar or Monarch Halycon. I missed them all and I WANT them so bad.

I love bright and fun contrast in the fabric choices. I'd be hard pressed to not buy a Burnt Orange/Island Halycon Synapse 19 with the edgeless straps.
    Synapse 19 (Burnt orange/Steel) | Side Kick (Deep blue/Wasabi) | Side Effect (Nordic/Wasabi) | Travel Cubelet (Burnt orange/Northwest sky)

MA USA
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ArdeaAbe View Post
    What I would love to see is a work ID holder.
    I had been looking for a decent badge holder for a while and wished TB would make one but then I found Govo which I really have found to be wonderful. It's pretty light but has stood up to my abuse. I have no affiliation with them just a a satisfied user.
    DogBikeSpringRainbowTengu

Forum Member
    St. Paul, MN
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Muni_Jedi View Post
    I had been looking for a decent badge holder for a while and wished TB would make one but then I found Govo which I really have found to be wonderful. It's pretty light but has stood up to my abuse. I have no affiliation with them just a a satisfied user.

That looks promising! My use case is that I hold my ID, an evacuation checklist (printer paper) and several business cards to hand out. Business cards are not credit card sized, do you know if this badge holder would work for business cards?
    Synapse 19 (Burnt orange/Steel) | Side Kick (Deep blue/Wasabi) | Side Effect (Nordic/Wasabi) | Travel Cubelet (Burnt orange/Northwest sky)

MA USA
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ArdeaAbe View Post
    That looks promising! My use case is that I hold my ID, an evacuation checklist (printer paper) and several business cards to hand out. Business cards are not credit card sized, do you know if this badge holder would work for business cards?
    If you use standard business cards they will fit but will stick out of the top a wee bit.
    DogBikeSpringRainbowTengu

Forum Member
    NYC
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Would love some new knitting goodies- a bag would be awesome, but accessories would be great too.

And I have said this for many years and understand why it was discontinued, but I really miss cork fabric. My Swift, Little Swift, and pouches in cork are still in great shape almost 10 years later and make me so happy to look at. It's disappointing the cork fabric quality degraded to the point it didn't meet TB's high expectations and really appreciate that the decision was made to stop making bags with it so that products would live up to the TB name, but another cool/ unusual material would be very fun to add to the collection.

Northern California
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My holy grail backpack, a camera bag with a laptop compartment:

Something along these lines:

https://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/produ..._backpack.html

Forum Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    There have been whole threads about this, but I'm dying for a reissue of the Night Flight.

York, UK
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I haven’t been online for months - so not sure what new additions/bags Ive missed.
    I would LOVE a Night Flight, I have a cheap version which is ok, but it doesn’t have the special refinements or quality of TB!
    S25 Black halcyon/NWS: S19 Grey/UV: WF Black/NWS: Co Pilot Grey/UV, & various little pouches all purples/grey.

Forum Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I’d love an Aubergine and Sitka Brain Bag! And an Alphaviolet L12!

Forum Member
    Springfield, MA
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Nebulous/Solaris Synik 30. A girl can dream.

Also: solaris travel tray.

And I already know @Darcy said shop bags are coming, but that's on my list, too. Nice to know I'm likely to get at least one thing on my list!
    Last edited by Lia; 01-20-2020 at 02:51 PM.

Forum Member
    Buffalo, NY
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    In light of the new Halcyon colors, I would instantly buy a Solaris HLT.

Forum Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    As a mixologist and someone who works in a hotel I and many others I know would absolutely love a duffle bag straps style roll bag made for chefs/bartenders to keep knives or bar tools to take to work everyday. There are a decent amount of chef rolls made but none of which have the quality of Tom Bihn bags and there are very very few bar tool bags made let alone any made with quality. It would definitely be amazing to have a bar roll bag I would be able to take all my tools to work in everyday that I know would last.

Forum Member
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Packing Cube Shoulder Bag in Solaris would be fabulous.

Alabama
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I fished my wish...sitka is coming back 2020 Wish List

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    "Not all who wander are lost"
    "Love people, use things, because the opposite never works" - The Minimalists
    Synapse 25 in Olive, Aubergine Side Effect, UV A30 PCBP, Sitka PCSB

Page 7 of 14 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 ... LastLast