Main TOM BIHN website

emailus@tombihn.com

COMMUNITY FORUMS

Welcome! We're glad you are here. This is the place to ask for bag advice, help other people out, post reviews, and share photos and videos.

x

First, select your desired search engine:

• Google Search
  • DuckDuckGo
  • Original Forum Search Engine

User Tag List

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Shadow Guide?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    What? Now I have to save up to buy 2? Original plan was to buy the SG for hubby, but if there is a shorter one coming out..... Shadow Guide?Shadow Guide?Shadow Guide?

Sent from my SM-N950F using Tapatalk

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Can one of the updates be to line the bag with colored halcyon so it's not a black hole inside? And use the black TB label for that all black stealth look? But still want the red straps for option. Anyway to include waterbottle pockets?

France
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by panda2mama View Post
    What? Now I have to save up to buy 2? Original plan was to buy the SG for hubby, but if there is a shorter one coming out..... Shadow Guide?Shadow Guide?Shadow Guide?

I'm feeling the same way... it makes me want buy them all... (and a SG for my s.o. sounds a good idea too...)

@Darcy,
    What about a smaller version of the Guide Pack ? I love the design but... I'm 4'11... *sob*
    Last edited by Rei; 01-02-2020 at 11:57 PM.
    just a Bihnion here

Forum Member
    New York City
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Can one of the updates be to line the bag with colored halcyon so it's not a black hole inside? And use the black TB label for that all black stealth look? But still want the red straps for option. Anyway to include waterbottle pockets?
    I agree. I skipped out on the Shadow Guide (and the original Guide's Pack) because it is unlined. I don't mind the extra weight. Even if it were lined with Aether instead of Halcyon 200, that would make for a real improvement in my eyes.

Forum Member
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Darcy View Post
    The original size of Shadow Guide will be available. It may or may not have a few design updates (in addition to the Edgeless straps) and that's still being figured out.
    Oh, man ... I wish I knew what those updates might be. I LOVED my Shadow Guide, but sold it last fall. I'd been using it as a travel bag (for two bag travel, with a Side Kick), but I've made a firm commitment to doing yoga at least five times a week, and wanted a bag I could readily strap my travel yoga mat to.

I was planning to buy a Guide's pack (see my thread asking about other Parapack colors), but if the Shadow Guide somehow addressed that, I'd wait. Rather than sewn-in diamonds (as on the Guide's pack), I'd love to see small webbing loops on the outside of the pack that could take straps with a 1 inch gatekeeper on both ends.

But whatever you do, thanks for sharing what you can about your plans!
    Last edited by Buffalonian; 01-03-2020 at 11:38 AM.

Forum Member
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

This. Being able to see what's inside that cavernous interior would be a huge help.

Forum Member
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Can one of the updates be to line the bag with colored halcyon so it's not a black hole inside?
    I'm of a completely different mind: I LIKE that the pack is unlined. When I traveled with my Shadow Guide, anything that wasn't in one of the lid pockets was in a packing cube, a 3D organizer cube, or another organizer, so the visibility of stuff just wasn't an issue. For me, a lining would add to the weight and cost with no real benefit.
    Last edited by Buffalonian; 01-03-2020 at 12:18 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Buffalonian View Post
    I'm of a completely different mind: I LIKE that the pack is unlined, especially since I don't much like halcyon as a bag fabric. When I traveled with my Shadow Guide, anything that wasn't in one of the lid pockets was in a packing cube, a 3D organizer cube, or another organizer, so visibility of stuff just wasn't an issue. For me, a lining would just be needless extra weight.
    I agree, I like the lack of lining and I enjoy how it makes the bag look

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

TOM BIHN Crew (we work here) Darcy's Avatar
    The far west
    Mentioned
    132 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The plot thickens! I asked Nik about lining the Shadow Guide; he said that he can see it both ways... after thinking about it, he says it makes the most sense to him to keep it the way it was made the first time: parts that do need lining will be lined with Cloud, but we won't line parts of the bag that don't otherwise need lining.

Quote Originally Posted by Rei View Post
    @Darcy,
    What about a smaller version of the Guide Pack ? I love the design but... I'm 4'11... *sob*
    Interesting! I have to admit we haven't thought of that... will put it on the list to consider, depending on how the smaller Shadow Guide looks.
    Have a question? @Darcy (to make sure I see it)

Current carry: testing new potential materials in the form of Original Large Shop Bags.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Looking forward to this so much! The anticipation is certainly growing!

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

The far west
    Mentioned
    132 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Alex_Falcone View Post
    Looking forward to this so much! The anticipation is certainly growing!
    It's looking really good. It being the Shadow Guide with a few updates. The new smaller size is also great; fits me (at 5'5" on a good day) well but it'd also work well for those up to 5'11" or so I'd guess. Hope to share more soon!

Current carry: testing new potential materials in the form of Original Large Shop Bags.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Been saving up for this...

The far west
    Mentioned
    132 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Been saving up for this...
    I thought of you when I posted that update!

Forum Member
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Another item to add to the wish list..

@Darcy, will the new Shadow Guide be a limited-edition run? It would be helpful to know so that I can prioritise purchases. Smilie

The far west
    Mentioned
    132 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by roychen View Post
    @Darcy, will the new Shadow Guide be a limited-edition run? It would be helpful to know so that I can prioritise purchases. Smilie
    It's very likely we'll debut it as a single pre-order event and decide based on the popularity of that whether it's a design we continually offer, a design that we offer as an occasional pre-order, or a just-this-once design. I can't imagine it'd be the last one, though, based on what I've seen.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast