Main TOM BIHN website

emailus@tombihn.com

COMMUNITY FORUMS

Welcome! We're glad you are here. This is the place to ask for bag advice, help other people out, post reviews, and share photos and videos.

x

First, select your desired search engine:

• Google Search
  • DuckDuckGo
  • Original Forum Search Engine

User Tag List

Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: Shadow Guide?

Germany
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Do you have any new information on the timeline? I’m very much looking forward to this. Any chance that it’s going to be available before the end of July? (I guess probably not, what with the pre-order and everything...)

TOM BIHN Crew (we work here) Darcy's Avatar
    The far west
    Mentioned
    273 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by b1gsky View Post
    Do you have any new information on the timeline? I’m very much looking forward to this. Any chance that it’s going to be available before the end of July? (I guess probably not, what with the pre-order and everything...)
    Tough to say at this point. Could be before the end of July, but it really depends on what else is debuting between now and then and when.
    Have a question? @Darcy (to make sure I see it)

Current carry: testing new potential materials in the form of Original Large Shop Bags.

Forum Member
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thank you for all the updates Darcy!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Super duper excited to have this bag to look forward to. Is there any news to speak of?

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

The far west
    Mentioned
    273 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Alex_Falcone View Post
    Super duper excited to have this bag to look forward to. Is there any news to speak of?
    The metal dies for the Shadow Guide V2 have been ordered.... once we know they're just about to ship to us, we'll begin the pre-production batch.

In the meantime....

Shadow Guide?-shadow-guide-3-jpg

Current carry: testing new potential materials in the form of Original Large Shop Bags.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    AHH yes! What a beautiful bag! Thanks a ton for the update Darcy. It's great to know that this is coming down the pipeline!

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Forum Member
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I know it's not super likely but I'm crazy hopeful of getting more Guide's Packs in addition to the Shadow Guide's.

Forum Member
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Fabulous! The V1 was such a great bag -- I can't wait for details on V2.

Germany
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Looks awesome! How close to the V2 is this prototype? I noticed that the zipper is on the other side of the lid now, which to me makes a lot more sense! The black label looks great too...

The far west
    Mentioned
    273 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by b1gsky View Post
    Looks awesome! How close to the V2 is this prototype? I noticed that the zipper is on the other side of the lid now, which to me makes a lot more sense! The black label looks great too...
    Nice eye for details! This prototype is pretty much the final design.... the zipper is indeed on the other side of the lid and the V2 will be the first(?) bag with the Design Lab label.

Here's another preview.....

Shadow Guide?-shadow-guide-2-jpg-jpg

Volunteer Moderator
    SF Bay area
    Mentioned
    122 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It's moving in the direction of many of the upgraded Smart Alec requests with that laptop section...
    Wink
    I like all the blues and greys...and all the happy citrus colours too! My search unicorn is the Sapphire Dyneema original Small Shop Bag...

France
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My use of the Shadow Guide is as a rucksack for hiking, as opposed to an everyday carry bag. Personally I’m struggling to imagine my use of a laptop with the Shadow Guide. It seems to be overly complicating a rucksack whose key selling point for me was its simplicity and single main compartment? Curious to see how the Shadow Guide v2 fits in with the range of other TB backpack bags? Will be interested to find out what other changes exist, but I’m glad to have the v1. It’s a great bag.
    Last edited by BigBadD; 06-28-2020 at 12:25 PM.

Forum Member
    UK
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by BigBadD View Post
    My use of the Shadow Guide is as a rucksack for hiking, as opposed to an everyday carry bag. Personally I’m struggling to imagine my use of a laptop with the Shadow Guide. It seems to be overly complicating a rucksack whose key selling point for me was it’s simplicity and single main compartment? Curious to see how the Shadow Guide v2 fits in with the range of other TB backpack bags? Will be interested to find out what other changes exist, but I’m glad to have the v1. It’s a great bag.
    I do wish that I still had mine but something had to go at the time! Frown

Forum Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I saw the laptop compartment and thought “oooh, even better” and then “would a water bladder fit in there?” I’ve been hoping that the Shadow Guide would return and am excited by the design changes.

Germany
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If the laptop compartment is similar to the one on the L12 I know I’m going to love it. It was the perfect place to carry my iPad and have it safely out of the way and at the same time it wasn’t in the way at all when empty. It was also a good place to store things like papers and stuff. For me the Shadow Guide would be a bag for everyday use and travel, not really for hiking - I have more technical non TB backpacks for that. The laptop compartment would also be a good place to store travel documents for quick access... I’m also looking forward to the scaled down smaller size.

Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast