Main TOM BIHN website

emailus@tombihn.com

COMMUNITY FORUMS

Welcome! We're glad you are here. This is the place to ask for bag advice, help other people out, post reviews, and share photos and videos.

x

First, select your desired search engine:

• Google Search
  • DuckDuckGo
  • Original Forum Search Engine

User Tag List

Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast

Thread: Shadow Guide?

TOM BIHN Crew (we work here) Darcy's Avatar
    The far west
    Mentioned
    233 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by lang View Post
    I asked Tom Bihn customer service about this a few days ago, and they said that they were pretty overwhelmed trying to make enough masks, but that they hoped that it would be available sometime this year.
    We hope to start the Shadow Guide PPB next week or the week after; in addition to being busy making masks, there's been a few delays (foam was delayed, then when it came in it wasn't exactly what we ordered!)

In the meantime, photos + video are done, and I hope to get the page up soon. Here's a preview:

Shadow Guide?-tb_shadow_guide_v2-1138_websize-jpg
    Have a question? @Darcy (to make sure I see it)

Current carry: testing new potential materials in the form of Original Large Shop Bags.

The far west
    Mentioned
    233 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    P.S. That's the 33 liter Shadow Guide. Quiana is 6' tall.

Current carry: testing new potential materials in the form of Original Large Shop Bags.

Volunteer Moderator
    SF Bay area
    Mentioned
    108 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Darcy View Post
    In the meantime, photos + video are done, and I hope to get the page up soon. Here's a preview:
    Did you get your photo studio resituated or is it all outside now?
    I like all the blues and greys...and all the happy citrus colours too! My search unicorn is the Sapphire Dyneema original Small Shop Bag...

The far west
    Mentioned
    233 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by G42 View Post
    Did you get your photo studio resituated or is it all outside now?
    Jenny who was doing more and more of our studio photos in recent times (she does almost all of them now) set up the studio at her house Smilie She uses a flash set-up and I always used hot lights... I am sure the flash is much much nicer to work with in this summer heat!

The photo above was shot by Des & David.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Looks nice!

Can't wait to order one.

I hope it comes in red straps version.

Germany
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I just saw on Facebook that the smaller size is 23 litres - that sounds like a great size! Canít wait.Heart Eyes

Volunteer Moderator
    SF Bay area
    Mentioned
    108 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by b1gsky View Post
    I just saw on Facebook that the smaller size is 23 litres - that sounds like a great size! Can’t wait.Heart Eyes
    For those of us not on FB, let us know if any other new nuggets of knowledge are shared, thanks! Smilie
    I like all the blues and greys...and all the happy citrus colours too! My search unicorn is the Sapphire Dyneema original Small Shop Bag...

Volunteer Moderator
    SF Bay area
    Mentioned
    108 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by mwrklr View Post
    Looks nice!

Can't wait to order one.

I hope it comes in red straps version.
    Welcome to the Forums @mwrklr ! Smilie

Germany
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by G42 View Post
    For those of us not on FB, let us know if any other new nuggets of knowledge are shared, thanks! Smilie
    Will do, if I see it. I'm not a regular FB user either, only registered for the TB group and now have a look from time to time.

Forum Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by b1gsky View Post
    I just saw on Facebook that the smaller size is 23 litres - that sounds like a great size! Can’t wait.Heart Eyes
    Can't wait for more details - that sounds very promising as far as what I am looking for.

Forum Member
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Why is the bottom of this pack angled rather than flat? I am truly curious. A flat bottom seems like a practical design in my mind. What am I missing?

Forum Member
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Walker View Post
    Why is the bottom of this pack angled rather than flat? I am truly curious. A flat bottom seems like a practical design in my mind. What am I missing?
    That has always confused me as well... Would be soo nice just to be able to plop this down on the bottom of the pack, but this design forces you to lay it down on the side when you put it down. It seems like there must have been some reason to make it angled like that, but I have no idea what it would be.

My dream pack is basically a Smart Alec (which has a flat bottom), but with a drawstring top instead of a zip top, and the same kind of top flap that the new shadow guide is going to have.

At least they moved the zipper to the top part of the top flap/pouch thing with the new shadow guide, which is a really nice change.

That said, though, I'm still more excited about this pack than I should be about a backpack. It's so close to perfect for me. Must. Have. One!

Forum Member
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Walker View Post
    I read in an article about the original Klettersack that apparently the sloped bottom pulls weight closer to the back. Not sure how true that is though. I'm sure Darcy / Tom / Nik would know better.

Pretty excited about the 33L version, hope to see the page go live soon!

The far west
    Mentioned
    233 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It's very true; the sloped bottom does pull weight closer to the back. We made a sample of the Shadow Guide with a flat bottom to test this and the difference in comfort and weight distribution was noticeable.

Forum Member
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    There is always something new to learn from these fora - thanks @roychen and @Darcy .

I ignored the V1 of this bag due to the size. I am intrigued with the smaller model inV2. I hope the bag comes in colors other than black.

Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast