Main TOM BIHN website
 
emailus@tombihn.com

COMMUNITY FORUMS

Welcome! We're glad you are here. This is the place to ask for bag advice, help other people out, post reviews, and share photos and videos.

x

First, select your desired search engine:

  • Google Search
  • DuckDuckGo
  • Original Forum Search Engine

User Tag List

Page 6 of 11 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 ... LastLast
Results 76 to 90 of 154

Thread: Shadow Guide?

  1. #76
    Forum Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2015
    Posts
    41
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That smaller size is perfect for me since I need to replace my summer day pack. I thought I had read somewhere that this size may also be better for shorter people- is that still the case? I bought the original one but had to return it because it was not a good fit for my 5-2 frame.

    Also, has anyone used the V1 with a hydration bladder? I thought I saw a hydration clip on the backpack strap, but I'm not sure how the bladder would stay in place inside the bag. This is a must for me since I don't want to have to stop for water every time I get thirsty when I'm hiking in the summer.

  2. #77
    TOM BIHN Crew (we work here) Darcy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Share
    The far west
    Posts
    6,298
    Mentioned
    237 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We're working on the pages for the Shadow Guide 33 and Shadow Guide 23... I expect they'll be up next week. SG33 has been cut and sewing will begin next week; SG23 is next up to be cut. I'd estimate both will be stocked and available for order by late October. In the meantime, here's a preview of one of the questions/answers from the Shadow Guide FAQ:


    There’s a new label on the Shadow Guide. What’s Design Lab? What are the three dots?


    The Design Lab edition label is rectangular and slightly smaller than our original label. It has a black background with dark grey text in the foreground; the text on the label is "TOM BIHN" followed by "Design Lab". Next to Design Lab, there are three dots —the therefore sign.

    The Shadow Guide is the first bag we’ve made with our new Design Lab label. Think of bags with the Design Lab label as our experimental side projects — sometimes they’ll be bags we just wanted to make for our own use (Nik designed the Shadow Guide largely for himself) and sometimes they’ll be variations of designs you've requested. Design Lab bags might be made out of limited edition or small batch fabrics or materials; they might be totally utilitarian or akin to a bag-version of some head-scratching experimental jazz.

    Regardless of any of that, Design Lab offerings may or may not become regular offerings, and depending on the quantity we’re able to make, they may or may not sell out quickly. We're not trying to be coy; it's simply that we need to focus our production capacity on what people are most interested in.

    Shadow Guide?-design-lab-label-jpg
    Have a question? @Darcy (to make sure I see it)

    Current carry: testing new potential materials in the form of Original Large Shop Bags.

  3. #78
    Forum Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2020
    Share
    MO
    Posts
    18
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Darcy View Post
    We're working on the pages for the Shadow Guide 33 and Shadow Guide 23... I expect they'll be up next week. SG33 has been cut and sewing will begin next week; SG23 is next up to be cut. I'd estimate both will be stocked and available for order by late October. In the meantime, here's a preview of one of the questions/answers from the Shadow Guide FAQ:


    There’s a new label on the Shadow Guide. What’s Design Lab? What are the three dots?


    The Design Lab edition label is rectangular and slightly smaller than our original label. It has a black background with dark grey text in the foreground; the text on the label is "TOM BIHN" followed by "Design Lab". Next to Design Lab, there are three dots —the therefore sign.

    The Shadow Guide is the first bag we’ve made with our new Design Lab label. Think of bags with the Design Lab label as our experimental side projects — sometimes they’ll be bags we just wanted to make for our own use (Nik designed the Shadow Guide largely for himself) and sometimes they’ll be variations of designs you've requested. Design Lab bags might be made out of limited edition or small batch fabrics or materials; they might be totally utilitarian or akin to a bag-version of some head-scratching experimental jazz.

    Regardless of any of that, Design Lab offerings may or may not become regular offerings, and depending on the quantity we’re able to make, they may or may not sell out quickly. We're not trying to be coy; it's simply that we need to focus our production capacity on what people are most interested in.

    Shadow Guide?-design-lab-label-jpg
    I absolutely can’t wait. This is going to be an awesome bag for me. If you need reviews, I’m your man. Shadow Guide?


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  4. #79
    Forum Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2019
    Posts
    28
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Shadow Guide?

    Very exciting. Eager to see more on product pages!


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  5. #80
    TOM BIHN Crew (we work here) Darcy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Share
    The far west
    Posts
    6,298
    Mentioned
    237 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by halstead.nathan View Post
    I absolutely can’t wait. This is going to be an awesome bag for me. If you need reviews, I’m your man. Shadow Guide?
    There will be pre-release Shadow Guide giveaways here on the Forums and over on the FB group. Production colors of the Shadow Guide are slated to be Black and Ursa -- we decided to narrow it down to two colors for simplicity's sake. That said, we did make a sample of the 23 and a sample of the 33 in two other colors; those are two of the bags we'll be giving away. They're totally one-of-a-kind.
    Have a question? @Darcy (to make sure I see it)

    Current carry: testing new potential materials in the form of Original Large Shop Bags.

  6. #81
    Forum Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2019
    Posts
    28
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Shadow Guide?

    Quote Originally Posted by Darcy View Post
    There will be pre-release Shadow Guide giveaways here on the Forums and over on the FB group. Production colors of the Shadow Guide are slated to be Black and Ursa -- we decided to narrow it down to two colors for simplicity's sake. That said, we did make a sample of the 23 and a sample of the 33 in two other colors; those are two of the bags we'll be giving away. They're totally one-of-a-kind.
    Wow. News keeps getting better and better. Thanks Darcy!


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  7. #82
    Forum Member
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    1,055
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This is a very exciting update, @Darcy . Can you share the dimensions? So we can start building our box models to test the size Smilie.

  8. #83
    TOM BIHN Crew (we work here) Darcy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Share
    The far west
    Posts
    6,298
    Mentioned
    237 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Walker View Post
    This is a very exciting update, @Darcy . Can you share the dimensions? So we can start building our box models to test the size Smilie.
    As you wish!

    23 liter = Dimensions: 12.6" (w) x 19.3" (h) x 9.0" (d) / 320 (w) x 490 (h) x 230 (d) mm

    33 liter = Dimensions: 14" (w) x 21.7" (h) x 9.0" (d) / 355 (w) x 550 (h) x 230 (d) mm
    Have a question? @Darcy (to make sure I see it)

    Current carry: testing new potential materials in the form of Original Large Shop Bags.

  9. #84
    Forum Member b1gsky's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2015
    Share
    Germany
    Posts
    616
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Oh wow, that’s totally awesome! Can’t wait until the end of October. And how awesome that you will be offering those special colors as a giveaway! I would love to win the SG23.

    But, deciding between Black and Ursa? That’s going to be difficult. I think the SG looks awesome in black, but I can see it in Ursa too. I have a MCB in Ursa on the way, my first bigger bag in this color. I probably need to carry it for a while and then decide.

  10. #85
    Forum Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2019
    Posts
    28
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Will this one be lined with anything or similar to Shadow Guide now?


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  11. #86
    TOM BIHN Crew (we work here) Darcy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Share
    The far west
    Posts
    6,298
    Mentioned
    237 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by b1gsky View Post
    But, deciding between Black and Ursa? That’s going to be difficult. I think the SG looks awesome in black, but I can see it in Ursa too. I have a MCB in Ursa on the way, my first bigger bag in this color. I probably need to carry it for a while and then decide.
    We were pretty committed to offering just Black to keep things simple given our limited production capacity but then we saw it in Ursa and were like, okay, things just got a little more complicated...

    Quote Originally Posted by djkindred View Post
    Will this one be lined with anything or similar to Shadow Guide now?
    Not lined; in that respect, it's the same as the original Shadow Guide.
    Have a question? @Darcy (to make sure I see it)

    Current carry: testing new potential materials in the form of Original Large Shop Bags.

  12. #87
    Volunteer Moderator
    Join Date
    Sep 2017
    Share
    SF Bay area
    Posts
    2,189
    Mentioned
    109 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Darcy View Post
    As you wish!

    23 liter = Dimensions: 12.6" (w) x 19.3" (h) x 9.0" (d) / 320 (w) x 490 (h) x 230 (d) mm

    33 liter = Dimensions: 14" (w) x 21.7" (h) x 9.0" (d) / 355 (w) x 550 (h) x 230 (d) mm
    Interesting....

    The Smart Alec was listed as 11.75 x 18.5 x 7.75" and 26L

    So the SA is smaller in dimensions but larger in capacity? I'm assuming the slanted bottom accounts for that - anything else on the geometry that would impact it?
    I like all the blues and greys...and all the happy citrus colours too! My search unicorn is the Sapphire Dyneema original Small Shop Bag...

  13. #88
    Forum Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2019
    Posts
    14
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I am so excited for the SG23 and the giveaway. I can’t wait to see it in Ursa (and the giveaway colors!)! I’ve been looking forward to the SG coming back for awhile and am really glad it’s in two sizes for us shorter folks!

  14. #89
    Forum Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2015
    Posts
    644
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks for the update, @Darcy . As a huge Smart Alec lover, I am very interested in seeing the 23L Shadow Guide and how the two bags compare. Really excited to see it in Ursa too. For anyone who hasn't seen Ursa in person, request a swatch. It's a really beautiful rich espresso color that is a great neutral and an alternative to plain black. I love my little Side Effect in Ursa/UV, conservative on the outside but fun on the inside.
    Seeking Solar shop bags and Solar packing cube shoulder bag Spring Also coveting an Iberian Synapse or Copilot

  15. #90
    Forum Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2018
    Posts
    40
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Woo! Been looking forward to this since we first heard it it would be coming back. This is going to look great in Ursa.

Page 6 of 11 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 ... LastLast

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •