Main TOM BIHN website

emailus@tombihn.com

COMMUNITY FORUMS

Welcome! We're glad you are here. This is the place to ask for bag advice, help other people out, post reviews, and share photos and videos.

x

First, select your desired search engine:

• Google Search
  • DuckDuckGo
  • Original Forum Search Engine

User Tag List

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Shadow Guide?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Lightbulb Shadow Guide?

Hi All!
    I was wondering if anyone else was looking to see another run of the shadow guide? Maybe i have a unique taste but i loved that bag but unfortunately i wasnt quick enough on the trigger and i missed the boat. I have also been trying to buy one but theyre simply never listed on ebay or anything of the sort. I would appreciate any input or encouragement as to how to stay hopeful! thanks all!

Volunteer Moderator
    SF Bay area
    Mentioned
    74 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Alex_Falcone View Post
    Hi All!
    I was wondering if anyone else was looking to see another run of the shadow guide? Maybe i have a unique taste but i loved that bag but unfortunately i wasnt quick enough on the trigger and i missed the boat. I have also been trying to buy one but theyre simply never listed on ebay or anything of the sort. I would appreciate any input or encouragement as to how to stay hopeful! thanks all!
    Welcome to the Forums @Alex_Falcone!

Hopefully you've signed up in the notification box on the Shadow Guide product page; that gives TB an indication of the interest in another run of the pack, as well as posts such as yours (and 'likes' of your post).

I think it's a cool pack, but I'm too short for it Smilie
    I like all the blues and greys...and all the happy citrus colours too! My search unicorn is the Sapphire Dyneema original Small Shop Bag...

Forum Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I too am waiting for the shadow guide to return, and asked about it in the 2019 wish list thread, this was in august. I was lucky enough to get a response from @Darcy...

08-08-2019, 04:15 PM#454

Originally Posted by ffs View Post
    Is there any realistic chance of the Shadow Guide making a re-appearance? Trying to decide if I should go all in on a second hand one that is being sold.. even if the Shadow Guide wont be produced again for a year or years I don't mind waiting, but I would hate to miss the opportunity and never be able to get my hands on what seems to be the perfect bag to me.
    @G42 is right: the quickest answer is from our stellar crew (Kat, Cody, Matthew, Mike) but I happened to see this, so I'll answer as well.

It's entirely possible we will make another production run of the Shadow Guide. It could happen this year, but is more likely to happen early-mid next year. Because our production capacity is limited, we try to remain open/nimble to responding to various changes and demands, so that's why I can't offer a for-sure. If you don't mind waiting that long, I'd say wait.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thank you so much for this info! I had no of any decisions potentially being made

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

TOM BIHN Crew (we work here) Darcy's Avatar
    The far west
    Mentioned
    169 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I do think it's quite likely we'll be offering another production run of the Shadow Guide before the end of 2020!
    Have a question? @Darcy (to make sure I see it)

Current carry: testing new potential materials in the form of Original Large Shop Bags.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    @Darcy thank you so much for this information! I can say that I for one am eagerly awaiting the Shadow Guide's return!!!

Forum Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Darcy View Post
    I do think it's quite likely we'll be offering another production run of the Shadow Guide before the end of 2020!
    Any chance it will have the new edgeless Straps...?

The far west
    Mentioned
    169 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ffs View Post
    Any chance it will have the new edgeless Straps...?
    Yes, it will.

Current carry: testing new potential materials in the form of Original Large Shop Bags.

Germany
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I love the look of the Shadow Guide, but just like G42 I'm too short for it. How about a shorter Shadow Guide for smaller people? Kind of like the Synapses and Synics?

The far west
    Mentioned
    169 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by b1gsky View Post
    I love the look of the Shadow Guide, but just like G42 I'm too short for it. How about a shorter Shadow Guide for smaller people? Kind of like the Synapses and Synics?
    It's so fun when I get to do this: so... Nik has already patterned a smaller version of the Shadow Guide. We'll see how its proportions shake out once the actual sample gets made in January/February sometime.

FWIW, not to anyone in particular and just in general: I'm just about 5'5" and I carry a Guide's Pack (same length as the Shadow Guide) hiking. It may technically be a little long for me, but I don't find that it is uncomfortable at all (quite the opposite). Your mileage may vary; I'm just putting it out there that shorter folks can sometimes wear a longer pack, if they're comfortable doing so.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Will the original shadow guide still be available?

The far west
    Mentioned
    169 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Alex_Falcone View Post
    Will the original shadow guide still be available?
    The original size of Shadow Guide will be available. It may or may not have a few design updates (in addition to the Edgeless straps) and that's still being figured out.

Silicon Valley
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It super awesome you're sharing this level of detail with us! Makes being part of the community that much more fun!

Germany
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Darcy View Post
    It's so fun when I get to do this: so... Nik has already patterned a smaller version of the Shadow Guide. We'll see how its proportions shake out once the actual sample gets made in January/February sometime.

FWIW, not to anyone in particular and just in general: I'm just about 5'5" and I carry a Guide's Pack (same length as the Shadow Guide) hiking. It may technically be a little long for me, but I don't find that it is uncomfortable at all (quite the opposite). Your mileage may vary; I'm just putting it out there that shorter folks can sometimes wear a longer pack, if they're comfortable doing so.
    Darcy, thanks so much for letting us know! That’s awesome. Looking forward to see how the smaller version turns out. Smilie

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thank you so much for sharing! This is such a wonderful community to be a part of

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast