Main TOM BIHN website

emailus@tombihn.com

COMMUNITY FORUMS

Welcome! We're glad you are here. This is the place to ask for bag advice, help other people out, post reviews, and share photos and videos.

x

First, select your desired search engine:

• Google Search
  • DuckDuckGo
  • Original Forum Search Engine

User Tag List

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
    Los Angeles, CA
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by carrot View Post
    I really, really wish the Pop Tote had D-rings for a shoulder strap. I would use it cross-body often.
    Ditto! Pop Tote is almost perfect. Water bottle pockets need to be bigger, and it needs a cross-body option.

Forum Member
    New York City
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by readmore View Post
    Ditto! Pop Tote is almost perfect. Water bottle pockets need to be bigger, and it needs a cross-body option.
    Oh yeah. Bigger pockets would make a huge difference also. They’re just a bit narrow for my hands when I put small stuff in them and also too narrow for most bottles!

Forum Member
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by sd2102 View Post

I didn't buy the makers bag before because it didn't seem very secure (important for places that I travel), but maybe it would be good for transit at least. Is there any chance it would fit all of the above?
    I think all of that would fit quite well in a MB. I don't have a DSLR, otherwise I'd do a test pack and take a picture for you.
    A30 - Original Halcyon/UV MB - Aubergine/NWS LCB - Original Halcyon/Wasabi! MCB - Steel dyneema/Wasabi! STT - Wasabi! SE - NORDIC/Solar TT - Sitka

TB Newbie Rainbow First factory visit - 9/21/2018

Heart’s desire: a S19 or S25 in original NORDIC.

Forum Member
    Maryland
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The Maker's bag would fit all of your items (and maybe more) but I get the security part as it doesn't zip closed. I definitely agree with others that it would be nice to have the Pop Tote modified to be a cross-body bag.

Silicon Valley
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Globetrottngal View Post
    I cannot figure out which EDC bag/purse to use. I need more than just the A45, but not as much as my WF.
    ah-HAH! This is the hole in the TB line: If you're rocking an A30/45 or WF/TS in backpack mode, what's the 2nd bag?????

* The pilot is just a bit too small, the co-pilot definitely too small
    * The S25/S19 are perfect, but not shoulder bags
    * The mini & small YDs, don't have enough built-in organization
    * The WF is way too big
    * The MB is too small and not a travel bag
    * The cadet is too small and too rectangular, as is the EB

I want a shoulder S19. I WANT ONE!
    Last edited by GrussGott; 01-07-2020 at 07:39 PM.

Volunteer Moderator
    SF Bay area
    Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by GrussGott View Post
    ah-HAH! This is the hole in the TB line: If you're rocking an A30/45 or WF/TS in backpack mode, what's the 2nd bag?????
    I usually just go for the small or large ZTSB
    I like all the blues and greys...and all the happy citrus colours too! My search unicorn is the Sapphire Dyneema original Small Shop Bag...

Forum Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mrs_Wilde View Post
    The Maker's bag would fit all of your items (and maybe more) but I get the security part as it doesn't zip closed. I definitely agree with others that it would be nice to have the Pop Tote modified to be a cross-body bag.
    I didn't pay it much attention when it came out because of that, but if it will fit everything I need I may just need to order one and test it out. I usually have my empty side effect packed in my A45 so I can always use that once I get to my destination since I won't need to carry everything each day. Thanks!

Forum Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I've tried a whole bunch of options as the small companion to my A45, and the Pop Tote is the best I've come up with so far. I pin the straps in with the A45 straps/chest clip if I'm rushing around the airport. Otherwise, I just shoulder or crook of elbow carry, swapping off sides from time to time.

I tried really hard to make the Maker's Bag with Absolute strap work instead, as that is such a comfortable carry. I just prefer the way Pop Tote stands up and is tall and more narrow than the short and wide MB.
    --Amanda

Packing and gadget geek, collecting bags to disperse to my family.

Forum Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by GrussGott View Post

* The pilot is just a bit too small, the co-pilot definitely too small
    * The S25/S19 are perfect, but not shoulder bags
    * The mini & small YDs, don't have enough built-in organization
    * The WF is way too big
    * The MB is too small and not a travel bag
    * The cadet is too small and too rectangular, as is the EB

I want a shoulder S19. I WANT ONE!
    My standard business travel load out for years now has been an A45 and a Pilot. I have flipped between using the A45 in backpack and shoulder strap mode, have no issues with carrying the Pilot in either arrangement.

I do prefer smaller laptops these days (e.g. Surface Pro) but have used the Pilot with a Razer Blade 14" with no issues.

Love the fact that I can generally fit the Pilot under the seat in front of me in an upright mode, so don't have to play the game of trying to get both bags into the overhead bins in order to actually have some room for my feet (I'm 6'2" 220lbs so need all the room I can get).

Forum Member
    Sweden
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Pop tote hack suggestion: sew black 1” webbing loops to the top of the fold that makes the outer pocket (don’t forget to seal the edges) then use gatekeeper clips to attach a strap. Or, sew a d-ring into the loop and you can use your absolute strap.

I usually use my pop tote as food and blanket bag and my beloved sidekick as a cross body bag when traveling with the A30. I travel mostly by train which means longer trips and shorter transfers than flying, and I frequently buy things at stations during transfers. The sidekick can fit in either bag. But I no longer need both hands free for kids since they are older -usually one hand will do, and the pop tote is easy to put hats gloves and kids backpacks in if necessary.
    Last edited by ejvc; 01-10-2020 at 01:54 AM.

Volunteer Moderator
    SF Bay area
    Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by dc_in_sf View Post
    Love the fact that I can generally fit the Pilot under the seat in front of me in an upright mode, so don't have to play the game of trying to get both bags into the overhead bins in order to actually have some room for my feet (I'm 6'2" 220lbs so need all the room I can get).
    Welcome to the Forums @dc_in_sf! The Pilot is super useful that way

If 'sf' stands for San Francisco, then I'll also say welcome to the neighborhood - I'm over in east bay Smilie
    I like all the blues and greys...and all the happy citrus colours too! My search unicorn is the Sapphire Dyneema original Small Shop Bag...

Silicon Valley
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by G42 View Post
    Welcome to the Forums @dc_in_sf! The Pilot is super useful that way

If 'sf' stands for San Francisco, then I'll also say welcome to the neighborhood - I'm over in east bay Smilie
    san jose, w00t!

Manhattan. I haven't flown on a plane since the '90s.
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I find the perfect companion to my A45 is my Ristretto (with the Absolute Shoulder Strap, which is the strap I use with the Ristretto for EDC); it's deeper than the Cafe bags and the Maker's Bag (and as a result, because of that depth and despite its flap design, more secure), and more structured thanks to the heavier material.

As a bonus, the Ristretto is actually designed specifically for carrying a laptop, so your dedicated laptop space is in the "action" bag that stays at your side at all times.

Wisconsin
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    For that second bag, I wish there were more options for a 15" MacBook Pro. With my Halycon Maker's Bag, my 15" fits in there with a cache. It's tight and works but it's not a travel bag. I love the Ristretto idea but it's only for a 13" laptop. I wish the Pilot would work with a 15" laptop, assuming it doesn't based on its size.

My Synapse 25 is great but as others have mentioned, when using an A45 or other big travel bag in backpack mode another backpack is not going to work. The Cadet looks decent for a 15" laptop but looks like it couldn't hold much else.
    Family, Guitar, Design, Travel....get after it!

France
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeff A View Post
    I wish the Pilot would work with a 15" laptop, assuming it doesn't based on its size.
    A 15” Macbook Pro (at least the late-2016 model I have) does fit, just, in a cache in a Pilot. Only just, but not straining zips or bag material.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast