Main TOM BIHN website

emailus@tombihn.com

COMMUNITY FORUMS

Welcome! We're glad you are here. This is the place to ask for bag advice, help other people out, post reviews, and share photos and videos.

x

First, select your desired search engine:

• Google Search
  • DuckDuckGo
  • Original Forum Search Engine

User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Forum Member
    Perth, Australia
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

DLBC the master of the Daylights?

I just got a DLBC. It is a fantastic bag! Surprising amount of space. Itís all flat space which is a bit of a shame for me but Iíll get over that.

What I canít believe though is the organisation! So simple yet so handy. The divider between the front pockets is my absolute favourite feature. Itís a feature that would divide many people I guess (pun intended DLBC the master of the Daylights?) I wish the DLBP had some handy functions like that.

Iím really impressed with the DLBC. Great work TB!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Vancouver, WA
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I concur.

I love my DLBC (black halcyon/NWS). I recently discovered that a fabric 3D Organizer Cube will fit in one of those front divider pockets. I keep my laptop charger (Dell Latitude) and other computer cables in it, and it fits! I was very pleased with that.

My favorite is the back zippered pocket, though. That thing holds so much without seeming to compromise the main compartment.

Just a genius little bag.

Volunteer Moderator
    SF Bay area
    Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I use the DLBC when I travel for work and want a super minimal laptop bag that I can re-purpose for a walk-around-the-city bag on the weekend. I love the flexibility of the 400d halcyon...and I have a new-to-me Plum Cordura that is old enough to be broken in/not stiff.
    I like all the blues and greys...and all the happy citrus colours too! My search unicorn is the Sapphire Dyneema original Small Shop Bag...

Forum Member
    Buffalo, NY
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I've been thinking of getting one, but I'm not sure. Does anyone have experience with putting a larger than 13" laptop inside one? Most of the laptops I'm looking at for grad school (Thinkpad X1 carbon, mostly) are around 14".

Forum Member
    Minnesota
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    For what it's worth, I believe a ThinkPad X1 Carbon fits in mostly the same places as an "old" MacBook Air 13, including the 13A (and old AIR13) Cache, which in turn should fit in the DLBC. (I only know this because my current work laptop (X1 Yoga previous gen) is a bit larger and does *not* fit in those Caches.)

My DLBC is being delivered tomorrow, and I am excited to check the fit with the sleeve I have at home.

Edited to add: you can always check with Customer Service: they're very helpful with device fit questions!
    Last edited by x3n0n; 01-10-2020 at 10:13 AM.

Forum Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Skirata44 View Post
    I've been thinking of getting one, but I'm not sure. Does anyone have experience with putting a larger than 13" laptop inside one? Most of the laptops I'm looking at for grad school (Thinkpad X1 carbon, mostly) are around 14".
    X1 Carbon fits without issue in a DLBC. I used to have a Gen 5 or Gen 6. And I agree.... The DLBC is a gem in the lineup and a very popular bag for the one baggers to stow!

Forum Member
    Buffalo, NY
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by biaxid3nt View Post
    X1 Carbon fits without issue in a DLBC. I used to have a Gen 5 or Gen 6. And I agree.... The DLBC is a gem in the lineup and a very popular bag for the one baggers to stow!
    That's super useful, thanks a ton! I'm thinking of getting either a 6th or 7th gen one, so it's nice to know that it'll fit no matter what. And yeah, being able to use it as a squish able daypack while I onebag is really tempting. Think it moved up a few spots on my priority list now...

Forum Member
    Brooklyn, NY
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Skirata44 View Post
    I often use my Red Blend DLBC for my 14" screen Thinkpad T490s in a neoprene sleeve (Amazon, not a TB Cache) and it fits great. The DLBC is a great bag, bottomless for its size, with just the right organization. Cannot recommend it highly enough!

Forum Member
    Boulder Colorado
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'll pile on to this bag lovefest. I have recently been packing my Dell XPS 13 in it's cache in an old(er) linen cordura DLBC when out on trips in my A45. It packs great and is my bag of choice for getting to the office from the hotel.
    After playing with the Icon, the DLBC is about the same size but the top zipper allows the laptop where the Icon is better for smaller things and it wraps the body a bit better than the DLBC.

As for as the master of the daylights I am not so sure. The backpack is also great for using as a packing cube to then be used after arrival at a destination where loads of walking is involved.

Forum Member
    Minnesota
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I did receive my DLBC today, and my X1 Yoga in an off-brand neoprene sleeve fits very well. I'm planning to use this as my EDC for a while, and maybe as a packable walking-around bag for travel.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The DLBC is a great "personal" bag. The zippers keep everything in the bag when its under the seat. It has plenty of room for a tablet, small camera, documents, chargers and cables and a liquids bag. It's big enough for a day bag and light enough to use in a "onebag" approach. A memobottle A6 flat sided water bottle is a good marriage with this bag.

For reference the 13C Cache fits well in the DLBC. The Travel Cublet makes a nice organizer for half the main compartment. A medium Cafe bag Freudian Slip *just* fits being slightly tight on the top-bottom dimension.

This is another bag that would work well with the Op/Tech "mini Absolute" strap.

Forum Member
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ditto to all of that. The DLBC is great. I spent three weeks in Colombia with a Shadow Guide as my main bag and the DLBC as my personal item and EDC.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Now, to have a DLBC the size of a Pilot or Maker's bag (and a water bottle pocket): the mind boggles Smilie

Forum Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by DWSeattle View Post
    Now, to have a DLBC the size of a Pilot or Maker's bag (and a water bottle pocket): the mind boggles Smilie
    A separate water bottle pocket or a internal water bottle loop like the Luminary?

I agree with the XL size DLBC. I like my DLBC and I also recently acquired a Pilot. If the 15-17 L capacity of the Pilot were in a DLBC style, it would flex well as a office or clothes carry. I tried my Pilot with clothes and the internal organization compromised simplicity of packing with too much Tetris. I also think it would fit the niche of the NFTD as personal item with as much or more utility.

Onto the XL DLBC idea I will add the feature of clamshell opening with something to allow a stop for zipper pulls at top opening length, but allow clamshell opening when desired 1. Allow use as a A45 packing cube 2. Clamshell would be like NFTD for duffel like accessibility 3. Provide a clothes carry, laptop bag dimensioned personal item to pair with backpack carried bag.

Forum Member
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I really like my DLBC.I paired it with a TB Absolute Strap which also has an OpTech tag on it. Turns out this strap also has a smaller pad attached as well. The original halcyon DLBC also has side attachment clips. When did this change?

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast