Main TOM BIHN website

emailus@tombihn.com

COMMUNITY FORUMS

Welcome! We're glad you are here. This is the place to ask for bag advice, help other people out, post reviews, and share photos and videos.

x

First, select your desired search engine:

• Google Search
  • DuckDuckGo
  • Original Forum Search Engine

User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Forum Member
    NC Appalachians
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by b1gsky View Post
    TB now sells key straps with split rings and I have mine permanently fixed to the key strap
    Ahhhh I had not realized that TB sells split ring key straps!!! Putting a couple of those on my wish list so I can add them to my upcoming order. I have thought several times about removing the snaphook but never got around to it, plus I use it with my TB keystraps. The split ring key strap is a much better solution, so thank you!!!

Forum Member
    NC Appalachians
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by LordAnubis View Post
    I recently got to see a organiser wallet. And it did intrigue me. Way too big to carry in your pocket but it got me thinking maybe there should be a ghost whale wallet. Couldn’t be too hard to sew the dividers in I wouldn’t imagine?
    Attaching dividers wouldn't be too hard, but I don't know how you'd keep the coins from shifting into adjacent spaces. In my experience dividers don't work with loose change; coins really need a separated pocket. I had thought about using a GWP for a wallet (see, I've really explored every option I can think of for a TB wallet haha) because that zipper provides such easy access, but that zipper is also an issue because if I unzip it far enough to access coins, etc, it would be all too easy for my clumsy hands to spill everything. Someone more graceful and adept might manage it just fine.

I carry the clear organizer wallet (COW) in my pocket sometimes, although I wouldn't say that it slides easily in, but not because of the size. The snaphook often gets in the way (but I'm off to solve that problem thanks to @b1gsky ) but it's more that the urethane panel is rather sticky, especially in our temperate rainforest climate, so it doesn't glide into a pocket (on jeans or a pack) easily. I also have to clean the urethane fairly often because it gets cloudy for some odd reason. I'd much rather have a mesh front. Just throwing that out there in case TB has any future plans for designing more wallets. Smilie

Forum Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by LordAnubis View Post
    I recently got to see a organiser wallet. And it did intrigue me. Way too big to carry in your pocket but it got me thinking maybe there should be a ghost whale wallet. Couldn’t be too hard to sew the dividers in I wouldn’t imagine?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I have bought (wasted) so much money trying wallet after wallet after wallet. The TB Clear Organizer Wallet is the one I have found that works best for me. It's not too big (I carry it in my front right pocket) and holds everything I need. My only suggestion for improvement: I wish the zipper was on the very top instead of the side. I also wish TB would make a larger version that would fit a Passport

Forum Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Carolina View Post
    I have bought (wasted) so much money trying wallet after wallet after wallet. The TB Clear Organizer Wallet is the one I have found that works best for me. It's not too big (I carry it in my front right pocket) and holds everything I need. My only suggestion for improvement: I wish the zipper was on the very top instead of the side. I also wish TB would make a larger version that would fit a Passport
    In a similar style, a small Organizer Pouch or a small Double Organizer Pouch fits a passport. I could also see value in a passport wallet being like a medium DOP with front pocket being like a Clear Organizer wallet with the Ultrasuede dividers. Bonus to that size is a small OP size fits American currency unfolded.

Forum Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Re: the question of a Mini/wallet-sized DOP, I happened across an old post the other day as to why that hasn't happened:

Quote Originally Posted by Darcy View Post
    Oh yeah: it's unlikely we'll ever make a Mini… in the mock-up/sample we made, the front strip of clear urethane was just too minimal to be useful.
    I've used a COW for about a decade now and have also found it the best I've tried for my needs as well, and like Carolina, I also carry it in the front-right pocket. Even with pockets in women's clothing being as pathetic as they are, I have no trouble with the COW in jeans or casual pants and certain dress pants, though the snaphook (unremoved) and stickiness of the clear side can sometimes be a challenge for me as well. Pockets in certain women's dress pants, however, are indeed a problem. (See pockets in women's clothing being pathetic.)

Not super minimalist, but depending on how much you're carrying, a Super Mini Ghost Whale can be jammed into a COW to be used as a coin section, but because of the zipper placement, you'd have to keep removing it to access it. Over time the wallet would likely stretch to make it easier, but still an extra step. (Would work better if the GWs had two-way zippers.)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Skirata44 View Post
    I just got a Slimfold Nano soft shell wallet for Christmas, so far it's fantastic. I really do love those uber-minimalistic kinds of wallets, and I think it'd be neat if TB tried to make a super small one.
    I second that. Slimfold is the actual benchmark and state of the art. I own the micro Tyvek and the micro soft shell. They also have a new model that is able to store coins too but I prefer to carry coins in my pockets.

Vancouver, BC
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Have any of you considered the pocket pouch as a minimal wallet?

https://www.tombihn.com/collections/...nt=16455320711

The smallest of the knitting tool pouches might also work, with the clear window and the ballistic side pieces providing somewhere for you to slide a few coins, perhaps?

https://www.tombihn.com/collections/...nt=16409105159

Sent from my SM-G975W using Tapatalk

Forum Member
    Perth, Australia
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ChristaG View Post
    Have any of you considered the pocket pouch as a minimal wallet?

https://www.tombihn.com/collections/...nt=16455320711

The smallest of the knitting tool pouches might also work, with the clear window and the ballistic side pieces providing somewhere for you to slide a few coins, perhaps?

https://www.tombihn.com/collections/...nt=16409105159

Sent from my SM-G975W using Tapatalk
    Yeah I tried the pocket pouch. Again I found it just too big.

I’m absolutely thrilled with my more minimalist wallet though. It’s been working out perfectly for me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2