Main TOM BIHN website
 
emailus@tombihn.com

COMMUNITY FORUMS

Welcome! We're glad you are here. This is the place to ask for bag advice, help other people out, post reviews, and share photos and videos.

x

First, select your desired search engine:

  • Google Search
  • DuckDuckGo
  • Original Forum Search Engine

User Tag List

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
Results 16 to 30 of 50
  1. #16
    Forum Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2015
    Share
    Perth, Australia
    Posts
    247
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by trundle_on View Post
    Some of the GE Syniks are going to be lined with Solaris. I don't think I can handle this

    Sent from my ONEPLUS A3000 using Tapatalk
    I don’t think this is true. The GE will only come in coyote lining. The regular Syniks though look like they will come with some variants with Solaris lining.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  2. #17
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Sep 2019
    Posts
    9
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ah, you're right! All GE editions will be lined with 210 Coyote. I got too excited by the news and confused myself.

    Sent from my ONEPLUS A3000 using Tapatalk

  3. #18
    Forum Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Posts
    154
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I am SO TORN between Ursa and Wilderness. Green is above all colors my favorite, and I love wilderness and how close it is to my Conifer S19. But that Ursa with the Coyote? *swoon* And they're only maybe keeping one of the new colors longer-term? *cry*. I'm just going to have to replace my DLBP with the Wilderness then. Might need all sorts of extra items in these colors + solaris and sitka whenever it shows up

  4. #19
    Forum Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2019
    Posts
    8
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The green, the green, the green. I may have to spend $300 on another bag. I always carry a black pack, but that green is incredible.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  5. #20
    Forum Member haraya's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Posts
    1,513
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Am considering the GE Synik 22 in either Nebulous or Aubergine. I love purple, although Alphaviolet is my favorite of the purple shades that TB offers. However, the grey seems like it would lend itself to more situations, being more neutral. I wonder though if the trim makes it too casual for a business environment? (I know I can go with an all-black edition but my bags are perhaps the one area where I want to break away from the "little black dress" aesthetic.)

    I don't even travel for work much at all. However, when I traveled with a laptop in December, I got so flustered that I picked up the (unzippered) case I had it in, and inadvertently flung it to the floor. (It survived with just a small dent in one corner.) I've thought about leather cases and other style-forward options, but the most important thing a bag needs to do is get me through security with the minimum of fuss. My Smart Alec swallowed up my computer and quite a few other things, but ultimately was too big for comfort and for carrying around my EDC at my destination. Really hoping the (GE) Synik 22 will be the magic combination of size and functionality.

  6. #21
    Forum Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2019
    Posts
    1
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hello I have the Synik 22 and synapse 25. In terms of everyday carry I think you can’t go wrong with the 22.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  7. #22
    Volunteer Moderator
    Join Date
    Sep 2017
    Share
    SF Bay area
    Posts
    1,898
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Juan View Post
    Hello I have the Synik 22 and synapse 25. In terms of everyday carry I think you can’t go wrong with the 22.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Welcome to the Forums Juan!
    Smilie
    I like all the blues and greys...and all the happy citrus colours too! My search unicorn is the Sapphire Dyneema original Small Shop Bag...

  8. #23
    Forum Member haraya's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Posts
    1,513
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Funny question, but any Parisians around to weigh in? Embarrassment Would a GE SN 22 in Nebulous/Coyote stick out like a sore thumb? Occasionally I have to travel to Paris for work, and while I'm never going to win awards for high style, I do want to make a nod to the local aesthetic. On my last trip I saw some folks carrying backpacks big enough for computers, but either all-leather or leather/canvas.

    Maybe I should just consider the SN22 as my transit bag, and pack a light dressy tote for my work EDC once I arrive?

    Quote Originally Posted by haraya View Post
    Am considering the GE Synik 22 in either Nebulous or Aubergine. I love purple, although Alphaviolet is my favorite of the purple shades that TB offers. However, the grey seems like it would lend itself to more situations, being more neutral. I wonder though if the trim makes it too casual for a business environment? (I know I can go with an all-black edition but my bags are perhaps the one area where I want to break away from the "little black dress" aesthetic.)

    I don't even travel for work much at all. However, when I traveled with a laptop in December, I got so flustered that I picked up the (unzippered) case I had it in, and inadvertently flung it to the floor. (It survived with just a small dent in one corner.) I've thought about leather cases and other style-forward options, but the most important thing a bag needs to do is get me through security with the minimum of fuss. My Smart Alec swallowed up my computer and quite a few other things, but ultimately was too big for comfort and for carrying around my EDC at my destination. Really hoping the (GE) Synik 22 will be the magic combination of size and functionality.

  9. #24
    Forum Member Rei's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2018
    Share
    France
    Posts
    286
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by haraya View Post
    Funny question, but any Parisians around to weigh in? Embarrassment Would a GE SN 22 in Nebulous/Coyote stick out like a sore thumb? Occasionally I have to travel to Paris for work, and while I'm never going to win awards for high style, I do want to make a nod to the local aesthetic. On my last trip I saw some folks carrying backpacks big enough for computers, but either all-leather or leather/canvas.

    Maybe I should just consider the SN22 as my transit bag, and pack a light dressy tote for my work EDC once I arrive?
    I'm a Parisian but I'm in love with my Mars Red GES25 so I'm biased xD

    more seriously, as long it does not clash with your clothes/outfit I think it would be fine (Grey is a safe choice) maybe not fashionable but not weird neither
    just a Bihnion here

  10. #25
    Forum Member haraya's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Posts
    1,513
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thank you Rei!! Next time I'm in town I shall be on the lookout for your Mars Red GES25, I'm sure you bring a pop of colour everywhere you go! Heart Eyes

    Quote Originally Posted by Rei View Post
    I'm a Parisian but I'm in love with my Mars Red GES25 so I'm biased xD

    more seriously, as long it does not clash with your clothes/outfit I think it would be fine (Grey is a safe choice) maybe not fashionable but not weird neither

  11. #26
    Forum Member Rei's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2018
    Share
    France
    Posts
    286
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by haraya View Post
    Thank you Rei!! Next time I'm in town I shall be on the lookout for your Mars Red GES25, I'm sure you bring a pop of colour everywhere you go! Heart Eyes
    please do Big Grin
    actually I use my GES25 more for leisure days (and always with me when travel) cause it's way too big on me for EDC x,D
    just a Bihnion here

  12. #27
    Forum Member haraya's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Posts
    1,513
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks for the help, Rei!

    In the end... I went with good ol' basic black in the GE SN22 edition. Big Grin Embarrassment Can't go wrong with a neutral, right? Now just have to wait and see if it fits me and my use case!

  13. #28
    Forum Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2017
    Posts
    22
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I pulled the trigger on the Wilderness Synik 22 GE.

    Because:
    (a) gorgeous colour. Just. beautiful. I actually drooled on my keyboard when I first saw it.
    (b) now I will look like a tiny moving PINE TREE !!

    CoolConiferous

  14. #29
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jan 2020
    Posts
    6
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I just picked up a GE Synapse 25 after inquiring about pre-order timing (they had a few left in Deep Blue from a previous run—thanks TB crew!). I love it and it feels awesome. That said, I did wince a little when I saw the Ursa color. It's so freakin' dreamy.

  15. #30
    Forum Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    262
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I ended up doing a preorder for Wilderness Synik 33 GE. Will be my first green bag. It will mostly replace a Nordic Synapse 25 for 2-3 day/week commuting (at least 2 of those with laptop).

    After years of accumulating and upgrading, I may have some bags to trade/sell... hmm...

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •