Main TOM BIHN website

emailus@tombihn.com

COMMUNITY FORUMS

Welcome! We're glad you are here. This is the place to ask for bag advice, help other people out, post reviews, and share photos and videos.

x

First, select your desired search engine:

• Google Search
  • DuckDuckGo
  • Original Forum Search Engine

User Tag List

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Wilderness GE Synik 30 for me. Will be used for minimal travel. Excited to see how it handles.

Forum Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Love seeing what everyone went with!

I've been waiting too long to let the opportunity pass. I went with an Ursa S30, Coyote S25, and Nebulous S22... And I've justified it by talking myself into particular uses for each..

Forum Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by slightlysaltybagman View Post
    Love seeing what everyone went with!

I've been waiting too long to let the opportunity pass. I went with an Ursa S30, Coyote S25, and Nebulous S22... And I've justified it by talking myself into particular uses for each..
    All 3! Bagman, you're my hero!

Forum Member
    Michigan
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I spent hours debating what to get. I knew I had to have a wildernesses/GE. I already have an S25. So I ultimately ended up with a S22. I think the green/coyote is gonna be gorgeous.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Forum Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I switched at the last minute from all Coyote to Wilderness S30. Seeing a Youtube video of the all Coyote version somehow convinced me I wanted more color/contrast. Having a swatch of the Wilderness helped convince me. Judging by forum postings, Wilderness seems to be the most popular color. Would be interesting to know if that's true. As usual, the online pictures make it seem lighter and brighter than it really is in person. The Ursa version has a nice earthy look, and Mars Red makes a nice contrast, but I suspect my 2nd choice would have been Deep Blue.
    Last edited by G42; 02-01-2020 at 07:38 AM.

Forum Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jimbo3b View Post
    All 3! Bagman, you're my hero!
    Haha, you still have time!

Wilderness does look like it's gaining quite the following. I'd love to see it in person to really get a feel for it.

Forum Member
    Buffalo, NY
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by slightlysaltybagman View Post
    Haha, you still have time!

Wilderness does look like it's gaining quite the following. I'd love to see it in person to really get a feel for it.
    I was originally on the Ursa train, then I got samples of all of the new colors. Wilderness just looks spectacular with Coyote. Not to say that Ursa doesn't, because it's a great combination as well. So in the end, I decided to get my Synapse in Wilderness and I'm waiting for the DLBC to come out in the new colors so I can possibly grab an Ursa one.

Forum Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Any reason why burnt orange didn’t make the GE cut? Seems like it would look great with Coyote.

Minneapolis, MN
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by olsonnet View Post
    Any reason why burnt orange didn’t make the GE cut? Seems like it would look great with Coyote.
    YEAH!! I would LOVE a GE Synic22 in burnt orange.

Forum Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I just pre-ordered a GE Synapse 25 in Ursa. I've bought many TB bags as gifts in the past, but never one for myself!!! Big Grin

Bought my wife a Synapse 19 last year for her travels back and forth to NYC, and she loves it.

Forum Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Skirata44 View Post
    I was originally on the Ursa train, then I got samples of all of the new colors. Wilderness just looks spectacular with Coyote. Not to say that Ursa doesn't, because it's a great combination as well. So in the end, I decided to get my Synapse in Wilderness and I'm waiting for the DLBC to come out in the new colors so I can possibly grab an Ursa one.
    I'm waiting for the DLBC in Ursa too! I figure that'll look more pro but still have my personality (not a fan of corp neutrals). And waiting for a DLBP in Wilderness Green because GREEN! I was originally on the WG train, but then I saw Ursa and it's the perfect neutral to my wardrobe. So of course will have to get the pretty pouches/accessories in my beloved not-yellowed green
    Last edited by earth5; 02-01-2020 at 11:06 AM. Reason: typoes

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    So I just ordered a Synik 30 in Ursa. Anyone ever pre-ordered from Tom Bihn before?

Is it really going to take until April to get? I'm the least patient person alive!

Volunteer Moderator
    SF Bay area
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by joesuburb View Post
    So I just ordered a Synik 30 in Ursa. Anyone ever pre-ordered from Tom Bihn before?

Is it really going to take until April to get? I'm the least patient person alive!
    Welcome to the Forums @joesuburb!

Any item set up as a pre-order will not (normally) be available until the estimated date. Basically, TB is aggregating the demand and then they go into production. Once all the pre-order items have been produced, inspected, and are ready to go, then they ship out. A week or so before your pre-order is ready, they'll email to give a window to add any in stock items to your order to take advantage of the shipping.

There is a pre-order FAQ at the bottom of the Synik 30 page (and all pre-orders) with a more thorough explanation. And this blog post https://www.tombihn.com/blogs/main/pre-orders
    Note, it does mention the possibility of an early bag from a Pre-production Batch. For these three GE's however, TB isn't doing a PPB.

HTH
    Last edited by G42; 02-05-2020 at 08:50 AM.
    I like all the blues and greys...and all the happy citrus colours too! My search unicorn is the Sapphire Dyneema original Small Shop Bag...

Forum Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by joesuburb View Post

It's actually a smart business model. They can offer the bag in a larger variety of colors and know that they won't have inventory sitting around in a color that won't sell. Based on our response, and the quantity of fabric they have available, they'll do a single run, including extra bags in two or three of the most popular colors, which will take a few months to sell down.

I'm impatient too. Then I remember that when I grew up in rural Arizona 50 years ago, it always took a month to get something from a catalog. A week for my letter to get there, a week for my parent's check to clear, and 2 weeks+ for ground shipping.

Speaking of colors, I started with Wilderness, then went to Deep Blue, and then, after much research determined that the parapack is pretty special fabric. So I ended up with Navy. Final answer. Seriously, I'm not changing it again. Kudo's to the infinite patience of the TB office team...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The Wilderness does look amazing. I have pre-ordered Tom Bihn items in the past, and it never went past the estimated date. They are very good about it. I've been using the Deep Blue GES25 as EDC for the last two years, and it held up great.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast