Main TOM BIHN website

emailus@tombihn.com

COMMUNITY FORUMS

Welcome! We're glad you are here. This is the place to ask for bag advice, help other people out, post reviews, and share photos and videos.

x

First, select your desired search engine:

• Google Search
  • DuckDuckGo
  • Original Forum Search Engine

User Tag List

Forum Member
    Tulsa, OK
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

A Happy ReHoming For My S19

Over the holidays, I was ill for a bit. My best recollection is lying in bed in a congested stupor for hours at a time, obsessing over the purchase of an S19 in Black Halcyon/ Ultraviolet. And apparently I ordered one, because I have had it for two weeks, and have been conflicted ever since. I already own another ballistic S19 that, while useful for massive loads, is too large for my edc. Also, the straps of the S19 do not fit me well at all, and they are a constant struggle. However, I have been making myself carry the new S19 anyway——I do love the look and function of the bag itself.

But a funny thing: forcing myself to use my new S19 made me remember my Luminary 12, another love/strongly frustrating bag relationship lurking in my closet. Well, I switched from my new S19 to that and it’s exactly what I want. It took buying a completely different bag to appreciate its volume, form factor, and comfortable straps.

Meanwhile, I read on the forums about the new style straps being available on the S19 in a few weeks. My first thought was ‘darn!’, as I have already made my customary edits to the new S19, removing the logo and trimming the straps and could not offer it as a trade or even feel right about selling it. My second thought, however, was, ‘I wonder if I can convince my husband to replace his +20 yo North Face pack with my slightly modified S19?’ My husband put on the S19 and immediately said, ‘Wow! These straps are AMAZING!.’ So that’s my answer. Hooray! Now I can look forward to purchasing another S19 with the new straps in the future.

Forum Member
    Boston, MA
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Though fortunately not going through the illness fog that you did (hope you’re ok now!), I also have come to love my luminary more since the purchase of my Synik. I really liked the luminary (original) but kept being frustrated by small things. I wanted it to be the IT bag, working for EDC and travel. Since getting the S22 and realizing it is the perfect personal sized travel bag, I’m embracing the luminary for what it is.

Forum Member
    Tulsa, OK
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Traveltech View Post
    Though fortunately not going through the illness fog that you did (hope you’re ok now!), I also have come to love my luminary more since the purchase of my Synik. I really liked the luminary (original) but kept being frustrated by small things. I wanted it to be the IT bag, working for EDC and travel. Since getting the S22 and realizing it is the perfect personal sized travel bag, I’m embracing the luminary for what it is.
    That is my Luminary experience as well! I have an original, but little things about it nagged me. I waited for what seemed ages for the new version to be released, and bought one right away without really considering whether it would work any better than the original. And initially, it didn’t, hence its long term residence in my closet. I seem to want the Luminary to fit everything, work in every situation, and look a particular way while doing it. But as you have found, it is very possible to enjoy the Luminary for exactly what it is, which, for me, most days, is plenty!