Main TOM BIHN website

emailus@tombihn.com

COMMUNITY FORUMS

Welcome! We're glad you are here. This is the place to ask for bag advice, help other people out, post reviews, and share photos and videos.

x

First, select your desired search engine:

• Google Search
  • DuckDuckGo
  • Original Forum Search Engine

User Tag List

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: Trinity

Forum Member
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This sounds amazing!

Forum Member
    Indiana
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Noooooo! I don't want to like the Trinity! I just found my unicorn NFTD in Original/Wasabi.

TOM BIHN Crew (we work here) Darcy's Avatar
    The far west
    Mentioned
    160 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    (someone reminded me that not everyone can see what's in the spoiler tags, so I skipped them in my responses below!)

Quote Originally Posted by trundle_on View Post
    Thank you so much for the update, Darcy!!!

Spoiler for excitement:
    I'm very much hoping for the smallest size to be smaller than 400 x 250 x 200 mm, aka the personal item size limit for Ryanair.

Small Trinity Dimensions
    420 x 280 x 200
    16.5Ē x 11Ē x 7.9Ē

So, it's just a little bigger than those Ryanair dimensions. I did share this with Tom; maybe he'll design a mini Trinity someday! He says it'd be super cute, but wouldn't be able to convert to a backpack.

Quote Originally Posted by GrussGott View Post
    So great to get this kind of info! And definitely understand the design are evolving and anything here is subject to change! With that, ...

Spoiler for Awkward Question Maybe?:
    What price ranges do you see the small and mediums?
    We won't arrive at price ranges until we begin the PPB (pre-production batches) of the small and medium Trinity and Tom, Lisa, Fong and Nik work together on the engineering of the manufacturing process.

Quote Originally Posted by bchaplin View Post
    I'm curious if the small size will be more of an "overnight" or a "commuting" bag.
    Tom originally thought he'd design Trinity briefcases in addition to the travel bags, but thinks the small size (dimensions above) will make a great briefcase/commuting bag and a specific briefcase version may not be necessary. We'll see.

Quote Originally Posted by tress29 View Post
    Noooooo! I don't want to like the Trinity! I just found my unicorn NFTD in Original/Wasabi.
    I think the Trinity will be a design that's around a long time, so no need to feel rushed to get one!
    Have a question? @Darcy (to make sure I see it)

Current carry: testing new potential materials in the form of Original Large Shop Bags.

Forum Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Lord, now I have to decide whether I buy the TriStar now or wait to see the Trinity.

Forum Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Darcy View Post
    Tom originally thought he'd design Trinity briefcases in addition to the travel bags, but thinks the small size (dimensions above) will make a great briefcase/commuting bag and a specific briefcase version may not be necessary. We'll see.
    I'd love a briefcase version (at least I think I would, having never seen the bag lol). I have a bigger laptop that is too big for the Cadet and while it would fit in a Trinity/WF/etc... the 8" depth is way more than I'd need/want for that purpose. Or just make a bigger Cadet haha.

Forum Member
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thank you for all of this, Darcy! I've been dying to see how this would progress. I can easily see wanting two of the three sizes -- perhaps the small and medium.

But I could also see traveling with just two of the smalls: with one as an EDC backpack, and clothes and other things in the second bag. Combined, it would be over 40 liters. I've done three weeks in Colombia with only a Shadow Guide and a DLBC, which comes to 39 liters.

-- Stephen
    Last edited by Buffalonian; 02-15-2020 at 09:57 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thank you, Darcy! Much appreciated.

Chris D. Smilie
    Monster Truck (Nebulous Gray) Cadet (Steel /NW Sky) Yeoman Duffel Mini (Burnt Orange) Yeoman Duffel Small (Steel)

Forum Member
    Buffalo, NY
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    So if I'm reading this right, it seems like the small Trinity is right in between the Stowaway and the Western Flyer in terms of size. At least for height and width, looks like the Trinity is deeper than both of them. Which makes sense, right? This is supposed to be the spiritual successor to the Stowaway, and to a lesser extent the WF/TS. The size seems absolutely *perfect* to use as a personal item on most US airlines, though. I'm looking at various airlines, and it either barely makes the cut for a personal item or it's just a teensy bit over, usually in the depth department. Should be able to squish it, though. Depending on the price, this could definitely be a really good sidekick to my GE S25 for two-bag traveling.

Forum Member
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Skirata44 View Post
    So if I'm reading this right, it seems like the small Trinity is right in between the Stowaway and the Western Flyer in terms of size.
    Given the dimensions, the small Trinity seems much closer to the WF: probably about 23 or 24 liters to the WF's 26. (The Stowaway was only 12 liters.)
    Last edited by Buffalonian; 02-15-2020 at 10:03 AM.

Forum Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    No new bag love for something in the 40 liter range? Confused Smilie

Volunteer Moderator
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I canít wait to see how the small Trinity compares to the NFTD!

TOM BIHN Crew (we work here) Darcy's Avatar
    The far west
    Mentioned
    160 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ayazgood View Post
    No new bag love for something in the 40 liter range? Confused Smilie
    There may be a 40-45 liter Trinity further on down the road. We'll see!
    Have a question? @Darcy (to make sure I see it)

Current carry: testing new potential materials in the form of Original Large Shop Bags.

Forum Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Darcy View Post
    There may be a 40-45 liter Trinity further on down the road. We'll see!
    Seems like TB could use an alternative to the A45, so fingers crossed the new design is a big hit that leads to bigger things!

Forum Member
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thank you for the update Darcy! I'm looking forward to the small Trinity as a new work bag..

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I would like two handles...not a fan of the WF handle.

Just my 2 cents Cool
    Last edited by Chris D.; 02-16-2020 at 06:26 PM.
    Monster Truck (Nebulous Gray) Cadet (Steel /NW Sky) Yeoman Duffel Mini (Burnt Orange) Yeoman Duffel Small (Steel)

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast