Main TOM BIHN website
 
emailus@tombihn.com

COMMUNITY FORUMS

Welcome! We're glad you are here. This is the place to ask for bag advice, help other people out, post reviews, and share photos and videos.

x

First, select your desired search engine:

  • Google Search
  • DuckDuckGo
  • Original Forum Search Engine

User Tag List

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast
Results 31 to 45 of 87

Thread: Trinity

  1. #31
    Forum Member Rei's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2018
    Share
    France
    Posts
    286
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I. CAN'T. WAIT!

    Thank you Darcy, you make us drool
    just a Bihnion here

  2. #32
    TOM BIHN Crew (we work here) Darcy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Share
    The far west
    Posts
    6,191
    Mentioned
    86 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Chris D. View Post
    I would like two handles...not a fan of the WF handle.
    You'll be happy with the Trinity handles then... there are two (they're similar to the handles of the Tri-Star).
    Have a question? @Darcy (to make sure I see it)

    Current carry: testing new potential materials in the form of Original Large Shop Bags.

  3. #33
    Forum Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2019
    Share
    Buffalo, NY
    Posts
    97
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Really hoping for an early summer debut so that I can maybe snag one before moving abroad in late August...do we know what kind of materials it's going to primarily be? I'm assuming 525d ballistic exterior/halcyon interior?

  4. #34
    TOM BIHN Crew (we work here) Darcy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Share
    The far west
    Posts
    6,191
    Mentioned
    86 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Skirata44 View Post
    Really hoping for an early summer debut so that I can maybe snag one before moving abroad in late August...do we know what kind of materials it's going to primarily be? I'm assuming 525d ballistic exterior/halcyon interior?
    Agreed: an early summer debut would be nice Smilie We'll see...

    The two fabric options will be:
    525d ballistic / 200d Halcyon
    400d Halcyon / 200d Halcyon
    Have a question? @Darcy (to make sure I see it)

    Current carry: testing new potential materials in the form of Original Large Shop Bags.

  5. #35
    Forum Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2019
    Share
    Buffalo, NY
    Posts
    97
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Darcy View Post
    Agreed: an early summer debut would be nice Smilie We'll see...

    The two fabric options will be:
    525d ballistic / 200d Halcyon
    400d Halcyon / 200d Halcyon
    Good to know, thanks! I have one last question-when you say that it'll have a laptop compartment, do you mean a space like in the Pilot that can accommodate a Cache, or something more like the Synik's integrated pocket? It seems like the Synik's laptop pocket is fairly popular, do you guys have any plans to incorporate that into future designs?

  6. #36
    Forum Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Share
    Southeastern NC
    Posts
    487
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    "internal zip away dividers" - similar to the one on the WF? Could one theoretically then make one large space out of the Trinity should one so desire? Or have 2 vs 3 compartments?

    Something like that would be very intriguing...it might make me move away from my WF - my all time favorite TB bag!

  7. #37
    TOM BIHN Crew (we work here) Darcy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Share
    The far west
    Posts
    6,191
    Mentioned
    86 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Skirata44 View Post
    Good to know, thanks! I have one last question-when you say that it'll have a laptop compartment, do you mean a space like in the Pilot that can accommodate a Cache, or something more like the Synik's integrated pocket? It seems like the Synik's laptop pocket is fairly popular, do you guys have any plans to incorporate that into future designs?
    More like the Synik's integrated pocket... although, depending on which laptop and which size of Trinity, you could fit a probably fit a laptop in Cache in there if you really wanted to (though it wouldn't be necessary at all necessary.)

    I do think you'll see more designs with integrated laptop compartments, but we'll also continue to offer the Cache for those who prefer that system.

    Feel free to ask more questions if they come up.

    Quote Originally Posted by rabergnc View Post
    "internal zip away dividers" - similar to the one on the WF? Could one theoretically then make one large space out of the Trinity should one so desire? Or have 2 vs 3 compartments?

    Something like that would be very intriguing...it might make me move away from my WF - my all time favorite TB bag!
    It'll be like the divider that's in the front-most compartment of the WF and Tri-Star, but in the Trinity, it may be in that front compartment, the back compartment, or both. You wouldn't be able to make one large space out of the Trinity or make it into a two-compartment bag, though.
    Have a question? @Darcy (to make sure I see it)

    Current carry: testing new potential materials in the form of Original Large Shop Bags.

  8. #38
    Forum Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Share
    Southeastern NC
    Posts
    487
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Darcy View Post

    It'll be like the divider that's in the front-most compartment of the WF and Tri-Star, but in the Trinity, it may be in that front compartment, the back compartment, or both. You wouldn't be able to make one large space out of the Trinity or make it into a two-compartment bag, though.
    Ah...hence the Trinity name! I do look forward to learning more and seeing it.

  9. #39
    Forum Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2018
    Posts
    72
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I thought it was a duffel. Big Grin
    Trinity-trinity-png

  10. #40
    Forum Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Posts
    4,150
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Darcy View Post
    Agreed: an early summer debut would be nice Smilie We'll see...

    The two fabric options will be:
    525d ballistic / 200d Halcyon
    400d Halcyon / 200d Halcyon
    Will it come in the new external 400d Halcyon color? I seem to have forgotten what color it is. Wink Backpack

  11. #41
    Forum Member
    Join Date
    May 2017
    Posts
    188
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Darcy View Post
    Let's think of these as "design in progress" tags more than spoiler tags... [*]Plans are to use a removable/swappable version of the Edgeless Shoulder Straps so you can leave the straps behind if your trip or outing wont require use in backpack mode.
    With the first mention of them here with the Trinity bags, any possibility the removable/swappable Shoulder Straps would be a new feature to the Aeronauts or other travel bags to allow weight saving and free that pocket compartments for other uses?

  12. #42
    Forum Member GrussGott's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2016
    Share
    Silicon Valley
    Posts
    485
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by organicfarmer View Post
    With the first mention of them here with the Trinity bags, any possibility the removable/swappable Shoulder Straps would be a new feature to the Aeronauts or other travel bags to allow weight saving and free that pocket compartments for other uses?
    I would guess they probably have to get that feature into production and see how people respond before they'd consider updating other bags, but then what do I know?? : )

  13. #43
    Forum Member GrussGott's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2016
    Share
    Silicon Valley
    Posts
    485
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Skirata44 View Post
    It really seems like the smaller sized Trinity is going to be perfect for this niche, from what we've heard so far. Really looking forward to possibly doing two-bag travel with this and my Synapse 25.
    Totally agree! That said, for me, for now I'm going with the 2 Western Flyer travel duo because ....
    [hopefully the rest of this post isn't controversial for anyone so disclaimer: we all carry differently, have different style / tastes, etc]

    The newest bags since the Hero's Journey haven't hit the mark with me (HJ, Stowaway, Synik, Icon); all for different reasons, although thematically, for me, they all trended away from my preference for office-ready simple-is-best (and many times into whimsy). A great example is the S25 which I think is darn-near the perfect day pack: some built in org - not too much, good number of various sized pockets, great design that can be lightly packed or stuffed, etc. For me, the S30 throws off the dimensions/look & daypack design, so it doesn't work for me (but that's me! I'm sure many will say the S25 is 1 bag travel pack, just not for me as a 2-bag travel person). For me the A30/45, WF, TS, BB are core classics that I hope stick around for a long time to come!

    So, while I'm super hopeful the Trinity will be my favorite, I already love the WF enough to commit! (but reserve the right to change me mind any time Big Grin)
    Last edited by GrussGott; 02-20-2020 at 10:49 AM.

  14. #44
    Forum Member
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    10
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Darcy View Post
    (someone reminded me that not everyone can see what's in the spoiler tags, so I skipped them in my responses below!)



    Small Trinity Dimensions
    420 x 280 x 200
    16.5 x 11 x 7.9

    So, it's just a little bigger than those Ryanair dimensions. I did share this with Tom; maybe he'll design a mini Trinity someday! He says it'd be super cute, but wouldn't be able to convert to a backpack.



    We won't arrive at price ranges until we begin the PPB (pre-production batches) of the small and medium Trinity and Tom, Lisa, Fong and Nik work together on the engineering of the manufacturing process.



    Tom originally thought he'd design Trinity briefcases in addition to the travel bags, but thinks the small size (dimensions above) will make a great briefcase/commuting bag and a specific briefcase version may not be necessary. We'll see.



    I think the Trinity will be a design that's around a long time, so no need to feel rushed to get one!
    The dimensions of the small Trinity are the perfect dimensions for a briefcase for my needs.

    I am assuming there would be a Freudian Slip that is sized for the small Trinity?

    I can't wait to see this bag.

  15. #45
    TOM BIHN Crew (we work here) Darcy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Share
    The far west
    Posts
    6,191
    Mentioned
    86 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by backpack View Post
    Will it come in the new external 400d Halcyon color? I seem to have forgotten what color it is. Wink Backpack
    Clever @backpack ! I almost revealed the color. To answer your question: it depends on when the Trinity debuts and when that new color arrives.

    Quote Originally Posted by organicfarmer View Post
    With the first mention of them here with the Trinity bags, any possibility the removable/swappable Shoulder Straps would be a new feature to the Aeronauts or other travel bags to allow weight saving and free that pocket compartments for other uses?
    It's still too early to say. I will share that in all of our tests, the removable/swappable straps are just as comfortable as the sewn-in variety, and removable of course offers more options to the user.

    Quote Originally Posted by Mulligan View Post
    The dimensions of the small Trinity are the perfect dimensions for a briefcase for my needs.

    I am assuming there would be a Freudian Slip that is sized for the small Trinity?

    I can't wait to see this bag.
    To be honest, when we're in the midst of a major design (or major design(s) as is the case right now) the complimentary and optional organizational items (while they do occur to us) can fall outside the focus we're putting on completing, testing, and reflecting on the major design. So.... thanks for reminding us about a Freudian Slip for the Trinity! If there's an existing size of Freudian Slip that works well with some sizes of Trinity, we're likely to suggest folks use that one instead of making a new size... that way, anyone who already owns that Freudian Slip can use that one instead of buying a new one. And if there isn't an existing size that works well, we'll make a new one.
    Have a question? @Darcy (to make sure I see it)

    Current carry: testing new potential materials in the form of Original Large Shop Bags.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •