Main TOM BIHN website

emailus@tombihn.com

COMMUNITY FORUMS

Welcome! We're glad you are here. This is the place to ask for bag advice, help other people out, post reviews, and share photos and videos.

x

First, select your desired search engine:

• Google Search
  • DuckDuckGo
  • Original Forum Search Engine

User Tag List

Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast

Thread: Trinity

Forum Member
    St Andrews, Scotland
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Darcy View Post
    To be honest, when we're in the midst of a major design (or major design(s) as is the case right now)
    Ooh, major designs, plural? Quick, everybody! Start wildly speculating on what it could be!

TOM BIHN Crew (we work here) Darcy's Avatar
    The far west
    Mentioned
    237 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Skirata44 View Post
    Ooh, major designs, plural? Quick, everybody! Start wildly speculating on what it could be!
    Hehe. As much as I've revealed about the Trinity, I won't reveal more about the other designs until the timing feels right. I can say it's a very exciting feeling here right now: there's many interesting and innovative designs at various phases of completion. We're doing a lot of brainstorming about how we can keep operations running well (very important) and make more room for design time.
    Have a question? @Darcy (to make sure I see it)

Current carry: testing new potential materials in the form of Original Large Shop Bags.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hehe. As much as I've revealed about the Trinity, I won't reveal more about the other designs until the timing feels right. I can say it's a very exciting feeling here right now: there's many interesting and innovative designs at various phases of completion. We're doing a lot of brainstorming about how we can keep operations running well (very important) and make more room for design time.
    I think it's great that you're finding time to innovate. The Icon is a perfect example of that: It clearly isn't for everyone, but for many of us it was a great surprise and it fit a niche. I no longer use mine every day, but I carry it frequently.

I see a lot of people -- particularly women -- on my commuter train with backpack/tote combos. Hoping the Trinity will have that kind of versatility. A lot of us do combinations of walking (where it's better on our shoulders to wear a backpack), but then spend time on crowded trains or buses (where a handbag or shoulder bag has the advantage). So it's great to be able to switch between carrying modes.
    ----
    All tyranny needs to gain a foothold is for people of good conscience to remain silent.
    Edmund Burke

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by bchaplin View Post
    I see a lot of people -- particularly women -- on my commuter train with backpack/tote combos. Hoping the Trinity will have that kind of versatility. A lot of us do combinations of walking (where it's better on our shoulders to wear a backpack), but then spend time on crowded trains or buses (where a handbag or shoulder bag has the advantage). So it's great to be able to switch between carrying modes.
    THIS!! SO MUCH THIS!!

I've been working on a few designs myself for something that can go from backpack, to tote bag, to crossbody. Especially when traveling I want to take as little as possible but still need something for all possible needs. I just wish I could source some 250D for my projects Wink
    Synapse 25, Aeronaut 30, Monster Truck, Travel Tray

ď...a book is a fragile creature, it suffers the wear of time, it fears rodents, the elements, clumsy hands. If for a hundred and a hundred years everyone had been able freely to handle our codices, the majority of them would no longer exist. So the librarian protects them not only against mankind but also against nature, and devotes his life to this war with the forces of oblivion, the enemy of truth.Ē
    ― Umberto Eco

Colorado Springs
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Triple ditto. (trinity ditto? :-). I look for a 3-way carry / personal item: backpack (removable straps), shoulder (removable strap), and trolley sleeve. Water bottle pocket. I figured out a way to turn my Pilot into a backpack carry, but the strap solution is bulky.

Note: the trolley sleeve can be simple, like a narrow strap. But prefer it to be integrated (ie sewn to bag so I don’t lose it), and quick to use. I’m not a backpack person, so prefer something that can be a shoulder bag most of the time, or sit by a desk without a bunch of octopus straps.
    Last edited by TavaPeak; 02-23-2020 at 07:20 PM.

France
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by TheLibrarian View Post
    THIS!! SO MUCH THIS!!

I've been working on a few designs myself for something that can go from backpack, to tote bag, to crossbody. Especially when traveling I want to take as little as possible but still need something for all possible needs. I just wish I could source some 250D for my projects Wink
    same here... I'm looking for a (very) light tot-able/backpack-able/crossbody-able bag to the point that I think about trying make one myself xD but I miss fabrics/material and sewing machine (...and skills) *sob*
    just a Bihnion here

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Rei View Post
    same here... I'm looking for a (very) light tot-able/backpack-able/crossbody-able bag to the point that I think about trying make one myself xD but I miss fabrics/material and sewing machine (...and skills) *sob*
    I found one on Indiegogo that I LOVE but there are a couple of things I would change (the strap attachment points aren't what I would prefer) and it's just too expensive (well worth the price but just too much for me right now). I'm thinking of taking some of the features about it that I like and crossing it with some of my fave features from TB (0-rings for the win!) and making a perfect EDC and day pack travel bag.

You can get started sewing pretty cheaply, depending on where you live you might even be able to rent space at a store to use their machines (there's a place like that near me). But yeah, to get good, professional results can take some pretty advanced skills. Worth it though.
    Synapse 25, Aeronaut 30, Monster Truck, Travel Tray

ď...a book is a fragile creature, it suffers the wear of time, it fears rodents, the elements, clumsy hands. If for a hundred and a hundred years everyone had been able freely to handle our codices, the majority of them would no longer exist. So the librarian protects them not only against mankind but also against nature, and devotes his life to this war with the forces of oblivion, the enemy of truth.Ē
    ― Umberto Eco

Forum Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Sounds like this could be huge for the one bag crowd! Something that is like a WF (best bag ever) but better competes with true one bags like the Minaal, AER, Peak Design, Nomadic, and others would be simply amazing. Heck - add a Synik laptop compartment to the WF and you are nearly there.

Forum Member
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It is rare to have a company with this type of culture and the relationship with customers is unheard of. This is great news Darcy! Keep cranking out cool stuff and we will keep buying it!

Forum Member
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    "Clever @backpack ! I almost revealed the color. To answer your question: it depends on when the Trinity debuts and when that new color arrives."

Darcy, I didn't want to get you in trouble hence, the wide smile and the backpack, smileys.

I can feel the brainstorming all the way to here! Smilie
    I also agree that it would be puzzling if the Sticky Thread: New Bags and Colors Ready To Order, was all over sudden empty for reason of Leonardo's level designing.

Let me rephrase that, The Crew is doing Leonardo's level designing, as Chief Creative Officer AND CEO, you wear both caps, or a cap and a bonnet ( I mean a beanie, in English).

I was looking at the "About us" page to verify your titles, and of course, I saw the pictures of Fiona, Ichiro, Kasper. Lucy and Levi (who seems to be a new addition).
    As I said above, I know you are all ultra busy, but I would be delighted to find out how much Fiona has grown, if Kasper has mastered the art of being an adult wolfhound, which is another way to ask for recent pictures, of the cute TB citizen canines. If I may be so bold.

Of course, there is no hurry, they can all be part of some of the debut pictures, a blog post, or the April 1st "setup."

Thank you again, for helping the beaver's rescues and researches, as well as the dogs, who are co-scientists, to the researchers, who protect endangered species.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hehe. As much as I've revealed about the Trinity, I won't reveal more about the other designs until the timing feels right.

The timing was right concerning the Trinity.....hum, must mean a release date is right around the corner!! Thatís the story Iím telling myself. Canít Wait!!!
    Monster Truck (Nebulous Gray) Cadet (Steel /NW Sky) Yeoman Duffel Mini (Burnt Orange) Yeoman Duffel Small (Steel)

Forum Member
    Singapore
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    @Darcy , is the Trinity more suited for flat packing like the Tri-Star and Western Flyer? I pack my luggage KonMari style instead of flat packing, so any information that you're able to give will be helpful for me to decide if I should wait for the Trinity or go ahead and order the Aeronaut 30 instead. Thank you!
    Last edited by latchford; 03-07-2020 at 07:32 AM.

TOM BIHN Crew (we work here) Darcy's Avatar
    The far west
    Mentioned
    237 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by latchford View Post
    @Darcy , is the Trinity more suited for flat packing like the Tri-Star and Western Flyer? I pack my luggage KonMari style as instead of flat packing, so any information that you're able to give will be helpful for me to decide if I should wait for the Trinity or go ahead and order the Aeronaut 30 instead. Thank you!
    The Trinity is well-suited for flat packing, just like the Tri-Star and Western Flyer. Hope that helps!
    Have a question? @Darcy (to make sure I see it)

Current carry: testing new potential materials in the form of Original Large Shop Bags.

Forum Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The Trinity is well-suited for flat packing, just like the Tri-Star and Western Flyer. Hope that helps!
    Excellent!!!!that is awesome...looking forward to pre-order..

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hey @Darcy

I know youíre burning the candle at both ends right now... so Iíll make this quick.
    Is the Trinity in production or at a standstill?

Thanks!
    Monster Truck (Nebulous Gray) Cadet (Steel /NW Sky) Yeoman Duffel Mini (Burnt Orange) Yeoman Duffel Small (Steel)

Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast