Main TOM BIHN website

emailus@tombihn.com

COMMUNITY FORUMS

Welcome! We're glad you are here. This is the place to ask for bag advice, help other people out, post reviews, and share photos and videos.

x

First, select your desired search engine:

• Google Search
  • DuckDuckGo
  • Original Forum Search Engine

User Tag List

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6

Thread: Trinity

Forum Member
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Darcy View Post
    Here's the idea I'm considering: we debut what we can, as we can, and let people sign up to be notified via email when the bags are available for pre-order down the road. The goal being: we can share the excitement of a debut even if we're not able to share the actual physical bags. Smilie

Some of the new designs would likely have to be shared as simple drawn sketches (with, you know, the typical extremely long and wordy product descriptions.....) as we can't devote production time right now to even making one sample bag in one color.
    I think this is a great idea! It'd give people something to look forward to, a little brightness in these dark days. Smilie

TOM BIHN Crew (we work here) Darcy's Avatar
    The far west
    Mentioned
    88 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by roychen View Post
    I think this is a great idea! It'd give people something to look forward to, a little brightness in these dark days. Smilie
    Cool. We will soon get to work on the first debut Smilie
    Have a question? @Darcy (to make sure I see it)

Current carry: testing new potential materials in the form of Original Large Shop Bags.

The far west
    Mentioned
    88 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    In the meantime, here's a new video..... Allison's Pop Tote

Current carry: testing new potential materials in the form of Original Large Shop Bags.

Forum Member
    UK
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Does the small fit a MacBook Pro 16 inch? Synapse 19 doesnít fit because of the shape although the total length is sufficient. Is Trinity more rectangular than synapse?

Forum Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Here's the idea I'm considering: we debut what we can, as we can, and let people sign up to be notified via email when the bags are available for pre-order down the road. The goal being: we can share the excitement of a debut even if we're not able to share the actual physical bags. Smilie

Some of the new designs would likely have to be shared as simple drawn sketches (with, you know, the typical extremely long and wordy product descriptions.....) as we can't devote production time right now to even making one sample bag in one color.
    That's a wonderful idea, Darcy. I like it very much. The sense of connection, anticipation, and excitement would be very welcome to those of us who've hardly left our homes since we can't remember when! (The university where I teach has gone entirely online, and my dining table is now both classroom and office, courtesy of Zoom!)

Forum Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Bumping this for any new news of a debut. Since I sent back by GE Syn30, I'm still in the market for a 30L bag, but waiting to see how Trinity compares to an A30. Also looking at small EDC bags, so also curious to see if other debut items fall in that category. No rush, but the suspense is killing me. Roll Eyes (Sarcastic)

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ayazgood View Post
    Bumping this for any new news of a debut. Since I sent back by GE Syn30, I'm still in the market for a 30L bag, but waiting to see how Trinity compares to an A30. Also looking at small EDC bags, so also curious to see if other debut items fall in that category. No rush, but the suspense is killing me. Roll Eyes (Sarcastic)
    bumping your bump

Volunteer Moderator
    SF Bay area
    Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ayazgood View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by WineCountry View Post
    bumping your bump
    Check out @Darcy 's post on the 'pitching in to make simple surgical style face masks' thread:

https://forums.tombihn.com/general-b...tml#post190386

ETA: blog post
    https://www.tombihn.com/blogs/main/orderspre
    Last edited by G42; 04-28-2020 at 10:37 AM.
    I like all the blues and greys...and all the happy citrus colours too! My search unicorn is the Sapphire Dyneema original Small Shop Bag...

Forum Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Just as a thought here too (and forgive me if this was floated elsewhere) If there was some kind of pre-order page with a guess at a dollar amount on it, along with consolidated information on the bag, I know I (along with hopefully a bunch of others) would be willing to throw money in to help keep things going in the mean time here too.

Think sorta kickstarter-y, but TB specific, I'm sure many of us have had bad experiences with KS, but obviously trust you guys to do the right thing in design / delivery. Maybe even have a "offset your eventual cost by contributing x" kind of a thing (and I realize that might be a ton of work, depending on how the site / ordering portal is built.. but all the same)

Anyhow, very excited to see what comes in this space!! (tbh a WF or tri-star with a luggage pass through might be just about perfect, too #justsaying Wink )

The far west
    Mentioned
    88 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by gkrash View Post
    Just as a thought here too (and forgive me if this was floated elsewhere) If there was some kind of pre-order page with a guess at a dollar amount on it, along with consolidated information on the bag, I know I (along with hopefully a bunch of others) would be willing to throw money in to help keep things going in the mean time here too.

Think sorta kickstarter-y, but TB specific, I'm sure many of us have had bad experiences with KS, but obviously trust you guys to do the right thing in design / delivery. Maybe even have a "offset your eventual cost by contributing x" kind of a thing (and I realize that might be a ton of work, depending on how the site / ordering portal is built.. but all the same)

Anyhow, very excited to see what comes in this space!! (tbh a WF or tri-star with a luggage pass through might be just about perfect, too #justsaying Wink )
    Thanks for the suggestion; I can envision something like that being a possibility.

We'll be able to share a Trinity update soon... and "debut" a couple of other designs as well.

Volunteer Moderator
    Honolulu, HI
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

@Darcy has already replied, but I wanted to point you to her post earlier in the thread about pricing estimates, and why they can’t make these yet:
    I'm afraid not. Part of the PPB (Pre-Production Batch) process is materials sourcing and costing: Lisa, Fong, Nik, and Tom working together on finished samples, specific materials and sewing times. We wouldn't be able to begin the PPB process for any new design until we're back to making bags.

We were reminded of how important it is to calculate cost within the context of a PPB after we hit the ground running making one of the three mask styles we've made; our initial costs and time estimates were based on some factors that ended up being quite different from our estimates, like the number of crew able to come back to work (some are at home caring for family, and naturally we respect that choice), and the unexpected difficulty of working with a material that we hadn’t previously worked with. We’re getting up to speed making masks now, but still aren’t that close to our original estimate: now we know better to sharpen our pencils and do our PPB first.
    HTH

moriond

Forum Member
    Buffalo, NY
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I was thinking about that too, I bought a few gift certificates that I'll eventually use for the Trinity or similar sized bag.
    Guide's Edition Synapse 25, HLT2

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6