Main TOM BIHN website

emailus@tombihn.com

COMMUNITY FORUMS

Welcome! We're glad you are here. This is the place to ask for bag advice, help other people out, post reviews, and share photos and videos.

x

First, select your desired search engine:

• Google Search
  • DuckDuckGo
  • Original Forum Search Engine

User Tag List

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8

Thread: Trinity

Alternate between SW Ohio & Michigan's lovely Upper Peninsula
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Trinity

Quote Originally Posted by BowTrek View Post
    I'd buy that!

I'll second everyone who says that this sounds like my ideal bag, or at least one that I'll definitely be buying. These colors also work well!

I have a question though - has anyone ever checked the western flyer / tri-star type bags? I typically use bags this size as carry-ons only, and the luggage that I've checked in the past (I've checked 2 bags in the last... 15 years! - I hate checking bags). I don't have a good sense of how well bags like these work as checked luggage. I'd worry if they might come unzipped or rip/tear if not the 1050D, etc.
    On the most recent flight I took (which was in Feb-2020 but seems like it was years ago...), I ended up bringing home a lot more stuff than I took (please donít judge). As a result, I had to check my Halcyon Western Flyer. I was nervous about it, but it emerged from the checked luggage dungeon looking good as new. No problems with zippers, rips, tears, etc. YMMV.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Last edited by Gumby; 06-18-2020 at 08:45 PM.
    Synapse 19 & 25, Co-Pilot, Pilot, Side Effect, Small Cafe Bag, Medium Cafe Bag, Western Flyer, Tri-Star, A45, A30, Travel Tray, Passport Pouch, Small Organizer Wallet (this is the little guy that started it all...), several Shop Bags and Organizer Pouches. More to come, I'm sure...

Forum Member
    Boston, MA
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    @Darcy Any updates or teaser images for the Trinity? We are excited to start travel dreaming again.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks for the update @Darcy , completely understandable, hopefully we'll get back to a sensible world eventually! Also, I really appreciate your great feedback @gqb .

I gave-in and gave the Western Flyer a go, but unfortunately it didn't quite work for me. This does give me a few questions/comments that I would like to raise though :P:
    1. I hope that through some magic, the Trinity can remain slim and not bulk-out too much past that 20cm mark so that it will fit under the aircraft seats.
    2. Will the center pocket on the Trininty open all the way, or only on one side like the TristSar? Sticking my laptop in one of the Western Flyer pockets (in a cache) meant that I could get my laptop out from the end/side of the bag which is great for when the bag is in the over-head compartment of an aircraft.
    3. Oh and finally, any chance you'll be making bags lining with the high-vis Solaris color? Cool

I'll continue to keep an eye out for any previews of the Trinity - it might just be the perfect business travel bag Smilie .

Thanks

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Traveltech View Post
    @Darcy Any updates or teaser images for the Trinity? We are excited to start travel dreaming again.
    ^^^^Lets start dreaming^^^^
    Monster Truck (Nebulous Gray) Cadet (Steel /NW Sky) Yeoman Duffel Mini (Burnt Orange) Yeoman Duffel Small (Steel)

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8