Main TOM BIHN website

emailus@tombihn.com

COMMUNITY FORUMS

Welcome! We're glad you are here. This is the place to ask for bag advice, help other people out, post reviews, and share photos and videos.

x

First, select your desired search engine:

• Google Search
  • DuckDuckGo
  • Original Forum Search Engine

User Tag List

Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 LastLast

Thread: Trinity

Alternate between SW Ohio & Michigan's lovely Upper Peninsula
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Trinity

Quote Originally Posted by BowTrek View Post
    I'd buy that!

I'll second everyone who says that this sounds like my ideal bag, or at least one that I'll definitely be buying. These colors also work well!

I have a question though - has anyone ever checked the western flyer / tri-star type bags? I typically use bags this size as carry-ons only, and the luggage that I've checked in the past (I've checked 2 bags in the last... 15 years! - I hate checking bags). I don't have a good sense of how well bags like these work as checked luggage. I'd worry if they might come unzipped or rip/tear if not the 1050D, etc.
    On the most recent flight I took (which was in Feb-2020 but seems like it was years ago...), I ended up bringing home a lot more stuff than I took (please donít judge). As a result, I had to check my Halcyon Western Flyer. I was nervous about it, but it emerged from the checked luggage dungeon looking good as new. No problems with zippers, rips, tears, etc. YMMV.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Last edited by Gumby; 06-18-2020 at 08:45 PM.
    Synapse 19 & 25, Co-Pilot, Pilot, Side Effect, Small Cafe Bag, Medium Cafe Bag, Western Flyer, Tri-Star, A45, A30, Travel Tray, Passport Pouch, Small Organizer Wallet (this is the little guy that started it all...), several Shop Bags and Organizer Pouches. More to come, I'm sure...

Forum Member
    Boston, MA
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    @Darcy Any updates or teaser images for the Trinity? We are excited to start travel dreaming again.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks for the update @Darcy , completely understandable, hopefully we'll get back to a sensible world eventually! Also, I really appreciate your great feedback @gqb .

I gave-in and gave the Western Flyer a go, but unfortunately it didn't quite work for me. This does give me a few questions/comments that I would like to raise though :P:
    1. I hope that through some magic, the Trinity can remain slim and not bulk-out too much past that 20cm mark so that it will fit under the aircraft seats.
    2. Will the center pocket on the Trininty open all the way, or only on one side like the TristSar? Sticking my laptop in one of the Western Flyer pockets (in a cache) meant that I could get my laptop out from the end/side of the bag which is great for when the bag is in the over-head compartment of an aircraft.
    3. Oh and finally, any chance you'll be making bags lining with the high-vis Solaris color? Cool

I'll continue to keep an eye out for any previews of the Trinity - it might just be the perfect business travel bag Smilie .

Thanks

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Traveltech View Post
    @Darcy Any updates or teaser images for the Trinity? We are excited to start travel dreaming again.
    ^^^^Lets start dreaming^^^^
    Monster Truck (Nebulous Gray) Cadet (Steel /NW Sky) Yeoman Duffel Mini (Burnt Orange) Yeoman Duffel Small (Steel)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Darcy View Post
    Clever @backpack ! I almost revealed the color. To answer your question: it depends on when the Trinity debuts and when that new color arrives.

It's still too early to say. I will share that in all of our tests, the removable/swappable straps are just as comfortable as the sewn-in variety, and removable of course offers more options to the user.

To be honest, when we're in the midst of a major design (or major design(s) as is the case right now) the complimentary and optional organizational items (while they do occur to us) can fall outside the focus we're putting on completing, testing, and reflecting on the major design. So.... thanks for reminding us about a Freudian Slip for the Trinity! If there's an existing size of Freudian Slip that works well with some sizes of Trinity, we're likely to suggest folks use that one instead of making a new size... that way, anyone who already owns that Freudian Slip can use that one instead of buying a new one. And if there isn't an existing size that works well, we'll make a new one.
    so happy, love my Freudian slips.

Forum Member
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I revisit this page every few weeks hoping for further information on the Trinity bag - i.e. a teaser photo, etc. Hoping that Tom and team have perfected/finalized the design soon.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mulligan View Post
    I revisit this page every few weeks hoping for further information on the Trinity bag - i.e. a teaser photo, etc. Hoping that Tom and team have perfected/finalized the design soon.
    Me too @Mulligan
    Monster Truck (Nebulous Gray) Cadet (Steel /NW Sky) Yeoman Duffel Mini (Burnt Orange) Yeoman Duffel Small (Steel)

Forum Member
    South Florida
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I love my Tri-star. I wonder if this might be better and a replacement...whenever it is that we get to travel again. Can't wait to see this.

TOM BIHN Crew (we work here) Darcy's Avatar
    The far west
    Mentioned
    237 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I know this isn't the update that some of you were hoping for, but here's the status of the Trinity... Tom’s decided to focus on completing some of the nearly-done more everyday-use type designs he’s been working on (a backpack, messenger bag, a new Truck that holds a laptop, etc.) and, in-between finishing up those designs, continue to refine the design of the Trinity. At this point, our best estimate is that the Trinity could debut in mid-late 2021.
    Have a question? @Darcy (to make sure I see it)

Current carry: testing new potential materials in the form of Original Large Shop Bags.

Forum Member
    MO
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I know this isn't the update that some of you were hoping for, but here's the status of the Trinity... Tomís decided to focus on completing some of the nearly-done more everyday-use type designs heís been working on (a backpack, messenger bag, a new Truck that holds a laptop, etc.) and, in-between finishing up those designs, continue to refine the design of the Trinity. At this point, our best estimate is that the Trinity could debut in mid-late 2021.
    Makes sense to not focus on a new travel bag atm. Trinity

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Volunteer Moderator
    SF Bay area
    Mentioned
    109 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I know this isn't the update that some of you were hoping for, but here's the status of the Trinity... Tom’s decided to focus on completing some of the nearly-done more everyday-use type designs he’s been working on (a backpack, messenger bag, a new Truck that holds a laptop, etc.) and, in-between finishing up those designs, continue to refine the design of the Trinity. At this point, our best estimate is that the Trinity could debut in mid-late 2021.
    Makes sense... but now of course I'm curious what this additional new backpack might be Smilie
    I like all the blues and greys...and all the happy citrus colours too! My search unicorn is the Sapphire Dyneema original Small Shop Bag...

Forum Member
    St Andrews, Scotland
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by G42 View Post
    Makes sense... but now of course I'm curious what this additional new backpack might be Smilie
    Guessing maybe it's the one he showed during the Facebook chat-the one that looked like a Guide Edition Daylight?
    Guide's Edition Synapse 25, Pilot, HLT2

Wisconsin
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks for the update, Darcy Smilie I hope the new messenger bag is 15" MacBook Pro-friendly, thought would be awesome!
    Family, Guitar, Design, Travel....get after it!

Volunteer Moderator
    SF Bay area
    Mentioned
    109 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Skirata44 View Post
    Guessing maybe it's the one he showed during the Facebook chat-the one that looked like a Guide Edition Daylight?
    You never know how many things Tom and Nik are working on simultaneously Wink
    I like all the blues and greys...and all the happy citrus colours too! My search unicorn is the Sapphire Dyneema original Small Shop Bag...

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Disappointing news...
    I’ve been delaying a much needed purchase to see what TB will be offering in the Trinity. Unfortunately waiting a year is a deal breaker for me. Hope everyone will enjoy yet another backpack, messenger bag, etc, etc.

Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 LastLast