Main TOM BIHN website

emailus@tombihn.com

COMMUNITY FORUMS

Welcome! We're glad you are here. This is the place to ask for bag advice, help other people out, post reviews, and share photos and videos.

x

First, select your desired search engine:

• Google Search
  • DuckDuckGo
  • Original Forum Search Engine

User Tag List

Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Trinity

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Trinity

Iíve been patiently waiting to learn about the design features of the upcoming new bag Trinity...until today when I receive notification of the WF restock. Should I go ahead and purchase a WF in my favorite color scheme or wait on this mysterious new bag? Decisions decisions...Smirk
    Monster Truck (Nebulous Gray) Cadet (Steel /NW Sky) Yeoman Duffel (Burnt Orange)

Silicon Valley
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Chris D. View Post
    I’ve been patiently waiting to learn about the design features of the upcoming new bag Trinity...until today when I receive notification of the WF restock. Should I go ahead and purchase a WF in my favorite color scheme or wait on this mysterious new bag? Decisions decisions...Smirk
    Gah! I'm in the same boat, i wish we had some more hints on the Trinity! Maybe @darcy; will take pity on us because, let's face it, i'll be getting a Trinity anyway Big Grin

Forum Member
    Perth, Australia
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I donít think the trinity is coming any time soon. Iíd get the WF. If need be then you can always sell it on later and not lose out much.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Forum Member
    Boston, MA
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Bumping this in the hopes of some word from the Mother Ship. I’m thinking of ordering a few items but want to know first where the trinity falls in the spectrum. Is it the size of a co-pilot or a western flyer? Functions like a packing cube backpack? Just a hint or two would really help guide us with next purchases!

TOM BIHN Crew (we work here) Darcy's Avatar
    The far west
    Mentioned
    59 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We just finished a meeting about the Trinity this morning. I'll circle back here with some updates soon.
    Have a question? @Darcy (to make sure I see it)

Current carry: testing new potential materials in the form of Original Large Shop Bags.

Forum Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Darcy View Post
    We just finished a meeting about the Trinity this morning. I'll circle back here with some updates soon.
    Outstanding! I can't wait to hear more.

Forum Member
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Me too, looking forward to hearing more about the Trinity.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I am also very excited to hear news about the Trinity! I love everything about WFs, just wish they were smaller to pass as EDC Smilie

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3000 using Tapatalk

TOM BIHN Crew (we work here) Darcy's Avatar
    The far west
    Mentioned
    59 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Let's think of these as "design in progress" tags more than spoiler tags... basically you're getting insider information here, but it may be subject to change, so don't hold me to this! At this point, an evolving design results in a better design for everyone. You don't need to use spoiler tags in your response, but if you want to just for fun, here's how:

<spoiler=Hamlet>Everyone dies.</spoiler>

Except replace the < with [ and the > with ].

Spoiler for Trinity Update:

• There are two sizes of Trinity; the larger of the two -- which will eventually be the "medium" size -- is roughly 18.7Ē x 12.8Ē x 7.9Ē / 475 x 325 x 200mm, which is bigger than the Western Flyer, but a bit smaller than the Tri-Star.
    • Plans are to use a removable/swappable version of the Edgeless Shoulder Straps so you can leave the straps behind if your trip or outing wonít require use in backpack mode.
    • Options for a removable internal frame and padded hip belt *for the medium size and largest size only... largest size won't debut until after the small and medium* are in the works as well.
    • There's a generous laptop compartment that will accommodate most of the widest screen laptops.
    • Internal zip-away dividers similar to Tri-Star to compartmentalize your kit.
    • Three super handy and useful front pockets (nothing like the Western Flyer and*Tristar pockets, though.)
    • Timeline? The design is very close, but it's in that stage where Tom keeps thinking of ways he can make it even better. Our hope is to debut it this spring/summer.

Have a question? @Darcy (to make sure I see it)

Current carry: testing new potential materials in the form of Original Large Shop Bags.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thank you so much for the update, Darcy!!!

Spoiler for excitement:
    I'm very much hoping for the smallest size to be smaller than 400 x 250 x 200 mm, aka the personal item size limit for Ryanair.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3000 using Tapatalk

Silicon Valley
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Darcy View Post
    so don't hold me to this! At this point, an evolving design results in a better design for everyone.
    So great to get this kind of info! And definitely understand the design are evolving and anything here is subject to change! With that, ...

Spoiler for Awkward Question Maybe?:
    What price ranges do you see the small and mediums?

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm curious if the small size will be more of an "overnight" or a "commuting" bag.
    ----
    All tyranny needs to gain a foothold is for people of good conscience to remain silent.
    Edmund Burke

Forum Member
    Buffalo, NY
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by bchaplin View Post
    I'm curious if the small size will be more of an "overnight" or a "commuting" bag.
    If this forum and r/onebag have taught me anything, it's that it doesn't matter what the size is-someone will try and succeed to live indefinitely out of it.

Forum Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thank you, Darcy! Really great to have this much detail as a preview - even if it does change some as the thinking evolves. Excited to see the final version(s)!

Forum Member
    Orlando, FL
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    OOOO, Darcy, the Medium Trinity sounds like the type of bag I've been hoping for. Aubergine ballistic with the new solar interior would put the icing on the cake.

Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 ... LastLast